Donell Harris (New Thread)

A lot can be read into Dads comments and I'm sure there will be many differing opinions.

One of the most revealing comments was about bags. Pretty much admitted that bags are real.

A high quality education was never mentioned.

Dad made some very valid points - most of which we already know.

Dad wants some love as well.

U think one of the revealing parts of the interview was pops talking about the bagman? Did you just start following recruiting? Bags have been around forever

Advertisement
20190627_080840.jpg

But what if you're winning AND you offer not TWO pennies but TWENTY MILLION PENNIES? What say you, pops?

F**k that BS he talking. Who the **** is he to say certain people don't deserve offers, when the kids we are offering primarily are being sold to the schools with the bags. Florida has been trash minus last year but that is who he's feeling? C'mon.....Now those same issues that were already there when your son chose Miami are just inexcusable all of a sudden. People in here eating this BS up. Them numbers started coming in and now it's time to secure the bag. This kid didn't decommit during a bad season or immediately after. This kid decommitted after some unofficals and sit downs with the numbers people from other places.

If Miami doesn't beat Clemson, this kid isn't coming. Even then it still likely won't happen

Advertisement
I also believe his assessment on bags, and I feel people use that as an excuse on why we got beat on the trail.

You really think he would come out and publicly discuss this topic? Of course he will say that bags don't matter.

Recruiting is a combination of many things, and yes, Miami gets beaten for recruits straight up, but denying the existence and impact of the bag game is very naive.

And dad also indicated for Miami to get “back,” the program can’t offer recruits that are not up to snuff.
“It is what it is when it comes to the University of Miami and what we need to do - we need to just win and recruit University of Miami kids,” Donell Sr. said. “Not everybody deserves a University of Miami scholarship. I’m just being straight up.”

The more I think about this, the more I become concerned for some of our other recruits. IDK if many of your saw it but Brinson put out some snarky tweet about "why is Miami offering everyone" right after we offered a couple of the 3 star guys last week. Brantley jumped right on it and told him to delete it, which he did. Aren't all of these guys close? wonder if that's where it's coming from.....

Advertisement
If your a cane your a cane man. If you are a talented player and love Miami nothing will stop you from coming to the U. If we have not had any first round picks and you believe in yourself, then come to Miami and break the curse. Be the dude that changes the culture and brings back the swag. What kind of bull**** mentality is this. Man I love Miami but let me go and perform for a bunch of racists who if I was not playing football they would want nothing to do with me. The U will be back thanks to kids like Don Chaney and Khalil Brantley. These bag chasers with their excuses man.

If your a cane your a cane man. If you are a talented player and love Miami nothing will stop you from coming to the U. If we have not had any first round picks and you believe in yourself, then come to Miami and break the curse. Be the dude that changes the culture and brings back the swag. What kind of bull**** mentality is this. Man I love Miami but let me go and perform for a bunch of racists who if I was not playing football they would want nothing to do with me. The U will be back thanks to kids like Don Chaney and Khalil Brantley. These bag chasers with their excuses man.

:kypowcc: this board is no different

Advertisement
And dad also indicated for Miami to get “back,” the program can’t offer recruits that are not up to snuff.
“It is what it is when it comes to the University of Miami and what we need to do - we need to just win and recruit University of Miami kids,” Donell Sr. said. “Not everybody deserves a University of Miami scholarship. I’m just being straight up.”

The more I think about this, the more I become concerned for some of our other recruits. IDK if many of your saw it but Brinson put out some snarky tweet about "why is Miami offering everyone" right after we offered a couple of the 3 star guys last week. Brantley jumped right on it and told him to delete it, which he did. Aren't all of these guys close? wonder if that's where it's coming from.....
We've gone from being very selective under Richt to casting a wider net under Manny. I believe there was some nonsense narrative about making a Miami offer mean something. As if winning alot of games wouldn't do that for us. Wouldn't surprise me if that is playing a part in this. We're not exactly waiting for guys to play us this time around. We're probably gonna have about 21 or 22 guys committed before the season starts.

Harris won't be a Cane, pops is full of ****... Next

I disagree. People can put blinders on if they want but I'm still trying to figure out what his pops said about us that isn't true? We haven't put any DL in the first 2 rounds since what..Vince Wilfork?? CHECK. We were a disgrace as a team last year. CHECK. We are not relevant as it stands today. CHECK. He wants his son on national TV, playing in big games, and to have a shot at being a first rounder. Not so hard to understand.

Manny..YOUR UP! Go out there, stomp UF, win 10-11 games, go to a BCS game..and then lets have this conversation with pops again in Dec and check all the boxes he asked and put the ball back in his court... If Manny is really a Don, that is how you respond to an interview like this.

Advertisement
We've gone from being very selective under Richt to casting a wider net under Manny. I believe there was some nonsense narrative about making a Miami offer mean something. As if winning alot of games wouldn't do that for us. Wouldn't surprise me if that is playing a part in this. We're not exactly waiting for guys to play us this time around. We're probably gonna have about 21 or 22 guys committed before the season starts.
And I’m kind of on board with that and kind of not, I want To have the best quality classes we can possible and not just rush to just take anybody

:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg: set up your kid to fail because you want to play for Miami

Advertisement
Back