Don't kill the messenger. Word is, Golden gone by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we fired him for Cristobal, or Coley, or basically anbody not named Butch, Patterson, Dantonio, Helfrich, or Rex, I'm done.

you can eliminate patterson, dantonio, and helfrich. there's no way that those guys leave national championship contenders for our trainwreck. the most we could do is poach their coordinators.

Our trainwreck won't be a trainwreck if golden leaves

The redeeming quality in all of this, which is unlike any other program, a good hire will instantly restore the elite local prospects and rejuvenate the fan base. That is what has been so disheartening about the BOT's lack of any type of decision. You can avoid any potential loss in ticket sales. You can avoid a gap in accumulating talent, which would cause at least a few years of rebuilding, if only the BOT would pull the trigger.

Keeping Golden on board to save $8 million over an amortized schedule of 3-5 years, is minimal in comparison to the revenue hit from season ticket holders not re-newing, and recruits abandoning the program. Simplistic view on my part perhaps, but I just don't see what the benefits of keeping him on staff can be at this point.

Advertisement
You will see in a few years how much talent this team has....when Dorsett, Duke, Flowers, etc are starting in the NFL.

A nutless monkey can land 5 star after 5 star at Miami......its like shooting fish in a barrel.

Golden's problem is not his personality.....its the kids know he is full of ****. One of the worst "football coaches" I have ever seen. Beyond clueless. Kids want to play for a winner. He was able to fool a bunch of kids in year 1 and 2 into thinking he was a good football coach. Can't fool anyone now.

Don't know what's going on but the beast said he has been trying to get info but everybody is tight lipped.

Advertisement
I live in Upstate NY, but mark my words.

If this **** goes through, I will rent out a spot and throw a huge canes fan only bash. I will DJ. Strippers, catering, strippers, booze. Free for all. No BS.

All will be welcome.

If this **** goes through, I will rent out a spot and throw a huge canes fan only bash. I will DJ. Strippers, catering, strippers, booze. Free for all. No BS.

All will be welcome.

Now i know it won't happen. Nate Dogg is a cheap skate. Saying this means he is confident it'll never happen. Pack ur **** anf go home everyone

I hate this thread b/c there's no reason for me to have any faith this glorious thing will happen but I can't seem to stay away...

Advertisement

All will be welcome.

Love your enthusiasm. Make sure you have enough strippers.

All will be welcome.

You're that confident it isn't happening, eh?

All will be welcome.

Cool, but will there be strippers?

Advertisement

All will be welcome.

I live in upstate New York....I'll help you plan it

I never understood when people say "Golden is an Al Groh protege." In the past, UM would never hire Al Groh but then hired his mini-me, smh

Advertisement

All will be welcome.

Now i know it won't happen. Nate Dogg is a cheap skate. Saying this means he is confident it'll never happen. Pack ur **** anf go home everyone

Cheap skate? I'm a proud donor of the fire al golden banner fund.

Golden is able to convince people he has it all figured out despite a track record that clearly shows he doesn't.

The guy is slick....I will give him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back