Don’t look now

Got to love the timing of old boy coming back on cis 🤣 death, taxes, and buddy coming back on this site to pump sunshine before the season and after a “big win”
I’m not even mad at him. Every site needs some sunshine pumpers, but we’ve kept this board so clean for so long, we don’t have time for that. This is the real treasure of CIS

Advertisement
Advertisement
Exactly, the ACC is down and we can't take advantage, we have been obliterated by soso ACC teams. Sounds like we are on the same page. We wasted a season with wish wash hitting and SPing
There's still an opportunity to win the division but yes, it does feel like we have underachieved up to now. All we needed was for one or two of these new SPs to be average.

There's still an opportunity to win the division but yes, it does feel like we have underachieved up to now. All we needed was for one or two of these new SPs to be average.
Could not agree more, or some of the veteran bats produce more than they did

And if you try to save him you can go home without your best arm by far never pitching with a lead. With this staff let's say we get to a must win game and have thrown Smith and AMac and the next game is win or season over I'm putting my best out there for as long as he can go. I'm not going home with bullets in my pocket. Now Gino would never do it, but I **** sure would.

Imagine he never gets to throw in let's say a Smith win and then and AMac loss and in the "win or go home" game you start a Garland and it's 7-0 before you know it. What good was Palm? You went home and the best you had never pitched a meaningful inning.
I get what youre saying but are you confident we can hold on for 4 innings up by no more than 3 without him?

Advertisement
Could not agree more, or some of the veteran bats produce more than they did
Gil and Jenkins have shown recent signs of life. Toral is streaky and is due to snap out of a 2-3 week funk. He did collect a couple RBI this past weekend. Lala and Rivera have not improved, and Del hasn't been dominant. Vilar has been ok. Without Delly we're a .500 club. But we're headed into the final week with a shot despite hitting what felt like rock bottom a handful of times. Maybe they unleash our boy Andrew Walters as a SP up in Louisville.

Gil and Jenkins have shown recent signs of life. Toral is streaky and is due to snap out of a 2-3 week funk. He did collect a couple RBI this past weekend. Lala and Rivera have not improved, and Del hasn't been dominant. Vilar has been ok. Without Delly we're a .500 club. But we're headed into the final week with a shot despite hitting what felt like rock bottom a handful of times. Maybe they unleash our boy Andrew Walters as a SP up in Louisville.
You know my thoughts in Walter's, outside of Palm and Smith he is my next best arm. Now he has a small sample size to be fair

Last edited:
Walters has pitched 20 fewer innings than Mederos and they have registered the same number of Ks.

Advertisement
Walters has pitched 20 fewer innings than Mederos and they have registered the same number of Ks.
I'm telling you ROK!!!!!! ... IF we got to a win or go home and Smith and AMac had been used up I'm throwing Palm til his arm falls off and the working in the likes of Walters and Bodanza when it does if he can't throw with the other arm.

Now I would like to see Palm get an ACCT/UL start just to see what he does but if I'm the skipper and we are at a Top 16 seeds region in a win or go home I'm doing it.

I'm not a big fan of the "well if the starter with an ERA of 5 gets in trouble then bring him" theory because by them it could be ballgame, even if he does shut them down from that point on.

I'm telling you ROK!!!!!! ... IF we got to a win or go home and Smith and AMac had been used up I'm throwing Palm til his arm falls off and the working in the likes of Walters and Bodanza when it does if he can't throw with the other arm.

Now I would like to see Palm get an ACCT/UL start just to see what he does but if I'm the skipper and we are at a Top 16 seeds region in a win or go home I'm doing it.

I'm not a big fan of the "well if the starter with an ERA of 5 gets in trouble then bring him" theory because by them it could be ballgame, even if he does shut them down from that point on.
I don't disagree. We've exhausted the options and haven't found one capable starter. It's a beautiful thing to have Palmquist late in a close game, but we don't play in enough close games.

T - Palmquist
F - Smith
S - Walters

Federman and Wanger are a million years old and have closed games on this level.
Bodanza has been lights out. It's time imo.

I don't disagree. We've exhausted the options and haven't found one capable starter. It's a beautiful thing to have Palmquist late in a close game, but we don't play in enough close games.

T - Palmquist
F - Smith
S - Walters

Federman and Wanger are a million years old and have closed games on this level.
That would be awesome, now it never happens but I would be on board.

Advertisement
That would be awesome, now it never happens but I would be on board.
Palm has faced 10+ batters 3 times, and threw 50+ pitches twice. If he can get through 5 IP without allowing 8 runs like the other slapdicks not named Jake Smith, then we should have enough faith in the bullpen to bring it home. Make the move Gino! We get demoralized once a week because our starter implodes. If Palm has a bad outing and gets pulled early then he could pitch again quickly in relief in a tournament setting. We have nothing to lose.

You have more faith in this offense than me.
I have very little faith, that is why I said what I said.

BUT given the choice of having to "hold" with a 3 run lead or have to "score" down 3, give me the first option every single time. Teams that have to score are under far more pressure in their abs.

I have very little faith, that is why I said what I said.

BUT given the choice of having to "hold" with a 3 run lead or have to "score" down 3, give me the first option every single time. Teams that have to score are under far more pressure in their abs.
I hear you

Advertisement
Back