NFL Dolphins

Philly fans having a blast rooting for us to lose. Situations reversed from last year with Houston

I'm smiling bigger and bigger every week. Another reason I don't want the Dolphins to trade for Watson. We could end up lucking into the #1 pick if they really go in the crapper.

Advertisement
I honestly feel bad for Tua. He has no run game and this D has regressed so bad. He threw 2 picks but he gave this team the lead and they ******* blew it just like last week. We should be 3-4 but this trash defense has us 1-6 heading into Buffalo which of course we’re gonna lose.
Tua only has about 13 or so starts under his belt If memory serves. Most young QBs don’t come out slinging like Herbert and need time to develop, let the game slow down. Josh Allen’s 1st 13 games were not anything to write home about. I’d like to see him with a real running game and a little more seasoning. That said, he is looking like a career game manager right now. That’s not gonna get it done in this league. Today’s loss ain’t all on Tua though Go Colts I guess.

Ross is clueless about Football. He has a horrible GM and below average HC. Insult to injury, the QB is incapable of throwing the ball 50 yards downfield.

You get what you deserve
And yet people still support the dolphins. I haven’t bought any merchandise In ages since they stink so bad . But people still go to the games and still buy merchandise. It’s baffling

Advertisement
Stephen Ross has been a great owner.

Ppl are playing the result.

He’s went out and spent unfathomable amounts of bread and hired every big “hot” name in the game to get the dolphins over the hump hasn’t been able to do it.

He’s written blank checks and didn’t medal in their affairs of the “football geniuses” that everyone said was the can’t miss.

And one after the other they’ve all failed him.

We could do a lot worse.

Not a tua apologist but his total yards, TDs, Ints, QBR, W/L record is on par or better than some of the elite QBs in the league today through their first 12-13 starts.

I get ppl want instant gratification and we live in this era where everyone wants to be the first to say “I told you so” but the raw data suggest that Tua is actually trending towards being an elite QB not a bust.

You might not like his play style, injury history or college he went to and that’s cool, but unless you have data suggesting otherwise don’t @ me.

He’s went out and spent unfathomable amounts of bread and hired every big “hot” name in the game to get the dolphins over the hump hasn’t been able to do it.

He’s written blank checks and didn’t medal in their affairs of the “football geniuses” that everyone said was the can’t miss.

We could do a lot worse.

Not a tua apologist but his total yards, TDs, Ints, QBR, W/L record is on par or better than some of the elite QBs in the league today through their first 12-13 starts.

I get ppl want instant gratification and we live in this era where everyone wants to be the first to say “I told you so” but the raw data suggest that Tua is actually trending towards being an elite QB not a bust.

You might not like his play style, injury history or college he went to and that’s cool, but unless you have data suggesting otherwise don’t @ me.
People can’t get past not drafting Herbert over Tua whereas Herbert went to a better roster with a better OC, better OL, better receiving core, and better RB.

Even if Miami takes Herbert I’m not so sure it’s not the same type of situation down here. The OL is a joke, WR core on paper is very talented but can’t stay healthy, practice squad tailbacks and he’s got a clown for a QB coach/OC.

We could do a lot worse.

I'm not one to say Ross doesn't care. We've seen him spend plenty of money to try and bring in players.

His fault though is he is a terrible manager. When he gained control of the team, Parcells was the Director of Football Operations. This was Huizenga's last big mistake as an owner because he took a guy who was a Hall of Fame Head Coach and famously said he was a chef who couldn't buy the groceries and for some reason, thought he could run his entire football operation. On field management is quite a bit different than managing the entire football operation. The choice of Jake Long over Matt Ryan when the Dolphins had the first overall draft pick is an example of his ineptitude. Football is a QB dependent league now more than anytime in history and Parcells didn't see it.

Ross supposedly doesn't get along with Parcells and Parcells leaves the organization. This is where Ross made his biggest mistake. Instead of hiring an executive with the knowledge of running an NFL franchise, he just keeps the Parcells GM (Ireland) and coach (Sparano). Then we have been in the past 12 years of a coach firing one year, GM replacement another year, and so on. He gets rid of Tannenbaum and elevates Grier who has been with the organization for 20 years of bad drafts?

Ross, do no more harm. Hire a proven football executive immediately. Let them fire Grier and Flores and bring in replacements who will lead this team to a bright future for once. You know a lot about real estate and made your billions there. Football management is just not your thing. Hire a professional. And don't make things worse by mortgaging the future of the organization by giving 3 years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks for a guy with 22 claims of sexual deviance still to be resolved.

We could do a lot worse.

On the Ross part, hiring every "hot name" in the game isn't necessarily evidence of great leadership.

On the Tua part, what data do you have suggesting he's "trending toward an elite QB?" And, what do you define as an elite QB?

Advertisement
I'm not one to say Ross doesn't care. We've seen him spend plenty of money to try and bring in players.

His fault though is he is a terrible manager. When he gained control of the team, Parcells was the Director of Football Operations. This was Huizenga's last big mistake as an owner because he took a guy who was a Hall of Fame Head Coach and famously said he was a chef who couldn't buy the groceries and for some reason, thought he could run his entire football operation. On field management is quite a bit different than managing the entire football operation. The choice of Jake Long over Matt Ryan when the Dolphins had the first overall draft pick is an example of his ineptitude. Football is a QB dependent league now more than anytime in history and Parcells didn't see it.

Ross supposedly doesn't get along with Parcells and Parcells leaves the organization. This is where Ross made his biggest mistake. Instead of hiring an executive with the knowledge of running an NFL franchise, he just keeps the Parcells GM (Ireland) and coach (Sparano). Then we have been in the past 12 years of a coach firing one year, GM replacement another year, and so on. He gets rid of Tannenbaum and elevates Grier who has been with the organization for 20 years of bad drafts?

Ross, do no more harm. Hire a proven football executive immediately. Let them fire Grier and Flores and bring in replacements who will lead this team to a bright future for once. You know a lot about real estate and made your billions there. Football management is just not your thing. Hire a professional. And don't make things worse by mortgaging the future of the organization by giving 3 years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks for a guy with 22 claims of sexual deviance still to be resolved.
Well said.

People can’t get past not drafting Herbert over Tua whereas Herbert went to a better roster with a better OC, better OL, better receiving core, and better RB.

Even if Miami takes Herbert I’m not so sure it’s not the same type of situation down here. The OL is a joke, WR core on paper is very talented but can’t stay healthy, practice squad tailbacks and he’s got a clown for a QB coach/OC.

And I feel you.

But the Chargers Oline was the worst in the league last year.

WR and RB was/is way better than the dolphins.

I’m not even trying to say Tua is better than Herbert.

Right now as of today Herbert has “done more”

But honestly IMO this falls back on the dolphins regime and to me is their greatest indictment.

Ever sense they’ve drafted Tua they’ve done everything in public to give this impression that he’s trash.

Benching him for a journeyman, contestant trade rumors, not naming him a captain (I’m almost certain he’s the only starting QB in the NFL who isn’t a captain).

and because of that there is no middle ground he either plays like he’s a 1st ballot HOFer or he’s a bust.

On the Ross part, hiring every "hot name" in the game isn't necessarily evidence of great leadership.

On the Tua part, what data do you have suggesting he's "trending toward an elite QB?" And, what do you define as an elite QB?

He’s gone out and hired the supposed “best minds” in the game.

As an owner that’s all you can really do.

Give your team every available resource.

At a certain point those ppl you hired have to produce.

On the Tua note compare his first 13 starts to every elite QB in the NFL right now, (Aside from Mahomes, his records are crazy.) Josh Allen, Russell Wilson, etc. and his numbers are just as good if not better.

I’m not saying Tua is going to become an MVP candidate but I’m am saying he’s not a bust right now.

On the Tua note compare his first 13 starts to every elite QB in the NFL right now, (Aside from Mahomes, his records are crazy.) Josh Allen, Russell Wilson, etc. and his numbers are just as good if not better.

I’m not saying Tua is going to become an MVP candidate but I’m am saying he’s not a bust right now.
On Ross, I don't know who you refer to as the "best minds." Are you referring to Chris Grier? Can you give us some examples? Hiring the "best minds" does not prove anything other than you're throwing money at something instead of managing it. At a certain point, you have to hire the right people or hold them accountable. Throwing money at an issue and then absolving yourself is failed management/leadership.

On Tua, you still have not defined what you consider an "elite" QB. His numbers trend to Andy Dalton. I'm not saying Tua's a bust or can't be above average, but I don't see where he's trending toward an elite QB, as you mentioned. On top of it, he has to overcome some limitations in his attributes.

Advertisement

I mean, as an owner, you can also try living in the city where your team is located and having some degree of operational oversight. That is also allowed.

On Ross, I don't know who you refer to as the "best minds." Are you referring to Chris Grier? Can you give us some examples? Hiring the "best minds" does not prove anything other than you're throwing money at something instead of managing it. At a certain point, you have to hire the right people or hold them accountable. Throwing money at an issue and then absolving yourself is failed management/leadership.

On Tua, you still have not defined what you consider an "elite" QB. His numbers trend to Andy Dalton. I'm not saying Tua's a bust or can't be above average, but I don't see where he's trending toward an elite QB, as you mentioned. On top of it, he has to overcome some limitations in his attributes.
Grier has been in the organization since what, 02? What the **** have we done as an organization that made Ross think that he has learned from the best or the right way to do things. It really is baffling how some of these owners can be so successful at running their own businesses and fail so miserably in sports. I know many CEOs personally who you could drop in to run a company in a completely different niche and at the very least run it respectably with their skillsets

Your Andy Dalton reference just ruined my dinner. Thanks Lu.

Houston could get Tua as a throw in and they still don’t want him. Who wins in this league with a fragile, undersized quarterback with a noodle arm? This wasn’t hard to project coming out of college imo. Good dude. Big heart. Terrible NFL prospect.

Advertisement
Grier has been in the organization since what, 02? What the **** have we done as an organization that made Ross think that he has learned from the best or the right way to do things. It really is baffling how some of these owners can be so successful at running their own businesses and fail so miserably in sports. I know many CEOs personally who you could drop in to run a company in a completely different niche and at the very least run it respectably with their skillsets

Your Andy Dalton reference just ruined my dinner. Thanks Lu.
If it makes you feel any better, an argument can be made his numbers also trend to Mark Brunell. Trent Green? Sam Bradford? Jeff Garcia? We were asked for data, so that's what the data shows right now.

We could do a lot worse.

Stephen Ross is a garbage owner and the results are obvious. He's great at real estate and a total moron at football.

Advertisement
Back