Don Chaney thoughts.....

And so it begins. Today OP is sneaking in his shot under the guise of "he graded out as our worst player". Next he'll complain Chaney is taking snaps from Knighton, who's "clearly the better player". Finally, he'll land on blaming Manny for "playing favorites". It's the same ******* playbook with all you ******* mopes. Shove your thread up your *** where it belongs. We see you.

Advertisement
If anything, we should be encouraged. So far, he's shown the opposite of what people were concerned about. He's run with good lean, fights for extra yards, and for the most part has fallen forward.

Side note: I thought he was a guy who could be 225 or so by the time he left here and compared his future size and gallop to someone like Shaun Alexander. He may be closer to that size next year.

Advertisement
OP...

maxresdefault.jpg

He made a mistake by not expecting the ball. The backside fade always gets told "Expect the ball" And it doesn't come 99 times out of 100. He didn't expect it, he'll learn.
He missed a block? They have players too. He is two games in... Two games where he probably got 10 plays in each. RELAX he will be fine.

This. King, the vet, saw when he motioned Chaney out a LB followed him out there, man coverage, no safety help. Chaney took off like he was supposed to, but the "goal" of this route was to run off that corner and hit the wr (wiggins I believe) on a deep crosser running to that vacated area. That WR was WIDE open, but if Chaney catches, that, it may be a TD. Conversely, if a CB is out there, King never throws that ball to Chaney who does what he is supposed to by hauling *** down the field.

He is a TF coming from a ****-poor offensive school who missed spring with an injury and almost all of fall due to COVID. Dude is and will be fine.

I was and still am a huge Chaney fan. His potential is stupid high and the speed he showed on that 9 route was crazy for a guy his size.

but overall I was disappointed with his play. His vision looked awful and he's too impatient. He looked like a freshman on that 9 route too when he didn't look for the ball( it was a really good throw by king). He also whiffed on a block on the TD throw to Brevin.

I know it's only game 2 and Chaney can easily improve on his vision/patience through the season. Seems like he graded out as our worst player according to PFF.
Is your knee okay? That quick of a jerk is dangerous on the ligaments down there.

Advertisement
Those are normal adjustments for someone from the Wing-T.

As @LuCane mentioned, I and others were more worried about his toughness and balance after being more of a finesse player at Belen. He seems to have both grown physically and stepped up his toughness against college-level competition.

I agree. Sportscenter highlights were littered with freshman running backs going off over the weekend Happens all the time why not here?

I don't get it as we are pretty dang lucky to have these guys and you question a guy who was playing in high school not all that long ago. Our RB's are bad ***.

Those are normal adjustments for someone from the Wing-T.

As @LuCane mentioned, I and others were more worried about his toughness and balance after being more of a finesse player at Belen. He seems to have both grown physically and stepped up his toughness against college-level competition.
Think the finesse player thing was overblown, dude carried belen for a few years..

Advertisement
I was and still am a huge Chaney fan. His potential is stupid high and the speed he showed on that 9 route was crazy for a guy his size.

but overall I was disappointed with his play. His vision looked awful and he's too impatient. He looked like a freshman on that 9 route too when he didn't look for the ball( it was a really good throw by king). He also whiffed on a block on the TD throw to Brevin.

I know it's only game 2 and Chaney can easily improve on his vision/patience through the season. Seems like he graded out as our worst player according to PFF.
He will be fine. His worst play was the bomb king put on the money and he acted like he was in a 40 yard dash and forgot he was playing football.

Thread after thread of pure idiocy - your moderating patience is quite impressive
I don’t think OP is trying to be a jerk and that matters.

If I lock a thread like this nobody learns anything. If it stays open then hopefully people realize how detached from reality they can become, even about players they like.

Advertisement

I think Chaney did fine. We generated zero push on those inside runs. Chaney has great burst and if he can bounce it outside, he's off. Personally, I'd love to see him on KORs along with Rooster.

Advertisement
Back