Dorsey

Advertisement
Can he recruit? Everyone always think star players can kiss a teens *** to come here. Cause if he can't recruit he would be a rewed unless hes a mega genius.

this.

coaches in college fail more due to lack of recruiting success, than lack of knowledge of their craft.

here's are the top 5 things you need to be a successful college coach:

1. Great recruiter
2. Good teacher of fundamentals
3. Great Recruiter
4. Good with X's and O's
5. Great recruiter

We’ve had more physically talented signal callers at the []_[]. However, outside of Kelly, I’d take him as the starter over all the rest. Elite football mind and leader. The most underrated college football quarterback of all time. Good for him. Maybe one day, and I know I’m not alone, he can come back here as head coach and do it all again.
You nailed it my friend. The QB position has a lot of different attributes to it then just arm talent. Leadership is almost as important as ability and Dorsey had that in spades ♠️ I am only going off of interviews of what other players that played with him have said so you can take what I say with a grain of salt. From former players from his teams perspective Dorsey was as intense and competitive as they come and when you are in a leadership role ESPECIALLY QB that trickles down and rubs off on the entire team. We have had some elite signal callers on the team and I am with you on Kelly 1a. and Dorsey 1b. I know Kosar and Vinny were more physically talented than Dorsey but if you gave me the same squad for each QB I would only take Kelly over Dorsey and if I am being quite honest I would pick Kelly because of his NFL career and not college. If I really think about it I actually think Dorsey might have gotten more out of a team full of collegiate athletes then Kelly. You can honestly make a case for any 4 of those QBs for being the best Cane signal caller. That’s not even considering QBs from before the 80s when I was born. It’s a great dilemma that have. Just wish we could throw some more in there besides Kaaya for the past 20 years 🤣😂🤣😂

Can he recruit? Everyone always think star players can kiss a teens *** to come here. Cause if he can't recruit he would be a rewed unless hes a mega genius.
On the flip side, if he can recruit, but sucks at coaching, we're not winning anything. Good coaches can get more out of good players than crappy coaches can get out of great players. Eventually the great players will see this and want to play for him, or any other good coach. We don't win titles by being the best butt kissers. We win titles by being the best butt kickers. Give me the best coaches possible and sit back and watch the show.

On the flip side, if he can recruit, but sucks at coaching, we're not winning anything. Good coaches can get more out of good players than crappy coaches can get out of great players. Eventually the great players will see this and want to play for him, or any other good coach. We don't win titles by being the best butt kissers. We win titles by being the best butt kickers. Give me the best coaches possible and sit back and watch the

To be butt kicker s u need the best or super high level talent, go take a look at the best teams in the last 20 years. Dont tell me they were schematically superior ti everyone else. I see the best talented or top 5 talented teams hanging around that top 5. In the NFL things r closer and u can scheme your way to a title.........CFB is a different beast most talent or alot of talent wins. U need high level 1st round talent period, your making it seem like we have had crappy coaching with 1st round picks everywhere. We have had crappy coaching with bad evals and thats basically it. U cant kick *** without an Ed Reed or Sean Taylor......ask me this would u trade rosters in 01 with FSU? im sure u would trade staffs though yet we still won a natty.

Advertisement
Pass on OC. Next OC should be Graham Harrell or Willie Korn or Newland Isaac (whichever one is calling plays at Coastal Carolina)

this.

coaches in college fail more due to lack of recruiting success, than lack of knowledge of their craft.

here's are the top 5 things you need to be a successful college coach:

1. Great recruiter
2. Good teacher of fundamentals
3. Great Recruiter
4. Good with X's and O's
5. Great recruiter
I agree with all of this but you may have missed the most important part of being a collegiate coach. It all boils down to if you can recruit!!!! 😉

On the flip side, if he can recruit, but sucks at coaching, we're not winning anything. Good coaches can get more out of good players than crappy coaches can get out of great players. Eventually the great players will see this and want to play for him, or any other good coach. We don't win titles by being the best butt kissers. We win titles by being the best butt kickers. Give me the best coaches possible and sit back and watch the show.
While I agree that you need good coaching to win championships. I believe if you recruit the best of the best you can still win championships if the players you recruited are hungry to be the best. The 01 team is the perfect example. We did not win that with excellent coaches. Me and you and a gang of chimps could have coached them to a championship. It’s like Jimmy Johnson said “it’s not about the X’s and O’s it’s about the Jimmy and Joes”. It’s not a coincidence that the teams with the best overall recruiting rankings are in line to win a championship year after year. **** Alabama has a new coaching staff almost **** near every year yet they are always in the hunt. You know what doesn’t change with Alabama in those years? Top 5 recruiting rankings year in and year out and probably top 3 with number 1 over half the years.

Advertisement
We’ve had more physically talented signal callers at the []_[]. However, outside of Kelly, I’d take him as the starter over all the rest. Elite football mind and leader. The most underrated college football quarterback of all time. Good for him. Maybe one day, and I know I’m not alone, he can come back here as head coach and do it all again.
Love Dorsey, but Walsh was smarter. Made less mistakes and made great adjustments on the fly. Couldn't throw the ball as hard though.

Kenny wasnt underrated at all... Thats just our genius fan base. Crazy how quick they forget he was a 2 time Heisman finalist...

Advertisement
A great recruiter with competent Xs and Os will beat great Xs and Os with competent recruiting in college football.

I'd welcome him with open arms if he can get it done on the trail.

To be butt kicker s u need the best or super high level talent, go take a look at the best teams in the last 20 years. Dont tell me they were schematically superior ti everyone else. I see the best talented or top 5 talented teams hanging around that top 5. In the NFL things r closer and u can scheme your way to a title.........CFB is a different beast most talent or alot of talent wins. U need high level 1st round talent period, your making it seem like we have had crappy coaching with 1st round picks everywhere. We have had crappy coaching with bad evals and thats basically it. U cant kick *** without an Ed Reed or Sean Taylor......ask me this would u trade rosters in 01 with FSU? im sure u would trade staffs though yet we still won a natty.
So what were all the mid level schools that could dominate mid teir and play with anyone power 5 level? What was boise under chris peterson? Just one obvious example. They were never superior athletes. They were disciplined and had superior coaching and preparation... I never get how people think kids just play and thats that. Their either studs or jags and its all on them. Doesnt make sense for anyone to say who understands our programs history. Without coaching and development the university of miami would simply be any other under funded athletic program with talented kids who never branched out.

Advertisement
So what were all the mid level schools that could dominate mid teir and play with anyone power 5 level? What was boise under chris peterson? Just one obvious example. They were never superior athletes. They were disciplined and had superior coaching and preparation... I never get how people think kids just play and thats that. Their either studs or jags and its all on them. Doesnt make sense for anyone to say who understands our programs history. Without coaching and development the university of miami would simply be any other under funded athletic program with talented kids who never branched out.
did boise win a title?

did boise win a title?
Are you legit asking that as a question or are you saying the only good/dominant football teams is the one who wins the championship that year? Cause you said BUTT KICKERS... Id assume that was more than one team a year. Otherwise we dont qualify except for a handful of times throughout history ourselves either.

did boise win a title?
And by the way you get first round picks by developing the talent you have. That falls on your coaches and your peers... If you think chief as much as i love him is more talented because he was a first round pick than either brevin or will youd be ape **** crazy. How bout jimmy graham? Ill fill in for you(he was a basketball player and didnt have time to DEVELOP) kid word would be develop. Im sorry you dont realize how pivital good coaching is. Youre that way because its been so long since as a um fan yall have even seen adequate coaching. Just look at that Joe burrow led lsu squad. They went from a ****** offense and a talented defense that we shouldve beat to that same exact team plus todd orlando dominating college football and winning the chip. How bout in our own program. Dan enos offense to lashlee offense. You gonna say that was all king huh? You know i ***** with u d. But its crazy to act like we havent had talented teams and thats why weve been losing... Its really knuckin futs to be honest. Than no one shouldve took issue with No d and no one shouldve took issue with cmr (god bless him) or enos either. Cause it was all the kids faults we had a route tree that involved 5 routes total and the same kids running routes they physically shouldve never came near. Youre too smart to say some dumb ****t like that and genuinely believe it.

Advertisement
Back