Don Chaney thoughts.....

ajone228

Recruit
I was and still am a huge Chaney fan. His potential is stupid high and the speed he showed on that 9 route was crazy for a guy his size.

but overall I was disappointed with his play. His vision looked awful and he's too impatient. He looked like a freshman on that 9 route too when he didn't look for the ball( it was a really good throw by king). He also whiffed on a block on the TD throw to Brevin.

I know it's only game 2 and Chaney can easily improve on his vision/patience through the season. Seems like he graded out as our worst player according to PFF.

Advertisement
Advertisement
shark tank no GIF by The Paley Center for Media

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
None of the freshman rbs got off in the running game vs Louisville.
Chaney 7 carries 10 yards
Knighton 4 carries 9 yards 1td,

Only difference was the fact that Chaney broke off his route on that one play if not that likely would have been a touchdown as he was burning whoever was guarding him. Knighton had a wheel route uncovered and no one on the field was going to catch him either.

Regardless posts like this are utterly ridiculous

I was and still am a huge Chaney fan. His potential is stupid high and the speed he showed on that 9 route was crazy for a guy his size.

but overall I was disappointed with his play. His vision looked awful and he's too impatient. He looked like a freshman on that 9 route too when he didn't look for the ball( it was a really good throw by king). He also whiffed on a block on the TD throw to Brevin.

I know it's only game 2 and Chaney can easily improve on his vision/patience through the season. Seems like he graded out as our worst player according to PFF.
He made a mistake by not expecting the ball. The backside fade always gets told "Expect the ball" And it doesn't come 99 times out of 100. He didn't expect it, he'll learn.
He missed a block? They have players too. He is two games in... Two games where he probably got 10 plays in each. RELAX he will be fine.

Advertisement
Back