Don Chaney thoughts.....

I wish we would let these kids sit a year and learn. But that is up to the coaches to start recruiting and building this roster sop kids can learn the right way and not on the fly.

Advertisement
So you’re acknowledging that he’s a true freshman while saying you’re slight disappointed in how he performed in his second game ever at the collegiate level?

Think the finesse player thing was overblown, dude carried belen for a few years..
I saw him play several times. He was constantly pulling himself from games and running to the sidelines. He also did not go both ways or play meaningfully on special teams, which is common for Belen's best athletes.

The optimistic view was that he was saving himself for college. That seems to be the case. He has been running hard since he got to Greentree and is clearly feeling healthy competition from Rooster. I expect Chaney to correct the issues in the OP as long as he keeps the same hard-running attitude.

Advertisement
His second career game and you're disappointed in a true freshman? Good God, give him some time, man

I saw him play several times. He was constantly pulling himself from games and running to the sidelines. He also did not go both ways or play meaningfully on special teams, which is common for Belen's best athletes.

The optimistic view was that he was saving himself for college. That seems to be the case. He has been running hard since he got to Greentree and is clearly feeling healthy competition from Rooster. I expect Chaney to correct the issues in the OP as long as he keeps the same hard-running attitude.
Very few backs go both ways, Only can think of Dalvin as backup and Duke did some. Not Scarlett, not Lamar, Not Sony, not Collins, not yearby, etc. Alot of teams put wear on their backs and dont use them that way.. Just think its overblown to psychoanalyse 16-17 year old on smaller school type teams, everyone dont react same way..

Lamar used to do the same thing, pull himself out of games, their were question about his toughness coming out also if you remember. I remember being on sidelines when they played I think NMB and he was pulling himself out repeatedly and his corch came over and yelled at him.. I still didnt hold that against him, dude had I think surgery on both shoulders coming out of high school, lol..

Last edited:
oh my god omg GIF

he’ll get there OP. Chaney will not be a problem for this team. He’s too good, too mature and works hard.

Advertisement
College game 2 of a TF RB. Not worried. The Don and The Rooster are going to be a lethal combo in the next couple of years.

Your 2301 porst is probably the worst you’ve ever made.

He’s a true freshmen running back whose played 10 or less snaps vs P5 competition and you’re already concerned because 9 of them didn’t go for TDs?

Advertisement
I was and still am a huge Chaney fan. His potential is stupid high and the speed he showed on that 9 route was crazy for a guy his size.

but overall I was disappointed with his play. His vision looked awful and he's too impatient. He looked like a freshman on that 9 route too when he didn't look for the ball( it was a really good throw by king). He also whiffed on a block on the TD throw to Brevin.

I know it's only game 2 and Chaney can easily improve on his vision/patience through the season. Seems like he graded out as our worst player according to PFF.
It's never a Canes win without a *****ing about a freshman looking like a freshman post.

Interesting about him in HS - I did not know that. You wouldn't know it if you watch him play - he plays tough. He showed some real burst on a couple short runs.

Advertisement
You're disappointed in a true freshmen in his second game on the road against a top 20 opponent? That he “looked like a freshman”?

You're “still a fan”? How noble.

That didn’t have a real off season to fully workout because of shoulder surgery. We have some straight up idiots on this board. It’s amazing he’s splitting carries as the number two after non offseason.

This thread will age worse than the three tards bashing cam.

I don’t think OP is trying to be a jerk and that matters.

If I lock a thread like this nobody learns anything. If it stays open then hopefully people realize how detached from reality they can become, even about players they like.

Agreed. Group shaming can be a powerful learning tool.

Think my comments were taken out of context by a few of you guys responses. I’ll take the heat and say I did a poor job communicating my point and let you keyboard thugs feel tough.

I expect Chaney to improve. Plays I noted just stood out to me.

Please Trust, I’m enjoying this win.

Advertisement
Back