Draft - Miami Players Consensus Projections

Advertisement
Redwine is not going lower than 5th round. There is not a lot of safeties with his versatility

Willis round 3
Joe Jackson round 3
Redwine round 3
Mike Jackson round 3
Jaquan Johnson 4-5th round
Travis homer 5th round
Tyree St. Louis 6th round

Advertisement
To call Thomas and Jackson sub par athletes is disingenuous. They

Rashan Gary was a two time first team all conference player.
Joe Jackson made Honorable Mention once.

Maybe Gary was also a much better player.

Thomas is a much better athletic tester, too. Joe Jackson's testing was bad, man. As bad as CeCe Jefferson and Jachai Polite. There are not many guys on rosters that are as unathletic as those guys.

Joe Jackson's athletic profile projects as a practice squad player. Data going back 6 years...players with Jackson's athletic profile on the EDGE are mostly practice squad guys. Your upside here is Ryan Anderson (2 career sacks) and Markus Golden (popped for a 12.5 sack season in his second year, but per pff a career below average player).

Whatever your projection for Jackson is, you should probably lower it.

I agree, Gary is the much better bet.

Jackson may have tested worse than Thomas - but both tested poorly. I agree with you that it wouldn't be surprising to see Jackson fall below his projection.

The interesting thing to me is Jackson had 22.5 sacks in 3 years and Thomas had 10 sacks in 4 years. Jackson was WAY more productive. At least Jackson got Honorable Mention All ACC, Thomas didn't even get that.

But Thomas was projected as a 5th-7th round pick and almost ended up in the 2nd round. And I think that largely due to him being a 5 Star in HS. Once someone gets a reputation as a great player, that can be just as valuable as athleticism or production.

To call Thomas and Jackson sub par athletes is disingenuous. They

Rashan Gary was a two time first team all conference player.
Joe Jackson made Honorable Mention once.

Maybe Gary was also a much better player.

Thomas is a much better athletic tester, too. Joe Jackson's testing was bad, man. As bad as CeCe Jefferson and Jachai Polite. There are not many guys on rosters that are as unathletic as those guys.

Joe Jackson's athletic profile projects as a practice squad player. Data going back 6 years...players with Jackson's athletic profile on the EDGE are mostly practice squad guys. Your upside here is Ryan Anderson (2 career sacks) and Markus Golden (popped for a 12.5 sack season in his second year, but per pff a career below average player).

Whatever your projection for Jackson is, you should probably lower it.

But Brock said he's going to be a steal because he had sacks in college.

But Brock said he's going to be a steal because he had sacks in college.
Again he will be a much better value in the 3rd round than picking Rashan Gary anywhere in the first round and I stand By that 10 times out of 10. No one is saying joe Jackson is the best de or should go in the first however he is one of the better edge rushers in the class that combines pass rush ability with run stopping ability. He’s one of the more complete ends in the draft actually just lacks the athleticism as an edge rusher which is obviously hurting him

Again he will be a much better value in the 3rd round than picking Rashan Gary anywhere in the first round and I stand By that 10 times out of 10. No one is saying joe Jackson is the best de or should go in the first however he is one of the better edge rushers in the class that combines pass rush ability with run stopping ability. He’s one of the more complete ends in the draft actually just lacks the athleticism as an edge rusher which is obviously hurting him

Rashan Gary = Cameron Jordan, Preston Smith spectrum of edge players.

I outlined some of the comps with Joe Jackson. I don't like his odds to be legit starter in the NFL at this rate. He's going to have to be a rare oddity to succeed at the level where he's a better pick in any round than Rashan Gary in R1.

Advertisement
It's obviously anecdotal but a lot of the stuff I'm seeing/hearing seems to indicate that Redwine's draft stock has been rising pretty rapidly.

It's a week before the draft - so I looked at different sites rankings of Miami players to see what their composite ranking would look like.

- I made an average of where they ranked overall and at their position.
- I only used sites that had an overall "big board" list of 250+ players (big enough to have all our players ranked)

Hopefully they all get drafted at the high end of their projections

View attachment 83664

I hope they all make. I do want to point out as we all know by looking at this, Miami is still a long way away from competing with the big boys. Until we are sending multiple 1st-3rd rd guys to the league year over year, we won’t be back.

It's obviously anecdotal but a lot of the stuff I'm seeing/hearing seems to indicate that Redwine's draft stock has been rising pretty rapidly.

Watch out for the Rams at some point. They have done their due diligence on a ton of safeties in this class.
Bears have also reportedly met with Redwine. They don't pick until Round 2 and haven't met with a ton of obvious Round 2 picks.

Lol at Mike Jackson being a 6th round draft pick... he’ll get drafted by the 3rd at the latest.

Joe Jackson - 1st round
Gerald Willis - 2nd round
Mike Jack - 2nd round
Jaquan Johnson - 4th round
Sheldrick Redwine - 4th round
Travis Homer - 4th round
This isn't going to come close to happening.

Advertisement
Joe Jackson to the Titans in the 3rd rd. They need DE and Wake doesn’t have many years left.

FWIW

Idk but first round management is building a strong group of guys in the league
Reuben foster , njoku, Herndon, Darius Leonard, Gerald Willis, tytus Howard etc.

all of these guys have done well in
The league for so far outside of Willis and Howard since they havent been drafted yet. This is pretty interesting so we will see ultimately one way or another. Only people that have mocked Willis second round or higher this draft process has been kiper and mcshay.

The second day pick possibilities for Miami are.
2nd day(2nd-3rd round)
Willis
Joe Jackson
Michael jackson
Sheldrick redwine.
Can see any of these guys going in at least the 3rd round but they could also fall to day 3 as well.

3rd day possibilities
Travis homer
Jaquan Johnson
Tyree St. Louis
Can’t see anybody in this group going before the 4th round.

Advertisement
FWIW

Idk but first round management is building a strong group of guys in the league
Reuben foster , njoku, Herndon, Darius Leonard, Gerald Willis, tytus Howard etc.

all of these guys have done well in
The league for so far outside of Willis and Howard since they havent been drafted yet. This is pretty interesting so we will see ultimately one way or another. Only people that have mocked Willis second round or higher this draft process has been kiper and mcshay.

The second day pick possibilities for Miami are.
2nd day(2nd-3rd round)
Willis
Joe Jackson
Michael jackson
Sheldrick redwine.
Can see any of these guys going in at least the 3rd round but they could also fall to day 3 as well.

3rd day possibilities
Travis homer
Jaquan Johnson
Tyree St. Louis
Can’t see anybody in this group going before the 4th round.

St.louis isnt getting drafted

Lol at Mike Jackson being a 6th round draft pick... he’ll get drafted by the 3rd at the latest.

Joe Jackson - 1st round
Gerald Willis - 2nd round
Mike Jack - 2nd round
Jaquan Johnson - 4th round
Travis Homer - 4th round
Never fails. LOL

Gerald Willis - Late 2nd round (Steal!)
Joe Jackson - 3rd round
Thriller - 4th round
Jaquan Johnson - 5th round (Steal!)
Travis Homer - 5th round

These guys will get picked up by a team as UFAs
St Louis
Boulware
Gray
Dean
Odenigbo
Gauthier

St.louis isnt getting drafted
Why wouldn’t he in the last 2 rounds? We have seen way worse players drafted than st.louis and he had hype entering the season. Still a pretty gifted protector as a right tackle not left. He was one of the top pass graded tackles in the country as a rt in his junior season. Some team will throw out his performance as a left tackle in the line of thinking he’s not naturally suited for that and consider what he did as a right tackle which he excelled at. Not saying he will be drafted obviously but there is a chance

Advertisement
Back