Don Chaney thoughts.....

Advertisement
I saw him play several times. He was constantly pulling himself from games and running to the sidelines. He also did not go both ways or play meaningfully on special teams, which is common for Belen's best athletes.

The optimistic view was that he was saving himself for college. That seems to be the case. He has been running hard since he got to Greentree and is clearly feeling healthy competition from Rooster. I expect Chaney to correct the issues in the OP as long as he keeps the same hard-running attitude.
Agree. He's likely gonna be more than fine! I think the slow torture of the years-long Lingard experience still lingers with some..

Advertisement
So you’re acknowledging that he’s a true freshman while saying you’re slight disappointed in how he performed in his second game ever at the collegiate level?
My issue was seeing mistakes readily throughout the game which was disappointing. I get the kid is young, just noticed some areas of improvement which i think he'll eventually get.

Advertisement
I was and still am a huge Chaney fan. His potential is stupid high and the speed he showed on that 9 route was crazy for a guy his size.

but overall I was disappointed with his play. His vision looked awful and he's too impatient. He looked like a freshman on that 9 route too when he didn't look for the ball( it was a really good throw by king). He also whiffed on a block on the TD throw to Brevin.

I know it's only game 2 and Chaney can easily improve on his vision/patience through the season. Seems like he graded out as our worst player according to PFF.

94C226B8-A192-4EAF-9F75-5C71FFF1AA46.gif

Advertisement
My issue was seeing mistakes readily throughout the game which was disappointing. I get the kid is young, just noticed some areas of improvement which i think he'll eventually get.
I understand you. His learning curve was a little steeper than roosters. I think mid season you’ll really see him shine.

I understand you. His learning curve was a little steeper than roosters. I think mid season you’ll really see him shine.
Yea, kid is smart and I expect him to improve. And great point, I didn't think about the learning curve in comparison to Rooster.

Advertisement
I was and still am a huge Chaney fan. His potential is stupid high and the speed he showed on that 9 route was crazy for a guy his size.

but overall I was disappointed with his play. His vision looked awful and he's too impatient. He looked like a freshman on that 9 route too when he didn't look for the ball( it was a really good throw by king). He also whiffed on a block on the TD throw to Brevin.

I know it's only game 2 and Chaney can easily improve on his vision/patience through the season. Seems like he graded out as our worst player according to PFF.
Go back and watch the tape. His OL failed him in the runs he had. The DL was basically in the backfield when he touched the ball. Give him the same run Cam had for the TD and you will see what real speed is. He absolutely blew by that DB who was covering him on that play.

idk man, I like'em and think he's really good.

I'm not sure why you'd compare Chaney and Knighton though. While they are both running backs, they do different things in this offense.

Chaney is basically Harris' backup and Knighton is a toy to play with on offense and both have produced.

I’m just glad we get to see both freshman play often. Chaney is a big *** dude who is flat out fast. We hardly saw Cam or Lingard as true freshmen whereas Lashlee is intentionally getting all 3 to eat. As soon as Rooster scored it was Chaney getting the reps. I bet Payton would have been involved had he traveled.

Advertisement
Back