Donell Harris (New Thread)

And dad also indicated for Miami to get “back,” the program can’t offer recruits that are not up to snuff.

“It is what it is when it comes to the University of Miami and what we need to do - we need to just win and recruit University of Miami kids,” Donell Sr. said. “Not everybody deserves a University of Miami scholarship. I’m just being straight up.”

I feel That
Yes and no. How you going to go after only miami caliber players when they playing footsies with every bag school. Dad wants that to stop? Tell your son and all the other defectors to stay home and work with us instead of tucking tail because its harder in miami.

Im over the half assed tongue and cheek comments. They all fans til 5 star son gets bag offers foh.

Advertisement
Dad seemed pretty reasonable. Whether or not we get this kid, the advice is still solid. Reach out to parents, win against rivals, make a Miami scholarship exclusive (no wack recruits), and don’t fling insults to teenagers on twitter. These takeaways will help for recruiting all players

Ummm

I know it's been a while but a quick search and you can see the talent Stroud has put out in the draft in his last DL stop.

I understand the building new relationships with the new staff part though.

Yeah then after Mario and crew, he decided to become a journeymen coach at lower levels, **** decided to follow his dreams of becoming a strength coach till Akron rescued him, I mean he decided to coach again.

Advertisement
Yes because Miami has never had great players in the NFL. Bro **** Slayer i ain’t in the mood for your **** today. I already smashed you on the Q Williams thread.

Name the great players the last 10 years. Smashed what? all you mentioned was his sparq score and besides I said I liked the kid multiple times. I said Manny did not our recruit anyone

I get it we have to develop players I just don't want to hear any backlash later on if his son doesn't make it in the first 2 rounds and I could see him taking it there

Advertisement
I disagree. People can put blinders on if they want but I'm still trying to figure out what his pops said about us that isn't true? We haven't put any DL in the first 2 rounds since what..Vince Wilfork?? CHECK. We were a disgrace as a team last year. CHECK. We are not relevant as it stands today. CHECK. He wants his son on national TV, playing in big games, and to have a shot at being a first rounder. Not so hard to understand.

Manny..YOUR UP! Go out there, stomp UF, win 10-11 games, go to a BCS game..and then lets have this conversation with pops again in Dec and check all the boxes he asked and put the ball back in his court... If Manny is really a Don, that is how you respond to an interview like this.
Ed Oliver just got drafted in the first round after playing 2 years under our former DC. A guy out of Alabama State got drafted in the first round. If you're a first round talent and play like it you'll get drafted in the first round. If our former DC aint stopping that, no one is. So not even poor "non-developing Miami" will keep Harris Jr from being a 1st or 2nd rounder if he's actually worthy of it.

Ed Oliver just got drafted in the first round after playing 2 years under our former DC. A guy out of Alabama State got drafted in the first round. If you're a first round talent and play like it you'll get drafted in the first round. If our former DC aint stopping that, no one is. So not even poor "non-developing Miami" will keep Harris Jr from being a 1st or 2nd rounder if he's actually worthy of it.

So all the Miami kids that played under No D were drafted where they should have been? We didn't have much talent under his defenses?

Advertisement
It looks like he may end up back in the class bc no one wants to take him in 2020. He will redshirt no matter where he goes

I disagree. People can put blinders on if they want but I'm still trying to figure out what his pops said about us that isn't true? We haven't put any DL in the first 2 rounds since what..Vince Wilfork?? CHECK. We were a disgrace as a team last year. CHECK. We are not relevant as it stands today. CHECK. He wants his son on national TV, playing in big games, and to have a shot at being a first rounder. Not so hard to understand.

Manny..YOUR UP! Go out there, stomp UF, win 10-11 games, go to a BCS game..and then lets have this conversation with pops again in Dec and check all the boxes he asked and put the ball back in his court... If Manny is really a Don, that is how you respond to an interview like this.

"He wants his son on national TV, playing in big games, and to have a shot at being a first rounder. Not so hard to understand."

..and he can do every one of those things at Miami. The whole "first rounder" nonsense is just ridiculous. If you're good enough, you'll be a first rounder. When most of the good enough recruits go to Bama, Clemson, and UGA because they want to ride someone else's coattails, of course Miami isn't going to have many first rounders. If those recruits and families who "love" Miami want to see Miami have first rounders, then they need to get their asses to Miami and BE those first rounders.

Advertisement
My take from reading it is this. Harris sr wants for his kid to play for um but he wants a bag. No other way around you dont say all those great things about us and then go and contradict yourself right after wards. If I had to bet he ends up at Florida as they will offer him a bag for whatever reason and Harris jr supposedly likes him

Nobody is saying DH cant be a first rounder here. What I am saying is that is what his dad saying not true? We haven't had a first round DL in 16 years. We brag about our NFL alumni when it suits us but we have to take that one on the chin. We need to fix that. Period. Kids and their parents want to go to the league and be first day picks so they can get out the hood and be rich. All that other **** is for us fans. (reppin' the home town, bringing the U back, loyalty to your hood, KKK schools in the SEC, etc.)

:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg: set up your kid to fail because you want to play for Miami
Straight up idiotic. Coming to Miami is not setting a kid up to fail. Just because you don't put your kid in a school already stacked with 1st rounders so he can ride their coattails doesn't set him up to fail. If the kid is good enough, he'll succeed.

Advertisement
Back