Don Chaney = Frank Gore

And when he don't live up to the hype, he's a bust. Gotta let these kids earn it.

If he doesn’t live up to the hype, people will call him a bust regardless. His high ranking and our fans lack of patience will make sure of that. This thread will be long forgotten.

It’s the offseason and this is a message board. Gotta talk about something. I’m just glad it’s not another Zo thread.

Advertisement
Frank Gore is the comparison I have for his running style. The way Chaney leans forward while cutting through traffic Gore is the only RB that runs like that. Which is why I have him starting as a true freshman.
Looks like Mcgahee alot more...

Advertisement
the first few carries Gore got as a freshman before he got hurt were so eye-opening here: guy looked like he was shot from a gun explosive.

I'm not sure if it's Gore for Chaney, trying to put my finger on who he compares to, but he does look like he has potential to be awesome.

the first few carries Gore got as a freshman before he got hurt were so eye-opening here: guy looked like he was shot from a gun explosive.

I'm not sure if it's Gore for Chaney, trying to put my finger on who he compares to, but he does look like he has potential to be awesome.
Mcgahee...Knighton reminds me of Portis...
Chaney is Mcgahee size....not Gores...

Seeing him live, and then watching some film I’d say that’s a fair comparable. However, another rb that I saw very similar traits to is Emmitt Smith.

Advertisement
Holy fck so a fan has never been allowed to try and project a player to a past player and where they might land. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh thats never fcking happened before.

Fans have been known to be idiots and funny story you landed in that category too.

Seeing him live, and then watching some film I’d say that’s a fair comparable. However, another rb that I saw very similar traits to is Emmitt Smith.
Chaney in HS is a better RB than Emmitt...Hopefully Chaney has the Luxury of running behind a Top 3 OL of All time when he hits the NFL...

Advertisement
Advertisement
No one, and I mean no one I've ever seen could accelerate faster than Gore pre-ACLs. For those of us that remember him at CG High and his freshman season at UM, he was never the same after even the first ACL. And he STILL went on to be a HOF back, who until last weekend was still in the league. Amazing, but he actually could have been even more.

Chaney looks good but it's not a fair comparison. Not even close.
Yep it wasn’t for those injuries he would have been mentioned as one of the GOATs at RB, especially with his work ethic.

Advertisement
Back