Don Chaney = Frank Gore

Advertisement
When McGahee transferred to Central from Springs, I recall he got hurt briefly and there was a dude ahead of him for a while. I believe his name was Frank London (not as sure of the first name but almost positive on London). Can any Central fans or HS followers of that era confirm?

Advertisement
Lorenzo was also supposed to be Eric ****erson. Let’s chill out guys
I’m not saying I agree but It’s not that hard to comprehend. Nobody is saying Chaney will be as good as Gore. All they are saying is the running styles are similar. Just like people were saying with Lo and ****erson. Upright running style, lots of speed and power, little wiggle. Players can look like other players without having the same amount of talent

Larry Coker said pre injury Gore was the best rb he’d ever seen or coached, he coached Thurman and Barry so there’s that.

Just watched the footage from the Army game and his running style, the forward lean, the cuts, etc, totally look like Frank Gore. I knew he was good based on whatever one was saying, but dang, that kid, if he stays healthy, is gonna be a problem for people.
I agree he’s going to be or should be good barring injury but can we hold off on the Frank Gore talk?

Advertisement
Is there a fanbase that sets themselves up for disappointment like the Canes?

TVD is Deshaun Watson
Chaney is Gore
Redding is WR1 from day 1
Rivers day 1 starter
TAC day 1 starter

Lingard is the next McFadden. ***** guys!
Pope is next Reggie Wayne. Every Cane recruit is next Wayne tbh
Mallory is unstoppable Shockey 2.0
OL is loaded with 4 stars guysm
Nesta is a Sapp clone
Sam Brooks should be 5* beast/baller/dog/insert Duasso adjective
Ivey and Frierson are ballhawks and look at their biceps in camp!!!
We have a punter now surely ST are solved

Missing anything?

Advertisement
I’m not saying I agree but It’s not that hard to comprehend. Nobody is saying Chaney will be as good as Gore. All they are saying is the running styles are similar. Just like people were saying with Lo and ****erson. Upright running style, lots of speed and power, little wiggle. Players can look like other players without having the same amount of talent
Crazy how people don’t understand that. Hate nostalgic *** Mfs lol and canes fans are some of the worst of those. Literally NO one is saying this kid is gore some people are just noting a similarity in running styles and the way he cuts at times in his film that reminds some of us of Frank gore

Advertisement
Portis got the **** out of dodge for a reason. Everyone knew Gore was coming and fast.
@Cribby ...in the summer of 2001 I was hanging out at Hecht talking to Phillip Buchanon sitting on the Old circular stucco planters that were in front of the Tom Kearns HOF Bldg....and I was talking about how impressed I was with Portis, and he said...Maannnnn...this Mcgahee kid will be all that and better......sure enough...

No one, and I mean no one I've ever seen could accelerate faster than Gore pre-ACLs. For those of us that remember him at CG High and his freshman season at UM, he was never the same after even the first ACL. And he STILL went on to be a HOF back, who until last weekend was still in the league. Amazing, but he actually could have been even more.

Chaney looks good but it's not a fair comparison. Not even close.
Sorry to rant. But my opening statement is based off of a talk I just had with someone I don't even know. The laundromat had a tv with espn. The person was one of the most ignorant degenerates I'll meet this forthcoming week / hopefully.

Sadly most of the youth playing professional sports are not the same type of natural athlete. That is what all those pain killer aka opioids, along with playing a contact sport can do to a person in general. Plus I guess for a odd reason no sports league allows for anyone to use HGH to help them; Even though all these tv networks love to promote daily fantasy football where you can potentially make a profit. But the big leagues symbol uses the u/s/a coloring on a symbol of a shield that a knight in shining armor used, in the era of kings and queens & castles and peasants. But the reported contract cash can be voided even if its supposed to be guaranteed like the "Raiders" did to Antonio Brown. Cbs [247 the website], college, nfl; They all should pay every one of these student-athletes given the fact that at each level. Their is at least one major big business that offers a ability to pay money through a subscription - and/or criticize all of them if they have the wherewithal to take their hobby or potential employment to a new promotion in life. No one remembers the all time great gentlemen and women. And what some of these people have overcome because of just - one hundred percent unfair circumstances.

Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson / Jim Brown, Jerry Rice (he said himself his 40 yard dash time was slow for the 2020 nfl combine). Lawrence Taylor to Reggie White. Michael Jordan athletic ability was based off just cardio and going through puberty if I were to assume. Until he stared lifting weights since the Detroit Pistons liked to throw elbows at him and throw him to the floor. In my opinion for the running back position. Willis McGahee was the last player post y2k that had a chance to challenge for the best overall player in the history of the game etc

He was in college by reports from his own team and the media included. Weighed around 20 pounds heavier than Adrian Peterson but still ran a 40 yard dash time of 4.28 compared to 4.38 that A/D ran at the combine; Both were electronic the device they used. Just look at the resume Willis put up after his knee was bent backwards because Will Allen of osu wasn't man enough to try to tackle him like a man - to be honest. McGahee would have been the first pick that draft or the argument was he'd be no latest the second overall. Also Clinton Portis stated to the media that on the Redskins he kept the tradition of taking shots of henny before the actual game started and at halftime. He also made it on the record type clear. He started and kept it going with those he shared a locker room with in college. Also those Miami teams started the conversation of if they played the worst team in the pro's who would win for a few years in a row.

Advertisement
Back