Don’t look now

Either way your brand new profile, white knighting for an average team isn’t a good look. We prefer to keep this board clean.
It's not my fault that you're constantly wrong and seem to have no grasp of what's actually happening.

Imagine thinking that a team that's 20ish in every metric (RPI, ISR, ELO) is average.

Advertisement
We're 6th in BA and 4th in ERA in the #3 RPI conference.

Using NCAA stats for an almost all-conference season is nonsense.

You're clueless.
The Miami Hurricanes are bragging about being 6th and 4th in the worst ACC season talent wise in recent history?????

A season that has Pitt and ND as the top teams and only possible hosts

No agenda huh?

Oh Nicky, stop it man, you been outed

We have the most wins in the ACC. Taking care of business mid-week has earned us that designation. Let's complete the midweek sweep tomorrow.
I agree with everyone that this has been an up and down season. However, those mid-week games weren't always cup cakes. We played a tough OOC schedule I think.

We aren't sneaking in anywhere. They deserve at least a 2 seed what is Florida like 35-16? Didn't FAU beat FL and we swept FAU?

Tired of this SEC crap TBH just like everybody else. What is to say they are the best conference where they occupy 5 of the top 10 spots? Why should Charlotte, Southern Miss, Louisiana Whatever, and Charlotte be ranked in front of us when let's be clear the ACC is a good baseball conference.

We are as deserving as any team outside the top 10. That includes Florida. It is a crap shoot.

With all that said, yeah we don't have consistent hitting or pitching. Dumb base running at times. But any given Sunday...Oh wait wrong sport.

I agree with everyone that this has been an up and down season. However, those mid-week games weren't always cup cakes. We played a tough OOC schedule I think.

We aren't sneaking in anywhere. They deserve at least a 2 seed what is Florida like 35-16? Didn't FAU beat FL and we swept FAU?

Tired of this SEC crap TBH just like everybody else. What is to say they are the best conference where they occupy 5 of the top 10 spots? Why should Charlotte, Southern Miss, Louisiana Whatever, and Charlotte be ranked in front of us when let's be clear the ACC is a good baseball conference.

We are as deserving as any team outside the top 10. That includes Florida. It is a crap shoot.

With all that said, yeah we don't have consistent hitting or pitching. Dumb base running at times. But any given Sunday...Oh wait wrong sport.
Unfortunately the SEC does appear to be the dominant conference. This and odd ACC season and I think it's a good conference but it is behind the SEC/Big12. I really don't see a single ACC tam I would take in Omaha and can name a handful I would give a **** from the SEC/B12.

If there was a ever a year for us to dominate the ACC this could have been hit but like we have all saw/discussed our veteran plate guys seemed to regress and we could never find an effective weekend rotation.

Let's see if we can get hot. Right now I think I would have to consider starting Palm in the postseason and then Smith and the maybe AMAC/staff game. Gino will not do that of course.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So I'm right and you're upset.

Good.

You seem to have forgotten about the greatest pandemic in a century and how it has impacted the team's form and schedule.
As the pitcher is reading signs I don't believe he is thinking about masking up

When the pitch is coming I don't think the batter is questioning whether he is 6' from the catcher.

I agree with you in that we are just as deserving of a 2 seed as anyone else. However, pandemic or whatever affected each team the same give or take.

Unfortunately the SEC does appear to be the dominant conference. This and odd ACC season and I think it's a good conference but it is behind the SEC/Big12. I really don't see a single ACC tam I would take in Omaha and can name a handful I would give a **** from the SEC/B12.

If there was a ever a year for us to dominate the ACC this could have been hit but like we have all saw/discussed our veteran plate guys seemed to regress and we could never find an effective weekend rotation.

Let's see if we can get hot. Right now I think I would have to consider starting Palm in the postseason and then Smith and the maybe AMAC/staff game. Gino will not to that of course.
Seeding is critical and if the top seeds go to those conferences then of course it will be harder seeing a team from the ACC in Omaha.

I guess they had a tougher OOC schedule so that can be judged? In a year like this, the "fairer" play would have been to award regionals to conferences who over history performed the best. Maybe not practical but desperate times...

Based on our record compared to those ranked...I guess everyone has been inconsistent but we were inconsistent with a tougher go.

Seeding is critical and if the top seeds go to those conferences then of course it will be harder seeing a team from the ACC in Omaha.

I guess they had a tougher OOC schedule so that can be judged? In a year like this, the "fairer" play would have been to award regionals to conferences who over history performed the best. Maybe not practical but desperate times...

Based on our record compared to those ranked...I guess everyone has been inconsistent but we were inconsistent with a tougher go.
Yeah, that's a fair point but when I watch those teams hit and pitch, I can see the talent difference with the better teams in those conferences to us and the ACC. I don't really need OOC games to see it. That's just my 2 cents on this "silly season", talent shows through still.

I also think weekends like the FSU weekend can not happen. There is "up and down" play but we have gotten simply "worked" several ACC series

FSU we went 0-3, outscored 34-2

VT we went 1-2, outscored 20-13

Pitt we went 0-3, outscored 30-15

BC we went 1-2, outscored 25-8

OVERALL - 2 wins, 10 losses, gave up 109 runs, scored 38

Those are some bad series results, how you lose matters to me as well, were you in the game/series?

If TCU loses 2 of 3 to say Texas but the scores are 5-3 and 4-2 losses and win one 6-4 let's say, those are actual games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Got to love the timing of old boy coming back on cis 🤣 death, taxes, and buddy coming back on this site to pump sunshine before the season and after a “big win”
LOL, he was so transparent I was cracking up. The funny thing is you consider me a baseball "homer" almost and he thinks I'm just a team basher, lol

Let's see if we can get hot. Right now I think I would have to consider starting Palm in the postseason and then Smith and the maybe AMAC/staff game. Gino will not do that of course.
I’m not starting palm if you don’t know how far you can stretch him cause If say he goes 6 in a tight game. You don’t have the best closer in America available. If we had better offense I’d start him

I’m not starting palm if you don’t know how far you can stretch him cause If say he goes 6 in a tight game. You don’t have the best closer in America available. If we had better offense I’d start him
And if you try to save him you can go home without your best arm by far never pitching with a lead. With this staff let's say we get to a must win game and have thrown Smith and AMac and the next game is win or season over I'm putting my best out there for as long as he can go. I'm not going home with bullets in my pocket. Now Gino would never do it, but I **** sure would.

Imagine he never gets to throw in let's say a Smith win and then and AMac loss and in the "win or go home" game you start a Garland and it's 7-0 before you know it. What good was Palm? You went home and the best you had never pitched a meaningful inning.

Advertisement
I also think weekends like the FSU weekend can not happen. There is "up and down" play but we have gotten simply "worked" several ACC series

Pitt we went 1-2, outscored 30-15

OVERALL - 3 wins, 9 losses, gave up 109 runs, scored 38

Those are some bad series results, how you lose matters to me as well, were you in the game/series?

If TCU loses 2 of 3 to say Texas but the scores are 5-3 and 4-2 losses and win one 6-4 let's say, those are actual games.
GT lost a series to Kennesaw St.
UL just got swept by UNC 20-6
2 weeks ago UL was swept by CU 31-12

Our resume is no worse than anyone else's in the acc except maybe nd

Ok buddy, if you say so. This is the worst pitching Hurricane team I have ever seen, and I've followed the team for decades. Add to that the veteran bats we thought might carry us actually regressed and overall this team was a huge disappointment.

But thanks for your input.....strong 5th post, no agenda with you at all in here, right????
Palmquist has been light's out, and some other relievers have developed nicely through the season to the point where we have an effective bullpen.

The problem is we have -zero- reliable starting pitchers on the roster. That is inexcusable.

GT lost a series to Kennesaw St.
UL just got swept by UNC 20-6
2 weeks ago UL was swept by CU 31-12

Our resume is no worse than anyone else's in the acc except maybe nd
Exactly, the ACC is down and we can't take advantage, we have been obliterated by soso ACC teams. Sounds like we are on the same page. We wasted a season with wish wash hitting and SPing

Advertisement

Pitt swept us, no?

This is where I’ve been at with this question as well. I’d much rather have him available for 2 games. My critique would be to bring him in earlier at first sign of trouble if the offense is struggling and we are in danger of not using him
All weekend.

Pitt swept us

Advertisement
Back