Don’t look now

Miami04

Senior
And the end of the day let’s just make the tournament and hope for the best.

BUT we are now in 2nd in the coastal 1 game in the loss column out of first.

We would most likely need to sweep UL to win the division but 3 weeks ago I wouldn’t have given us a shot. Good thing for us all the other teams in our division are just as inconsistent.

Advertisement
Pitt's right there.
They have Wake next weekend.

With the series win this weekend we're good.
Get a minimum of 1 next weekend and we're probably a 3.

We would most likely need to sweep UL to win the division but 3 weeks ago I wouldn’t have given us a shot. Good thing for us all the other teams in our division are just as inconsistent.
I thought you gave up?

I thought you gave up?
I didn’t give up. I’m boycotting watching the games. Just need a break. I’m still checking scores and keeping up with what’s happening.

I plan on watching and maybe attending the ACC tournament but I’m not watching anymore through the regular season.

Advertisement
This season has been the strangest Ive ever seen....

inexplicable losses and sweeps... just weird
Getting swept 3 times is what will give us a rough seed in the ACCT. we don’t have the pitching to win 5 games. Being a 1 or 2 was our only shot.

We still have a 2 seed in sight. The maximum games you play in acc tourney is 4. We’re 1.5 games back in coastal.
Getting swept 3 times is what will give us a rough seed in the ACCT. we don’t have the pitching to win 5 games. Being a 1 or 2 was our only shot.

Advertisement

We're actually 3rd in the Coastal, but yes the momentum of winning the series especially in the dramatic late inning comeback is tremendous.

Louisville seems to be going in the wrong direction after being swept for the 2nd time in their last 3 ACC series.

They play much better at home, but I think them not hosting and probably dropping out of the top 25 is messing with their head. I never thought Louisville was a top 10 team as they had some bad non conference losses that most pollsters just ignored most of the season.

A great opportunity to get a series win, but we need a better outing from our Friday (now Thursday) starter and the bats must wake up early.

Last edited:
As crazy up and down as this season has been and the team looking unimpressive at times, if the team had just won 3 more ACC games, they would have been hosting and likely a top 10 team.

Think about this, a 2-1 series win over VT, a 2-1 series win over BC, and winning just 1 game at Pittsburgh where the team got swept would have put Miami at 20-12 for 2nd place in the ACC and 1st place in the Coastal. The team would have been 31-13 overall hosting a regional and looking to be a top 8 national seed with a series win over Louisville. As bad as it has been, that's how close this team was. Just crazy!!!!

Advertisement
I didn’t give up. I’m boycotting watching the games. Just need a break. I’m still checking scores and keeping up with what’s happening.

I plan on watching and maybe attending the ACC tournament but I’m not watching anymore through the regular season.

I get that approach.

I had high hopes after Miami took the series from Florida and was at the opposite end after Florida State beat the tar out of them.

Started to get back on board during the Virginia series win—buying fool's gold with the FIU route and Duke sweep—only to see them no-show at Pittsburgh, getting swept (that 12-5 loss on Sunday, particularly brutal.)

Thought a corner was turned with the sweep of Clemson—only to drop the next two series to North Caroling and Boston College.

Nice series win over GT—but realistically need to take a road series at Louisville for this team to get it's psyche right going into the ACC Tourney and post-season.

The fragility and inconsistency of this team is beyond maddening.

For a team #119 in the nation in BA and #96 in ERA we are probably fortunate to have the record we have. I don't think 3 more wins gets this team to a host, we had some UGLY losses/series.

Advertisement
If we lose this series to Louisville we are in danger of falling to 7/8/9 range which actually wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. The 12/8/1 pool could be our best shot. Beating Duke and ND is the easiest path.

We have the most wins in the ACC. Taking care of business mid-week has earned us that designation. Let's complete the midweek sweep tomorrow.

Advertisement
Back