NFL Dolphins

Ross is clueless about Football. He has a horrible GM and below average HC. Insult to injury, the QB is incapable of throwing the ball 50 yards downfield.

You get what you deserve
100% clueless and I've said it from day 1.

Advertisement
I honestly feel bad for Tua. He has no run game and this D has regressed so bad. He threw 2 picks but he gave this team the lead and they ******* blew it just like last week. We should be 3-4 but this trash defense has us 1-6 heading into Buffalo which of course we’re gonna lose.
I don't feel bad for anyone on a first round NFL contract. Impossible for my brain to work that way.

Philly fans having a blast rooting for us to lose. Situations reversed from last year with Houston
If we would have stayed @ 12 I would've been okay with the trade. Probably still get Waddle there too. Instead Grier thought he was a genius, missed out on Pitts and Chase, and probably traded away a top 5 pick to do so. We better hope the niners lose out or he'll look like the biggest asshat in a long line of Dolphin asshat GMs.

Advertisement
Dolphins gonna Dolphins always drafting players known for having major injuries smdh just burn it down already and drafting overrated alabaga players especially at Qb lmao

If it makes you feel any better, an argument can be made his numbers also trend to Mark Brunell. Trent Green? Sam Bradford? Jeff Garcia? We were asked for data, so that's what the data shows right now.
Those chaps have career passer ratings around 85. They were also drafted in later rounds. I was hoping to get more bang for my buck with the #5 overall pick. The bar has been set so low at this position for so long that maybe I’ve lost hope that we will ever have our Mahomes. Im not as ready to give up on Tua as others and give him BUST status yet. He has only played in 13 games...and last year's games I dont know what the **** Chan Gailey was doing or how hurt Tua still really was. But I wouldn’t fight it either at the moment if we pulled an Arizona and hit the reset button if we saw a ridiculous talent in reach in next years draft.

****ing and moaning about Herbert isn’t getting us anywhere. This Watson nonsense is just that imo. So what do we do? The SF pick will get us in the top 10. We are just going to have to see how he does the rest of the year and make the call after that to draft another QB. My guess is unless Tua really stalls out or regresses, we will give him another year next year, knowing that if it doesn’t get better, we can go balls deep in 2023 with our 2 1st round picks to get a new shiny toy. Whatever the path is, the Dolphins will probably choose the wrong one.

Advertisement
If Grier is drafting we need to stop pretending like these future picks are future hall of famers or something. Watson is. Would you give up a couple JAGs, a couple busts, and maybe a pro bowler (if Grier gets lucky) to get Watson. **** yeah I would

Those chaps have career passer ratings around 85. They were also drafted in later rounds. I was hoping to get more bang for my buck with the #5 overall pick. The bar has been set so low at this position for so long that maybe I’ve lost hope that we will ever have our Mahomes. Im not as ready to give up on Tua as others and give him BUST status yet. He has only played in 13 games...and last year's games I dont know what the **** Chan Gailey was doing or how hurt Tua still really was. But I wouldn’t fight it either at the moment if we pulled an Arizona and hit the reset button if we saw a ridiculous talent in reach in next years draft.

****ing and moaning about Herbert isn’t getting us anywhere. This Watson nonsense is just that imo. So what do we do? The SF pick will get us in the top 10. We are just going to have to see how he does the rest of the year and make the call after that to draft another QB. My guess is unless Tua really stalls out or regresses, we will give him another year next year, knowing that if it doesn’t get better, we can go balls deep in 2023 with our 2 1st round picks to get a new shiny toy. Whatever the path is, the Dolphins will probably choose the wrong one.
I was being sarcastic about those guys. Ha. Do we know each other off the board? Feels like we've discussed this before. I'm not anti-Tua. Never really have been. I was against moving up to get him in his draft, as I thought that was a ridiculous use of capital. I was told "that's what you do for franchise QBs." Problem was I was always weary of Tua because of the windows he threw into at Bama and his obvious durability concerns (size, etc.). I can't say I was a Herbert guy because we saw a different Herbert at Oregon and only got a glimpse of this Herbert at the Senior Bowl.

My issue with the Phins is we tend take our draft capital and make the worst possible use of it. For instance, I like Waddle as a player, generally. I don't like Waddle as the #6 overall pick in a draft. I was a big fan of the move down to 12 last year, though. I was less excited about the move to 6 unless we could use it to trade back or Pitts/Chase fell there. Our Dolphins problem is not that different than our Canes problem. Poor leadership trickles down.

I'm not one to say Ross doesn't care. We've seen him spend plenty of money to try and bring in players.

His fault though is he is a terrible manager. When he gained control of the team, Parcells was the Director of Football Operations. This was Huizenga's last big mistake as an owner because he took a guy who was a Hall of Fame Head Coach and famously said he was a chef who couldn't buy the groceries and for some reason, thought he could run his entire football operation. On field management is quite a bit different than managing the entire football operation. The choice of Jake Long over Matt Ryan when the Dolphins had the first overall draft pick is an example of his ineptitude. Football is a QB dependent league now more than anytime in history and Parcells didn't see it.

Ross supposedly doesn't get along with Parcells and Parcells leaves the organization. This is where Ross made his biggest mistake. Instead of hiring an executive with the knowledge of running an NFL franchise, he just keeps the Parcells GM (Ireland) and coach (Sparano). Then we have been in the past 12 years of a coach firing one year, GM replacement another year, and so on. He gets rid of Tannenbaum and elevates Grier who has been with the organization for 20 years of bad drafts?

Ross, do no more harm. Hire a proven football executive immediately. Let them fire Grier and Flores and bring in replacements who will lead this team to a bright future for once. You know a lot about real estate and made your billions there. Football management is just not your thing. Hire a professional. And don't make things worse by mortgaging the future of the organization by giving 3 years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks for a guy with 22 claims of sexual deviance still to be resolved.

And Ross wanted Mike Hart with the 1st Rd. pick in 08', probably the reason we drafted Chad Henne.

And I think it was under the Ross regime that they said Mike Tomlin was "too Hip Hop".

Oh and, they passed on Jimmy Graham because they claimed He was "too lazy", and Ireland had the nerve to ask Dez Bryant if His Mom was a prostitute.

LOL, talk about an out of touch "organization".

I can’t believe this to be true. It is always about to be the Dolphins year…. starting to think all those people saying that since 1972 were just getting greentree type reports from D$…

Advertisement
Tua is so bad, don't think otherwise or be too afraid to say it right now. The man is a one read machine. No OC wants to call something where
he'd have to read the defense and go through his progressions because he's not capable.

Such a shame too because Miami has finally found a workable OL combination and the play calling is there for a QB to do work with the supporting cast but dimwitted Tewey is so woefully reliant on the defense bending over backwards to make it easy for him that he's otherwise helpless. The final two TD drives for Miami was collusion on ATL's part to salvage whatever trade value Tewey may still have because every completion from there on out was to someone with 15 yards of separation.

When facing the least bit of pushback Tewey will produce some of the worst mistakes you'll ever see in the NFL... and newsflash, it was the same in his time at Bama. His numbers against top 25 defenses throughout his career there was downright mediocre. Averaged 200 yards, 63% completion rate, with 1.5 TDs and 1.33 INTS. Guy is ****.

And sad to report that Jalean is such a bust that the coaching staff has quit on him. Homeboy played less than 10 snaps today. His stats through 7 games read: 1.5 sacks (the 1 coming off a TE), 1 hurry and 3 knockdowns. Dude can simply not get past an OT no matter how long the play takes.

If it makes you feel any better, an argument can be made his numbers also trend to Mark Brunell. Trent Green? Sam Bradford? Jeff Garcia? We were asked for data, so that's what the data shows right
I was being sarcastic about those guys. Ha. Do we know each other off the board? Feels like we've discussed this before. I'm not anti-Tua. Never really have been. I was against moving up to get him in his draft, as I thought that was a ridiculous use of capital. I was told "that's what you do for franchise QBs." Problem was I was always weary of Tua because of the windows he threw into at Bama and his obvious durability concerns (size, etc.). I can't say I was a Herbert guy because we saw a different Herbert at Oregon and only got a glimpse of this Herbert at the Senior Bowl.

My issue with the Phins is we tend take our draft capital and make the worst possible use of it. For instance, I like Waddle as a player, generally. I don't like Waddle as the #6 overall pick in a draft. I was a big fan of the move down to 12 last year, though. I was less excited about the move to 6 unless we could use it to trade back or Pitts/Chase fell there. Our Dolphins problem is not that different than our Canes problem. Poor leadership trickles down.
Hahaha. I’m with you. We ain’t met but possibly had this convo on here. I completely agree. Can you imagine if teams like the Ravens or Pitt had the draft capital we’ve had. Should have not traded back down to 12. But I do really like Waddle. Would like to see him, Parker, Fuller and Gesicki on the field at the same time.

Man, some of you are gluttons for punishment, holding on to both the Fins and Canes; I ditched them about 9 years ago- and I rode with them since Jim Kiick came over to talk to our undefeated Junior High team in Punta Gorda in 1968.

As I've said, they've had the worst front office in the history of sports, and don't tell me about the Jets - they didn't have Dan Marino for 15 years. I've apologized for decades to my sons for making the Dolphin fans before they could chose on their own - no use. One even drove over from Punta Gorda today to watch them lose. Maybe in his lifetime the'll come back, but like the Canes have been trending; doubtful in mine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The most exciting thing about Miami football is waiting for the head coach to get fired. Which naturally leads to the question, who gets fired first Flores or Diaz?

And can you believe some on this board were comparing Jaalen Phillips to Jason Taylor, LOL

And can you believe some on this board don't want Deshaun. LOL

And Ross wanted Mike Hart with the 1st Rd. pick in 08', probably the reason we drafted Chad Henne.

And I think it was under the Ross regime that they said Mike Tomlin was "too Hip Hop".

Oh and, they passed on Jimmy Graham because they claimed He was "too lazy", and Ireland had the nerve to ask Dez Bryant if His Mom was a prostitute.

LOL, talk about an out of touch "organization".
We didn’t pass on Jimmy. The saints took him ahead of where we were. Parcells even called Sean Peyton and said he got an absolute steal.

The most exciting thing about Miami football is waiting for the head coach to get fired. Which naturally leads to the question, who gets fired first Flores or Diaz?

And can you believe some on this board were comparing Jaalen Phillips to Jason Taylor, LOL

And can you believe some on this board don't want Deshaun. LOL
He’s not Jason Taylor but he’s 3rd among rookies in pressures created so…

He’s not Jason Taylor but he’s 3rd among rookies in pressures created so…
Alex, I'll take, "things Manny Diaz would say", for $500.

Seriously, I haven't given up on the guy, like a lot of people have already, and hope develops into a force. But he's a work in progress.

Advertisement
Back