D'Onofrio was much more aggressive today

Lbs are awful in coverage....whether they don't get the scheme or whatnot, te and rb wide open all day. Luckily the tes dropped a lot of passes...

LBs deserve the biggest excuse of any unit on team. Fentress is playing solid minutes. Nuff said (love the kid though)... but let's keep it real.

They've been awful in coverage all year sans the DP pick 6 at BC...I agree depth is bad, but don't act like this just started today.

They were much better in coverage today vs game 1.
And thats without DP.

I actually saw a glimmer of hope with the defense in the 1st half. You've really gotta look... but it's there.

Advertisement
He wad real aggressive today, lots of different blitzes, and I like how he was bringing Bush down in the box before the snap to jam the TE

Too many big plays allowed, but you'd have to be blind or just ******* ignorant to not see at least a modicum of improvement.

This game should have been over midway through the 2nd quarter. But here we are 3-0 in the ACC and some are still questioning whether we can compete?!? WTF?

God **** this fan base is full of a bunch of whiny, miserable *****!!

Too many big plays allowed, but you'd have to be blind or just ****ing ignorant to not see at least a modicum of improvement.

This game should have been over midway through the 2nd quarter. But here we are 3-0 in the ACC and some are still questioning whether we can compete?!? WTF?

God **** this fan base is full of a bunch of whiny, miserable ****s!!

Exactly. We've got a genius on this thread predicting 7-5 and saying he'd be happy with going 3-4 after this start. WTF??? We go 3-4 to close the season and Golden should be fired.

Advertisement
So people are cool with giving up 600 yards of offense and 37 points so long as we're "aggressive"?

LOL at least you guys are consistent.

We. Do. Not. Have. The. Horses.

Advertisement
I heard someone today say they grade D'Ono an "F" and Fisch, based on his numbers, an A-.

I'd grade them C and B-. I think it's a lot closer because Fisch has some horses and has had some nice opportunities. We're asking D'ono to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. He can do better, but he starts from a disadvantage.

Our DL is basically the Bodies exhibit. All they do is occupy space.

If we get some legit DL to go with our LB corps and young DB's, we can start making our way back.

So people are cool with giving up 600 yards of offense and 37 points so long as we're "aggressive"?

Yes because it caused 6 TOs.
The alternative is creating 0 TOs but giving up same yardage, eh?

Advertisement

Well, we can't get off the field with consistent stops, so 5+1 turnovers *is* a big improvement. I mean, KState didn't punt until the last possession of the game (not that NCstate is anywhere close to that good).

You're right, we don't have the horses and 37 pts is not gonna cut it, but we are getting better and learning how to win. And we're not quitting. If we can get some guys healthy we could get better real quick.

Yes because it caused 6 TOs.
The alternative is creating 0 TOs but giving up same yardage, eh?

I only saw 1 turnover that was caused by "aggressive" playcalling, and that was the blind side blitz from Eddie Johnson.

Did you see the final stats in the WVU - Baylor game? Baylor gave up 807 yards and WVU gave up 700!!! 2 punts for each team.

Advertisement
There is no way to sugarcoat anything with regards to the defense. It is ******* atrocious.

Dude we didn't have the horses at the start of the year. Not even sure what animals we had out there this week but they weren't horses.

Came up with some big plays though.

We got 6 turnovers (mostly gifted), ncst had 11 penalties, and we still gave up 40. Not pretty.

Just a terrible post on so many levels.

Feel free to expand on your complex theorem.

Maybe you should.

I watched the game and am very curious how you can call 6 TO's mostly gifted.

Ah, is that what we're talking about? Ok. I have to re-watch it, as I can't remember them all right now to be honest, but a couple were really bad gifts.

Like the one at the end of the game where the WR broke off the route and Finnie picked it off without a single NCST player within 20 yards of him. Or when they hiked it into the endzone for a safety. I remember a soft fumble or two too that I'd be livid about if I were an NCST fan. if I get a chance to re-watch I'll add more specifics. I know every teams fans always think its all about their team, but if I am an NCST fan I'm throwing rocks at the team bus in Raleigh tonight.

Anyway, as for the other 67% of my post (since he said "so many levels"), yes, they had 11 penalties to the tune of almost 100 yards. Agree?

And yes, our defense gave up 40 points (maintaining our 40 point average against D1 teams this year, btw). Agree?

Advertisement
Back