Don Chaney = Frank Gore

Advertisement
No one, and I mean no one I've ever seen could accelerate faster than Gore pre-ACLs. For those of us that remember him at CG High and his freshman season at UM, he was never the same after even the first ACL. And he STILL went on to be a HOF back, who until last weekend was still in the league. Amazing, but he actually could have been even more.

Chaney looks good but it's not a fair comparison. Not even close.
Then Thank God you missed seeing Miles acceleration....

That forward lean takes massive upper body strength, to coincide with lower body leverage and power. To be his size and survive the pounding of D1 ball, he’s going to need more size up top. I agree he’ll get playing time, but starting would imply 150/200 carries. I truly hope we don’t kill him before he’s ready for that kind of beating. Just my opinion.

Cam & DJ had 230 combined carries in our slow offense and DJ got hurt.

We should bring him along similar to how Clemson developed Travis E. If you go back and watch him early in his CFB career, he wasn't very developed up top (still isn't), wasn't really comfortable with sticking it inside, but he had great speed and could score at any time. Swinney would get on him on game day for missing inside runs - and even to this day talks about how his upper body still hasn't developed.

If we don't ***** this up - Chaney & Rooster can be a special duo for us.

Advertisement
No one, and I mean no one I've ever seen could accelerate faster than Gore pre-ACLs. For those of us that remember him at CG High and his freshman season at UM, he was never the same after even the first ACL. And he STILL went on to be a HOF back, who until last weekend was still in the league. Amazing, but he actually could have been even more.

Chaney looks good but it's not a fair comparison. Not even close.

Nothing like pre acl’s gore , unreal

Advertisement
Looking forward to seeing what Chaney and Knighton can do.

Gore is the most natural RB Miami has had - held back in college by the knee issues.

Still one of the very best ever with 2 pieces of mincemeat for knees.

lol, how about a NFL hall of Famer with two knees blown, please, not even boobie miles sniffs gore
Welp The late Joe Brodsky who coached RBs at UM...and with the Dallaa Cowboys (when Emmitt was there) said Freddie is the Best RB (Regardless of age) he ever saw....Don Soldinger (who had an AA RB at Southridge Tony Smith) and beat Freddies team for a State Championship) has always maintained that Freddie is the best he ever saw...till this very day....Freddie was the #1 Ranked RB in America in 79....sure recruiting was different back then...but when your *** is ranked ahead of Bo Jackson...Marcus Dupree...and Hershall Walker in HS....Thats all thats needed to be said....And Btw...we are talking HS FB....Not the NFL...

Gore is the most natural RB Miami has had - held back in college by the knee issues.

Both injuries were to same knee

Advertisement

To me Edge was the most natural RB we've ever had but he didn't have the speed. That man was so smooth and ran so smart.

IMG_20191023_213733.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back