Draft - Miami Players Consensus Projections

bshaw28

Junior
It's a week before the draft - so I looked at different sites rankings of Miami players to see what their composite ranking would look like.

- I made an average of where they ranked overall and at their position.
- I only used sites that had an overall "big board" list of 250+ players (big enough to have all our players ranked)

Hopefully they all get drafted at the high end of their projections

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's a week before the draft - so I looked at different sites rankings of Miami players to see what their composite ranking would look like.

- I made an average of where they ranked overall and at their position.
- I only used sites that had an overall "big board" list of 250+ players (big enough to have all our players ranked)

Hopefully they all get drafted at the high end of their projections

View attachment 83664
Gerald Willis in the 3rd will be seen as a steal in a couple years.

If Joe Jackson goes in the 3rd round or lower, some team is going to get tremendous value.
If Michael Jackson goes anywhere below the 3rd, he'll be another very valuable rookie contract.
Sheldrick Redwine after the 5th is tremendous value for his versatility.

The Dolphins are too ignorant to capture any of those guys' rookie contract value, of course.

Advertisement
Its a shame that Joe Jackson didn't come back. Its a DE/Pass rush heavy class so it makes you wonder if he would be a top 5 DE next year. I guess getting Hill evens out the production we lose and the potential elevation of Garvin
Joe Jackson is a good pass rusher on the edge too but they act like he isn’t for whatever reason. If the guys who they say have bend or moves on the edge (polite/burns) then why was joe Jackson just as productive than them and averaged more sacks per year the last 3? No one is saying he has elite traits for pass rushing but he gets the job done regardless of his perceived limitations. Don’t make any sense but he’s going to be great value wherever he’s picked. I want The Bucs to take him in the 2nd or 3rd round. And “elite” traits be damned I’ll take joe Jackson over a guy like Rashan Gary ANY day who is projected top 10 mainly because of his elite athleticism because it **** sure ain’t because of what he’s done on the field

Last edited:
What's the excuse for all the draftniks having MJ so poorly rated? I know he's not some elite CB talent but he's got a ton of good film and he tested pretty well, especially for a bigger cornerback.

Both Jackson’s and Willis go in the 3rd. Redwine 4th to the Bears, Johnson 6th, Homer 5th-6th. The combine helped Homer big time, otherwise he’d go 6th-undrafted.

Advertisement
Joe Jackson is a good pass rusher on the edge too but they act like he isn’t for whatever reason. If the guys who they say have bend or moves on the edge (polite/burns) then why was joe Jackson so much more productive than them and averaged more sacks per year? Don’t make any sense but he’s going to be great value wherever he’s picked. I want The Bucs to take him in the 2nd or 3rd round

Ehh I dunno Brock, Jackson is still a monster, but the stats don't lie. Regardless, Joe's a monster and isn't going to kill his draft stock like Polite and still got these stats with guys like Garvin and Willis on the line where Burns was the only effective lineman on FSU.

2018 Stats
Polite UF: 45 Tackles, 19.5 for loss, 11 sacks, 6 FF
Burns FSU: 52 Tackles, 15.5 for loss, 10 sacks, 3 FF
Jackson UM: 47 Tackles, 14.5 for loss, 8.5 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT

Advertisement
Joe Jackson is a good pass rusher on the edge too but they act like he isn’t for whatever reason. If the guys who they say have bend or moves on the edge (polite/burns) then why was joe Jackson so much more productive than them and averaged more sacks per year? Don’t make any sense but he’s going to be great value wherever he’s picked. I want The Bucs to take him in the 2nd or 3rd round

Ehh I dunno Brock, Jackson is still a monster, but the stats don't lie. Regardless, Joe's a monster and isn't going to kill his draft stock like Polite and still got these stats with guys like Garvin and Willis on the line where Burns was the only effective lineman on FSU.

2018 Stats
Polite UF: 45 Tackles, 19.5 for loss, 11 sacks, 6 FF
Burns FSU: 52 Tackles, 15.5 for loss, 10 sacks, 3 FF
Jackson UM: 47 Tackles, 14.5 for loss, 8.5 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT
Jackson finished with 9.0 last year but if you do 3 year averaged jackson averaged the most sacks and tfls out of the 3

Arif Hasan does a consensus big board every year from a much bigger pool of sites. He will probably release it next week.

It’s been a difficult 18 years since our last national championship. Projections showing our 2 top draft choices as 3rd rounders reveals how far down the quality of our teams has fallen. In our glory days it was routine to have first rounders in every draft. We even had several first rounders in a few years. Now we occasionally have 1 first rounder in recent years.

We now place our players in the nfl but not the
abundance of high draft choices as in the past. We have been waiting for almost 2 decades to regain our dominance. Hopefully it will happen soon

Advertisement
Back