Don't kill the messenger. Word is, Golden gone by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the timeline here makes some sense. blake was suppose to meet with golden this week to discuss staff changes

Advertisement
This is gruden and psu all over again.

100+ pages just to find out the staff is in jersey recruitng this weekend and the BOT are on vacation for the holidays.

to be fair, Al was really trying to get that Penn St. gig

Until Feldman or a national guy tweets something, ain't **** happening

If we fired him for Cristobal, or Coley, or basically anbody not named Butch, Patterson, Dantonio, Helfrich, or Rex, I'm done.

you can eliminate patterson, dantonio, and helfrich. there's no way that those guys leave national championship contenders for our trainwreck. the most we could do is poach their coordinators.

Ok. Nuke this thread.
Ban Geo.
And let's prepare to put on a bow on the #37th ranked recruiting class.

Advertisement
Monday's headline will read,
No changes to Al goldens 6-7 staff to move forward into next season

I'm starting to get the feeling this was leaked so it would pacify the fans. The New Years Eve twitter bashing was epic. Maybe they think this will calm us down until we forget how mad we are.

Advertisement
Expect D'onofrio back next year "IF" Al is not out of here.

If Al is not out? Not really concerned about D'onofrio. Al needs to go. What I gathering from what you are saying is that someone is forcing Fat Al to make changes and he is refusing to do so which could possibly lead to his termination? What's really going on here....Why talk in riddles? Thats where a lot of skepticism comes from by people like me. No offense man but this just sounds like sizzle and no steak if true I'll apologize but c'mon now.

Geo is simply bringing information to the board, which we all appreciate. He is not guaranteeing anything, and has even gone out of his way to say he isn't 100% confident that it is going to happen. Even after stating that his source is legit --

It is up to the individuals of this board to infer, and deduce what the likely outcome will be.

D'Nof will be here "IF", should tell you that Golden is refusing to let go of anyone on his staff. Perhaps, the BOT is not cool with this considering the giant letdown that was this season, and the toxicity that currently surrounds this program.

Mexican standoff - Fat Al not making staff changes, BOT trying to force his hand. Something gots to give. Perhaps the BOT gave Al a deadline to make changes, he has not, which will subsequently lead to his firing.

Fair enough. The arrogance of Fat Al, if true.

I was told 2 years ago; I didn't want to believe it. I should have listened.

+1

Advertisement
The BOT can't believe Golden is stubborn and dumb enough not to make changes for at least public relation purposes......

Golden can't believe the BOT won't fire him after refusing to make coaching changes to appease the masses.....

The BOT can't believe Golden won't take a reduced buyout to avoid the next 12 months of **** he will endure.....
THEN Why AREN'T BOT MEMBERS MADE TO FEEL THE SAME TOXIC **** AL IS MADE TO ALLEGEDLY ENDURE?
That is where we are at.....somebody is going to blink.

Then, it seems no one there really cares. BOTs don't give a SHlT while Golden as Parent & Husband cares for his family, and so the only one making any decision based on principle. So Al leaving is based on Al's

If we fired him for Cristobal, or Coley, or basically anbody not named Butch, Patterson, Dantonio, Helfrich, or Rex, I'm done.

you can eliminate patterson, dantonio, and helfrich. there's no way that those guys leave national championship contenders for our trainwreck. the most we could do is poach their coordinators.

Our trainwreck won't be a trainwreck if golden leaves

Advertisement
fwiw him staying at this point does as much damage to his career as it does to the program. i do believe, if i was him, that parting ways with cash in hand and on his terms is plausible. let's hope the game of chicken, for the buyout, has ended with him leaving. goodbye and good luck

Al Golden is the last of the poison fruit from the Al Groh Virginia coaching tree.

This is what you have to look forward to if Golden sticks around.....

2001 Virginia 5–7
2002 Virginia 9–4*
2003 Virginia 8–5
2004 Virginia 8–4
2005 Virginia 7–5
2006 Virginia 5–7
2007 Virginia 9–4
2008 Virginia 5–7
2009 Virginia 3–9

Golden does not have a career in football as a head coach....

He will do very well in television.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back