Don’t look now

Advertisement
We're actually 3rd in the Coastal, but yes the momentum of winning the series especially in the dramatic late inning comeback is tremendous.
By .002 win percentage, but you are right. I think we understood his point. Pitt has played two less games, 16-14 to our 17-15, virtual dead heat for 2nd.

Ok buddy, if you say so. This is the worst pitching Hurricane team I have ever seen, and I've followed the team for decades. Add to that the veteran bats we thought might carry us actually regressed and overall this team was a huge disappointment.

But thanks for your input.....strong 5th post, no agenda with you at all in here, right????

Advertisement
I also think weekends like the FSU weekend can not happen. There is "up and down" play but we have gotten simply "worked" several ACC series

FSU we went 0-3, outscored 34-2

VT we went 1-2, outscored 20-13

Pitt we went 0-3, outscored 30-15

BC we went 1-2, outscored 25-8

OVERALL - 2 wins, 10 losses, gave up 109 runs, scored 38

Those are some bad series results, how you lose matters to me as well, were you in the game/series?

If TCU loses 2 of 3 to say Texas but the scores are 5-3 and 4-2 losses and win one 6-4 let's say, those are actual games.
And those are very good points and why we curse this team. Terrible weekends.

And those are very good points and why we curse this team. Terrible weekends.
UNACCEPTABLE for a program that has high level caliber HS players all over within 100 mile radius. We have go to be better than that, there's no excuse not to be.

Advertisement
I’ve never seem a talented team that gets jumped for big innings like us
Yeah, a few games our starters were blown up and the game was over in less than 2 innings. Ans these were not powerhouse offenses. I think there is one ACC in the Top 50 in runs per game (NC ST). We have found a pen with some real arms, and maybe something in Smit and AMac (maybe). But as starting pitching goes we are weak.

Last edited:
I wonder if there was a team meeting (con or sin coaches) after Friday night's debacle? I almost hope so, because they (coaches and players) needed a boot up their a** for the lack of intensity and execution for much of the year. If so, it worked as they looked like a top 20 team on Saturday and Sunday.

There is just too much talent for this team to not be a lot better than they've shown so far in 2021. Remember how we were all drooling over the number of guys who had a low - mid 90's FB? Let's hope the last two games are the catalyst they needed and we are competitive the rest of the way.

I doubt we win a regional, but it would be nice to get there and then to the final two and play a good game or two, advance or not.

I wonder if there was a team meeting (con or sin coaches) after Friday night's debacle? I almost hope so, because they (coaches and players) needed a boot up their a** for the lack of intensity and execution for much of the year. If so, it worked as they looked like a top 20 team on Saturday and Sunday.

There is just too much talent for this team to not be a lot better than they've shown so far in 2021. Remember how we were all drooling over the number of guys who had a low - mid 90's FB? Let's hope the last two games are the catalyst they needed and we are competitive the rest of the way.

I doubt we win a regional, but it would be nice to get there and then to the final two and play a good game or two, advance or not.

I think the intensity part is I think guys like Gil or toral wanted to bounce and were a bit bitter. I think Gino did the obvious letting fed lead the rotation at first. He’s made plenty of changes but he can’t play for them

Advertisement
I think the intensity part is I think guys like Gil or toral wanted to bounce and were a bit bitter. I think Gino did the obvious letting fed lead the rotation at first. He’s made plenty of changes but he can’t play for them
If your first sentence is true, pretty stupid on their part. Everyone has dealt w adversity and uncertainty, especially during COVID. It's how you respond to it that defines you.

Advertisement
Back