D'Onofrio was much more aggressive today

DeadPoets

Senior
Gotta give him props. We gave up crap ton of yards today but he dialed up some nice blitzes (2 causing fumbles)

The defense in the 1st half played better than they ever have. If the offense would have finished off a few drives after turnovers... we win by 28

Advertisement
We got 6 turnovers (mostly gifted), ncst had 11 penalties, and we still gave up 40. Not pretty.

We got 6 turnovers (mostly gifted), ncst had 11 penalties, and we still gave up 40. Not pretty.

How were they gifted?? Kids putting hats on the ball or going for the strip is not gifted. That is practice.

One thing we did do a good job of was being physical and getting receivers off their spots. As bad as it was out there, this actually worked quite a few times and saved our butts.

Advertisement

"Gifted?" That was some serious tackling/stripping going on. None of the fumbles we gifted, so other than the last int, which were gifted?

We get nasty when we get around the ball. God I can't wait to see this team with a tier 1 DL.

It's about to get nice in Coral Gables. Please God pay Fisch!!!

i think the only "gifted" turnover was the pick were it looked like finnie was the WR on the play.

Lbs are awful in coverage....whether they don't get the scheme or whatnot, te and rb wide open all day. Luckily the tes dropped a lot of passes...

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks every turnover is "gifted" has no clue what football is about. Some are gifted. Others are the results of smart, tough, and physical defense.

Lbs are awful in coverage....whether they don't get the scheme or whatnot, te and rb wide open all day. Luckily the tes dropped a lot of passes...

LBs deserve the biggest excuse of any unit on team. Fentress is playing solid minutes. Nuff said (love the kid though)... but let's keep it real.

Advertisement
Bomb is right. Not sure what anyone saw out of the D that makes them think we can contend for ACC.

The walkon was our best player not named Eddie Johnson.

Advertisement
Bomb is right. Not sure what anyone saw out of the D that makes them think we can contend for ACC.

The walkon was our best player not named Eddie Johnson.

lol we're 3-0 and the acc sucks. That's a start
And keep in mind most had us to finish 2nd to last in COASTAL... not ACC... COASTAL

LBs deserve the biggest excuse of any unit on team. Fentress is playing solid minutes. Nuff said (love the kid though)... but let's keep it real.

They've been awful in coverage all year sans the DP pick 6 at BC...I agree depth is bad, but don't act like this just started today.

Gotta admit even though we gave up 600 yards offense I was fine with Onofrios play calling excapt on that dropping 8 in coverage on the goal line..that was dumb but this was a well coached game by him

Advertisement
Back