Donell Harris (New Thread)

Advertisement
I don't have anything good to say about Harris Sr. That he or anyone else wants to hear. Just know this, it's **** sure not good, and I didn't like what I read in that article. And finally, it's your son's recruitment, not yours, you've lived that part of your life already. let your boy live his. Smdh

Couple of things:

1. Dad makes a good point about staff being in contact. I can only assume there was little contact because the kid was a full 2 years away. That should change now.

2. I find it interesting that he is saying the plan to reclassify was always in the cards. Doesn't seem like anyone else ever heard that.

3. This line certainly caught my attention: There are some programs in the forefront, though. Harris Sr. mentions Georgia, Clemson, LSU, Texas A&M and says “(Donell Jr.) likes the Gators.” WTH

4. He won't be an early enrollee so there's 7 months left. Guess we will see who emerges in front .... The line about Bama is interesting, too.. Almost a challenge to them..

Sheesh at holding your kids back a grade just so they can be older than the other kids in their class for football.

Do you know how many parents do this??? More than you think. It's done if they feel the kid isn't maturing at a rate that they feel they can handle the promotion. Many parents do this not for athletics but to get better results academically. Smfh

Y’all can call it bag chasing or whatever you want, maybe it’s true, but you can’t deny the facts this man stated.

He needs Miami to produce in regards to kids getting drafted, FACTS. Yes we’ve had good defenses and numbers lately but it hasn’t translated to high draft picks. Chad was a 5 star, late draft pick. Joe Jack was a promising freshman, didn’t develop any pass rushing moves and lost bend as he gained weight to play strong side.

Miami needs to win in order to recruit, FACTS. Can’t lose to a Willie Taggart team, us fans know this right?

The part about the coaching contacting him and not Harris Jr, I don’t have a stance on that, is it common for coaches to talk frequently through electronic communication? I figure that type of talk happened in person on campus, coaches can’t do that if parents do go on the visits.

Win and they come, plain and simple.

Advertisement
I don't have anything good to say about Harris Sr. That he or anyone else wants to hear. Just know this, it's **** sure not good, and I didn't like what I read in that article. And finally, it's your son's recruitment, not yours, you've lived that part of your life already. let your boy live his. Smdh

Of course you don't. It's not your kid and you don't give a good God **** about Donnel Jr. outside what he can do on a football field. You ******* holier than though people on here need to really check yourselves. These kids aren't commodities. They are human beings with real feelings. Kudos to this kids dad helping him through this process. Some of these kids don't have that.

I get it. I understand what Sr. is saying, we all do. He wants the Old Miami to come back and if it doesn't "Next". They also see/heard or have been told what backlash his son has received, No Bueno!

Y’all can call it bag chasing or whatever you want, maybe it’s true, but you can’t deny the facts this man stated.

He needs Miami to produce in regards to kids getting drafted, FACTS. Yes we’ve had good defenses and numbers lately but it hasn’t translated to high draft picks. Chad was a 5 star, late draft pick. Joe Jack was a promising freshman, didn’t develop any pass rushing moves and lost bend as he gained weight to play strong side.

Miami needs to win in order to recruit, FACTS. Can’t lose to a Willie Taggart team, us fans know this right?

The part about the coaching contacting him and not Harris Jr, I don’t have a stance on that, is it common for coaches to talk frequently through electronic communication? I figure that type of talk happened in person on campus, coaches can’t do that if parents do go on the visits.

Win and they come, plain and simple.
I agree with most of this but Chad was not a late draft pick, he was 3 picks away from being picked in the 2nd round

We’ve offered plenty of talented players but they’ve played us.
Give our staff elite recruits and you can get higher draft picks and better results.
The highest rated lineman we’ve had in a while was Willis. If he didn't have the issues he doesn’t fall past the 2nd round.
Yes we should’ve been winning more.
Yes we need everyone on the same page.
The timing of his sons decommitment and reclassifying on the days your visiting certain schools is a recipe for criticism.
The interview was basically politics 101. If he doesn’t end up here the father can point to a number of reasons why he didn’t pick us.
The staff didn’t communicate.
Not putting first rounders
Everyone not on the same page.
Not beating the Florida schools.
All legitimate issues that were there when he committed.
But it’s recruiting and stuff like this happens.
Hope he ends up here and we surpass all expectations.

Advertisement
This old hustler is just looking for an early retirement. He made it sound like we lose 1 game and we're out of the running for Donell. He is right about our d lineman not getting drafted high enough though, Manny gotta change that ASAP. At this point I wouldn't sweat him coming here or not.

And dad also indicated for Miami to get “back,” the program can’t offer recruits that are not up to snuff.

“It is what it is when it comes to the University of Miami and what we need to do - we need to just win and recruit University of Miami kids,” Donell Sr. said. “Not everybody deserves a University of Miami scholarship. I’m just being straight up.”

I feel That

True, but when the ones that are "up to snuff" keep going to Bama, Clemson, Georgia, etc., that leaves Miami having no choice but to recruit second-level kids. As for no Miami DL being drafted in the first or second round, the reality is we haven't had the type of player worthy of being drafted at that level. If Harris' family wants to see a DL drafted first round from Miami, then Harris should come to Miami and BE that guy.

Did Miami not go 7-6 last year and look at that, they have a 5 star committed already. Obviously we win and recruiting gets easier but some kids want to be here and don't go bag chasing.

Advertisement
We’ve offered plenty of talented players but they’ve played us.
Give our staff elite recruits and you can get higher draft picks and better results.
The highest rated lineman we’ve had in a while was Willis. If he didn't have the issues he doesn’t fall past the 2nd round.
Yes we should’ve been winning more.
Yes we need everyone on the same page.
The timing of his sons decommitment and reclassifying on the days your visiting certain schools is a recipe for criticism.
The interview was basically politics 101. If he doesn’t end up here the father can point to a number of reasons why he didn’t pick us.
The staff didn’t communicate.
Not putting first rounders
Everyone not on the same page.
Not beating the Florida schools.
All legitimate issues that were there when he committed.
But it’s recruiting and stuff like this happens.
Hope he ends up here and we surpass all expectations.

This in bold. ^
Yes. Exactly my thoughts.....

I agree with most of this but Chad was not a late draft pick, he was 3 picks away from being picked in the 2nd round

Ok, can understand that. But you know perception is reality. 3rd round is just that in the eyes of the people.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back