NFL Dolphins

Advertisement
I've been critical of Tua and Miami administration (namely Chris Grier) in selecting Tua over Herbert. Herbert looks to be the better QB. But you can't watch Tua's last two games (JAX & ATL) and think that Tua is the problem for the Dolphins. Did he throw interceptions that cost Miami? Yeah, but the second interception today was him trying to make a play because the team the front office has put around him sucks, and it's a case of Tua doing too much.

Tua's final two drives today to get Miami within a TD and then the go-ahead TD (should have been the GW TD), he was Steve Young-esque. Tua was beating ATL's defense with his arms and his legs. Speaking of, Tua's hip injury and surgery from college isn't impeding him. He looked great escaping trouble and in the open field. He's making guys miss and he looks elusive. He isn't Miami's problem. Would Watson be an improvement at the position? Of course. Watson is a top 5 (at least) QB in the NFL. But at what cost? Miami would certainly have to part with their 1st round NFL pick in 2022, and both of their 1st round picks in 2023. And that's the floor. Now that Carolina has joined the Watson sweepstakes, the cost has gone up to maybe include one or two 2nd rounders and a starting, young player too. That's too much.

Watson is great, but he's not going to put Miami above the Bills or in the top 6 teams in the AFC. Miami with Watson (on this team) isn't better than the Bills, Bengals, Ravens, Titans, Chargers, and Chiefs (Miami's defense isn't any match for the Chiefs offense). That's the AFC's teams that I would put above Miami even with Watson. And teams like the Browns, Steelers, NE, and the Raiders would be "right there" with Miami even with Watson. Why?

1. Miami's defense has completely taken a step back. They can't rush the passer (near the bottom of the NFL in sacks), and they are last in total yards allowed, pass yards allowed, and rushing yards allowed. And they only have 9 takeaways, including the two that they had today. Not to mention, the last two weeks, the defense has allowed the Jags and Falcons to drive down the field to make GW field goals AFTER the offense game them the lead.

2. Chris Grier has to be either reassigned or fired. Miami saw up close and personal his inability to identify talent. Kyle Pitts was a monster today. Ja'Marr Chase is a monster already. I like Waddle, and I think he can be a pro-bowl WR with game-breaking speed and talent but he looks to be behind Pitts and Chase just like Tua appears to be behind Herbert. Grier's drafting along both lines has been just as bad. LT Austin Jackson isn't a tackle, Eichenberg isn't a LT, Ighobenege has been (until recently because of injuries) healthy scratches (i.e., he can't help us win), and Byron Jones, X, and Baker look like they cashed in and have been on vacation. Van Ginkle and Phillips don't look like stars. Phillips wasn't any factor whatsoever today. 0 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 QB hit. All of these transactions belong to Chris Grier.

3. I hope Brian Flores isn't doing his best Al Golden impersonation and refusing to fire Def. Coord. Josh Boyer. It's Boyer's defense and he must answer for how bad they are. Again, they are either last or near the bottom of the league in essentially every single defensive category.

4. Brian Flores. He was so impressive as a HC and a developer of talent his first two years that we thought Miami hit the jackpot with him. But his decisions concerning his assistants is completely head scratching, especially his OL coach and both coordinator personnel.

Tua is a young QB being given no margin for error with this team.

Justin Herbert is better no doubt, but you can win with Tua if you get him some help. He’s got a college OL and a practice squad receiving unit.

Trading for Watson, is also trading places with the Texans. As much as I’d love that talent upgrade at QB, Tua is not the biggest issue here.
This is facts.

He’s not Jason Taylor but he’s 3rd among rookies in pressures created so…
Who Cares Crazy Ex Girlfriend GIF

Advertisement
Tua is so bad, don't think otherwise or be too afraid to say it right now. The man is a one read machine. No OC wants to call something where
he'd have to read the defense and go through his progressions because he's not capable.

Such a shame too because Miami has finally found a workable OL combination and the play calling is there for a QB to do work with the supporting cast but dimwitted Tewey is so woefully reliant on the defense bending over backwards to make it easy for him that he's otherwise helpless. The final two TD drives for Miami was collusion on ATL's part to salvage whatever trade value Tewey may still have because every completion from there on out was to someone with 15 yards of separation.

When facing the least bit of pushback Tewey will produce some of the worst mistakes you'll ever see in the NFL... and newsflash, it was the same in his time at Bama. His numbers against top 25 defenses throughout his career there was downright mediocre. Averaged 200 yards, 63% completion rate, with 1.5 TDs and 1.33 INTS. Guy is ****.

And sad to report that Jalean is such a bust that the coaching staff has quit on him. Homeboy played less than 10 snaps today. His stats through 7 games read: 1.5 sacks (the 1 coming off a TE), 1 hurry and 3 knockdowns. Dude can simply not get past an OT no matter how long the play takes.
I watch every dolphins game and this is not true.

Some one said we should of traded gesicki and took Pitts.

Im stating they are basically the same player and Gesicki is better honestly right now.

We shouldnt have traded back up to draft Waddle....especially if they were planning to use him how they are using him...****** Albert Wilson can do the exact same thing...hes catching bubble screens and 5 yd passes.

My fav wr in the draft was Jamarr Chase

The problem with the Miami Dolphins is that you can’t diagnose a single area. It’s systemic throughout the organization: bad coaching, overrated players (we heard Albert Wilson was having a great camp, for instance), bad scouting, etc. I believe Miami’s biggest issue is the team is soft and lacks some real veteran leadership. The team plays like it’s going through the motions.

As others mentioned, Tua is not the problem. But Watson could be suspended. ****, he could get charged and go to prison. So it’s a major gamble if they pursue a trade without some serious caveats as to the picks. Miami is the only known spot Watson has agreed to waive his no-trade clause for. All this talk today about Carolina being in the mix is moot if Watson says no, just as he did for Philly.

Advertisement
Tua completed 80% (yes 80%) of his passes for nearly 300 yards and 4 TDs; the last of which put us ahead with 2:30 left. It's the defense's job to hold that lead. Or should Tua play defense too? Maybe he should block for himself as well? All those drive killing holds and false starts... Tua's fault? How about Grier drafting Waddle instead of Pitts or Chase, and Phillips over Rousseau? All those 1st & 2nd rounders on the O & D lines and they're both still awful. Dumping Tua and the rest of our draft picks for Watson gonna fix that? And how did Herbert look last week btw?

For starters I'm not a Fins fan... with that said to me the Fins are going through the same thing the Canes are... talent isn't developed or the winning culture just isn't there. I thought Flores was gonna do it but he's failed so far.
I wouldn't trash Tua just yet... he has an arm and was spot on in college. I was in the Herbert camp and was trashed by Fins fans before the draft. Look the Fins are snake bit... just look at Tannehill when he left... Welker... Suh, etc. Ross isn't making things any better, sucko owner.

He’s gone out and hired the supposed “best minds” in the game.

As an owner that’s all you can really do.

Give your team every available resource.

At a certain point those ppl you hired have to produce.

On the Tua note compare his first 13 starts to every elite QB in the NFL right now, (Aside from Mahomes, his records are crazy.) Josh Allen, Russell Wilson, etc. and his numbers are just as good if not better.

I’m not saying Tua is going to become an MVP candidate but I’m am saying he’s not a bust right now.
"He’s gone out and hired the supposed “best minds” in the game"

like who?

He’s gone out and hired the supposed “best minds” in the game.

As an owner that’s all you can really do.

Give your team every available resource.

At a certain point those ppl you hired have to produce.

On the Tua note compare his first 13 starts to every elite QB in the NFL right now, (Aside from Mahomes, his records are crazy.) Josh Allen, Russell Wilson, etc. and his numbers are just as good if not better.

I’m not saying Tua is going to become an MVP candidate but I’m am saying he’s not a bust right now.
I see what you are sayin, and there is some validity, but Russell Wilson shouldn't be in this comparison. Wilson was far better than Tua his first year and through the first 13 starts to his career.

Advertisement
For starters I'm not a Fins fan... with that said to me the Fins are going through the same thing the Canes are... talent isn't developed or the winning culture just isn't there. I thought Flores was gonna do it but he's failed so far.
I wouldn't trash Tua just yet... he has an arm and was spot on in college. I was in the Herbert camp and was trashed by Fins fans before the draft. Look the Fins are snake bit... just look at Tannehill when he left... Welker... Suh, etc. Ross isn't making things any better, sucko owner.
He doesn’t have an NFL arm. And from a fan’s perspective, no one wants to see the offense he can play in. It’s boring, inherently limited, and cannot succeed in today’s NFL. I was a huge Flores fan, and not sure it’s his fault, but his organization squandered draft capital that you very rarely accumulate. Fins couldn’t get a 3rd rounder for Tua right now. It’s pretty obvious Flores — who has every reason to want Tua to be the guy — knows he’s trapped in Tua purgatory and will probably be fired because of it. We have two of the fastest receivers in football, to go along with an absolute beast of a TE, and teams are daring Tua to throw the ball downfield.

Last edited:
Tua only has about 13 or so starts under his belt If memory serves. Most young QBs don’t come out slinging like Herbert and need time to develop, let the game slow down. Josh Allen’s 1st 13 games were not anything to write home about. I’d like to see him with a real running game and a little more seasoning. That said, he is looking like a career game manager right now. That’s not gonna get it done in this league. Today’s loss ain’t all on Tua though Go Colts I guess.
Except Tuas arm and height don’t get any better.

Advertisement
I've been critical of Tua and Miami administration (namely Chris Grier) in selecting Tua over Herbert. Herbert looks to be the better QB. But you can't watch Tua's last two games (JAX & ATL) and think that Tua is the problem for the Dolphins. Did he throw interceptions that cost Miami? Yeah, but the second interception today was him trying to make a play because the team the front office has put around him sucks, and it's a case of Tua doing too much.

Tua's final two drives today to get Miami within a TD and then the go-ahead TD (should have been the GW TD), he was Steve Young-esque. Tua was beating ATL's defense with his arms and his legs. Speaking of, Tua's hip injury and surgery from college isn't impeding him. He looked great escaping trouble and in the open field. He's making guys miss and he looks elusive. He isn't Miami's problem. Would Watson be an improvement at the position? Of course. Watson is a top 5 (at least) QB in the NFL. But at what cost? Miami would certainly have to part with their 1st round NFL pick in 2022, and both of their 1st round picks in 2023. And that's the floor. Now that Carolina has joined the Watson sweepstakes, the cost has gone up to maybe include one or two 2nd rounders and a starting, young player too. That's too much.

Watson is great, but he's not going to put Miami above the Bills or in the top 6 teams in the AFC. Miami with Watson (on this team) isn't better than the Bills, Bengals, Ravens, Titans, Chargers, and Chiefs (Miami's defense isn't any match for the Chiefs offense). That's the AFC's teams that I would put above Miami even with Watson. And teams like the Browns, Steelers, NE, and the Raiders would be "right there" with Miami even with Watson. Why?

1. Miami's defense has completely taken a step back. They can't rush the passer (near the bottom of the NFL in sacks), and they are last in total yards allowed, pass yards allowed, and rushing yards allowed. And they only have 9 takeaways, including the two that they had today. Not to mention, the last two weeks, the defense has allowed the Jags and Falcons to drive down the field to make GW field goals AFTER the offense game them the lead.

2. Chris Grier has to be either reassigned or fired. Miami saw up close and personal his inability to identify talent. Kyle Pitts was a monster today. Ja'Marr Chase is a monster already. I like Waddle, and I think he can be a pro-bowl WR with game-breaking speed and talent but he looks to be behind Pitts and Chase just like Tua appears to be behind Herbert. Grier's drafting along both lines has been just as bad. LT Austin Jackson isn't a tackle, Eichenberg isn't a LT, Ighobenege has been (until recently because of injuries) healthy scratches (i.e., he can't help us win), and Byron Jones, X, and Baker look like they cashed in and have been on vacation. Van Ginkle and Phillips don't look like stars. Phillips wasn't any factor whatsoever today. 0 tackles, 0 sacks, 1 QB hit. All of these transactions belong to Chris Grier.

3. I hope Brian Flores isn't doing his best Al Golden impersonation and refusing to fire Def. Coord. Josh Boyer. It's Boyer's defense and he must answer for how bad they are. Again, they are either last or near the bottom of the league in essentially every single defensive category.

4. Brian Flores. He was so impressive as a HC and a developer of talent his first two years that we thought Miami hit the jackpot with him. But his decisions concerning his assistants is completely head scratching, especially his OL coach and both coordinator personnel.
Don’t forget Najee Harris or Slater

Not a fan of trading for Watson. Houston would love nothing more than to fleece us after that Tunsil trade. I don't know how true it is but there's word that Ross is pushing for Watson.

I’m not saying Tua is great, but the amount of fails from Grier, and our OL is still trash, no real offensive weapons, 3 different OCs…. Not a lot of QBs would be great here

I’ve never gotten to the point of wanting to switch allegiances, but with going thru this failed rebuild, I’m close

Advertisement
Back