Don Chaney = Frank Gore

Advertisement
In my Avatar...Me..Portis, Mcgahee, and several other players just left the KFC near campus after eating lunch...Clint & Mcgahee were kickin it....there was no disrespect...but this was late Jan 2002...so it was a Mcgahee vs Gore type situation by then.

Edge was faster than I thought - he went 4.38 at the combine, I think.

I always thought he was more of a 4.5 guy.

He still went for over 10,000 which is really good.

We've had 3 over 10,000 (him, Gore and Ottis Anderson), but Portis was just about there - retiring with around 9,900.

Imagine him with Mcgahees speed. OMG If Edge doesn't get hurt in the NFL he would have probably been up there with GORE in yards I think.

Advertisement
Just watched the footage from the Army game and his running style, the forward lean, the cuts, etc, totally look like Frank Gore. I knew he was good based on whatever one was saying, but dang, that kid, if he stays healthy, is gonna be a problem for people.
Oline

The RB that really got robbed with the knee injury was Melvin Bratton who ruined it vs Oklahoma back in the 80s - for the championship, I think.

Was a big-time player for us.

And the medical procedures back then, of course, weren't quite as good as they are now.

He was in the first 30 for 30 about Miami, etc.

Came in the same class as Alonzo.

Unfortunately, that injury cost him some serious cabbage.

Stephen McGuire was pretty good too, but those knee injuries man...

Advertisement
lol, how about a NFL hall of Famer with two knees blown, please, not even boobie miles sniffs gore

If you are talking pure talent coming out of high school, then I am not going to agree. But then you are talking about a guy who ruined his life. Gore on the otherhand overcame his learning disability, worked hard to qualify and then worked even harder when he got to Miami.

Is there a fanbase that sets themselves up for disappointment like the Canes?

TVD is Deshaun Watson
Chaney is Gore
Redding is WR1 from day 1
Rivers day 1 starter
TAC day 1 starter

Lingard is the next McFadden. ***** guys!
Pope is next Reggie Wayne. Every Cane recruit is next Wayne tbh
Mallory is unstoppable Shockey 2.0
OL is loaded with 4 stars guysm
Nesta is a Sapp clone
Sam Brooks should be 5* beast/baller/dog/insert Duasso adjective
Ivey and Frierson are ballhawks and look at their biceps in camp!!!
We have a punter now surely ST are solved

Missing anything?
straight up our 2018 class is disappointing af

Advertisement
straight up our 2018 class is disappointing af
False, a few quitters who have left the program but majority of the class are regular contributors and a 3 star turned out to be a top 3 dend in the country this year production and impact wise. Some in that class “Jarren Williams” need to get their head out their *** and mature quickly or it will be over for him at a big stage level. They are still young too at the end of the day. With that being said, we should see another jump in progression this season though if all goes well

Advertisement
Back