D'Onofrio was much more aggressive today

So people are cool with giving up 600 yards of offense and 37 points so long as we're "aggressive"?

LOL at least you guys are consistent.

We. Do. Not. Have. The. Horses.
if we're going to give up the 600+ and 37 anyways ..i prefer that we're aggressive, which can cause turnovers, over playing soft and taking it.

How did being "aggressive" force any turnovers?

Outside of the Eddie Johnson sack, our "aggressiveness" didn't force anything. Guys just ripped the ball out, which has nothing to do with playcalling.

you said it right there.. our aggressiveness forced that fumble.. but that's only one part of being aggressive.. hurried throws, throw aways etc.. that's all part of it. If we expect a fumble or a pick every time we're aggressive we're going to be severely disappointed..

And for the most part.. i think our guys have held up pretty well in man, especially down field. We need to improve on finding the ball and making a play on it. But that shouldn't deter D'Onof from taking those chances.

That fumble was one play. A blind side blitz isn't some amazing play call. It's not like it's the first time we've blitzed all year.

I'm not one of the D'Onofrio haters. I think it's going to take time to get more talent in, and develop it.

I just find it funny that people think the playcalling was improved in this game.

We got absolutely shredded just like the other games. Only difference is we got a few strips.

Advertisement
Our guys did not "hold up well" in man coverage at all. Off the top of my head, I remember Finnie getting burnt on a pretty sick throw and catch down the sideline and Antonio Crawford committing pass interference. Right now, the only guy who is competent in man coverage is McGee. Finnie seems like he'll get there, though.

Our guys did not "hold up well" in man coverage at all. Off the top of my head, I remember Finnie getting burnt on a pretty sick throw and catch down the sideline and Antonio Crawford committing pass interference. Right now, the only guy who is competent in man coverage is McGee. Finnie seems like he'll get there, though.

And even McGee got smoked on that 60-yard bomb late in the game.

Advertisement
Back