Don Chaney thoughts.....

shut it down 30 rock GIF

Advertisement
This. King, the vet, saw when he motioned Chaney out a LB followed him out there, man coverage, no safety help. Chaney took off like he was supposed to, but the "goal" of this route was to run off that corner and hit the wr (wiggins I believe) on a deep crosser running to that vacated area. That WR was WIDE open, but if Chaney catches, that, it may be a TD. Conversely, if a CB is out there, King never throws that ball to Chaney who does what he is supposed to by hauling *** down the field.

He is a TF coming from a ****-poor offensive school who missed spring with an injury and almost all of fall due to COVID. Dude is and will be fine.
This is 100% True.
So often the player is told to run the fade with an outside release knowing that you have the cross coming behind. We know we're primarily trying to get someone else open.
The best thing is that he learned that hard lesson during a game that we won. He'll look moving forward I guarantee it. Lashee is going to rip him in film for that

The Go Canes!! scorchometer has officially registered its first 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 hot take of the new season.

Congrats OP!!

Advertisement
I was and still am a huge Chaney fan. His potential is stupid high and the speed he showed on that 9 route was crazy for a guy his size.

but overall I was disappointed with his play. His vision looked awful and he's too impatient. He looked like a freshman on that 9 route too when he didn't look for the ball( it was a really good throw by king). He also whiffed on a block on the TD throw to Brevin.

I know it's only game 2 and Chaney can easily improve on his vision/patience through the season. Seems like he graded out as our worst player according to PFF.
Man do yourself a favor and STFU first, and than re-read what you posted, you already criticizing a True Freshman with that much talent in only his 2nd game, stop being a clown. That man had earned his way on the field already over burns, leave him alone, and again, STFU Sincerely!

And so it begins. Today OP is sneaking in his shot under the guise of "he graded out as our worst player". Next he'll complain Chaney is taking snaps from Knighton, who's "clearly the better player". Finally, he'll land on blaming Manny for "playing favorites". It's the same ******* playbook with all you ******* mopes. Shove your thread up your *** where it belongs. We see you.
That's a bit of a reach but yes very humorous.

Advertisement
If anything, we should be encouraged. So far, he's shown the opposite of what people were concerned about. He's run with good lean, fights for extra yards, and for the most part has fallen forward.

Side note: I thought he was a guy who could be 225 or so by the time he left here and compared his future size and gallop to someone like Shaun Alexander. He may be closer to that size next year.
Good point. I completely agree.

Man do yourself a favor and STFU first, and than re-read what you posted, you already criticizing a True Freshman with that much talent in only his 2nd game, stop being a clown. That man had earned his way on the field already over burns, leave him alone, and again, STFU Sincerely!
What OP said just came out all wrong but c'mon. He's not a hater he just posted something of the top of his head without truly thinking about how it would come across. It's really not worth the whole STFU treatment.

Advertisement
It was his first game against a Power 5 team. He'll be fine. Although he didn't see the ball on the aforementioned throw, I was impressed by how easily he ran by the DB. He can be a matchup nightmare.
It was a bad throw.

There was no safety help and King should have lead Chaney a little bit inside instead of throwing it to the outside shoulder. It also looked a little flat and needed more air under it so Don could locate the ball and run under it. It was probably the most difficult catch a receiver has to make, as it's essentially coming directly over your head and carrying you out of bounds.

Don has the highest ceiling at that position.

Last edited:
What OP said just came out all wrong but c'mon. He's not a hater he just posted something of the top of his head without truly thinking about how it would come across. It's really not worth the whole STFU treatment.
You remember when your teacher would tell the class every question is a good question..yeaaa in this situation every thought is not a good thought. Roll up and Keep those high thoughts 💭 in your heads guys..I for one have gotten much better at that

Advertisement
What OP said just came out all wrong but c'mon. He's not a hater he just posted something of the top of his head without truly thinking about how it would come across. It's really not worth the whole STFU treatment
It came out wrong cause it was wrong, and WTF is you, his public defender, GTFOH, if you don't see nothing wrong with what he said than you need to STFU TOO, with speed. I got an idea, instead of him criticizing Chaney, how bout he criticize that dumb *** post he put up. So let me get this straight, that **** gone criticize chaney and it's ok, but he post something dumb **** and gets criticized and somebody gone come to his defense, ***** that, if **** gets posted it better be real, nobody wants to hear you or his non-sense. But since you wanna be his public defender, how bout you translate for his sensitive *** what exactly it was that he was trying to say that somehow didn't come out right!

You on your period?

I was and still am a huge Chaney fan. His potential is stupid high and the speed he showed on that 9 route was crazy for a guy his size.

but overall I was disappointed with his play. His vision looked awful and he's too impatient. He looked like a freshman on that 9 route too when he didn't look for the ball( it was a really good throw by king). He also whiffed on a block on the TD throw to Brevin.

I know it's only game 2 and Chaney can easily improve on his vision/patience through the season. Seems like he graded out as our worst player according to PFF.
I wonder the plays to the players were different, if Chaney would have had that wide open 80 yard pass that was thrown 5-10 yards off the line, and if rooster would have been 30 yards down field with a defender all over him. I think they both look great! Excited about their futures

Advertisement
Back