NFL Dolphins struggles

Advertisement
OK so the Dolphins have scored 17,16, 16, 15, and 17 in games where either Tua and specifically armstead are out, and scored 0 against Houston after armstead left the game. The offense suddenly looks like a shell of itself and reality is Tua probably doesnt stay healthy if armstead is out for a prolonged period of time. Also the running game completely changes for the phins with armstead out ..

Being a homer who correlates many things to my Canes, I wonder how much the zion and overall Oline health was a significant factor this year. There were games I was scared we would run out of QB's.

McDaniel goes from genius and incredible schemer to sub 20 point offense, and QB getting terrorized, looks somewhat familiar to me, am i wrong>
The OL actually played pretty well yesterday.

Tua just happened to have his worst game of the season at the wrong time. He overthrew or underthrew receivers all game long. Our receivers also didn’t help him in the 4th quarter by dropping catchable passes. Our D played like *** against a rookie QB that had only attempted 9 passes in the NFL coming into the game.

If Tua and the defense show up yesterday, we get the W. Even the announcers kept saying that wasn’t the Tua they had seen all season long on film. He tweaked his ankle, so I don’t know if maybe that was affecting his throws. But he was definitely off yesterday.

The refs also didn’t help any with some horrendous calls. Even Daryl Johnston said that when he played in the league the holding penalty that they called on Hunt on a double team would have never been a penalty. Also the 4th down pass interference call in the first quarter that led to the SF touchdown was horrible. That was not P.I..

Meanwhile, the niners got away with multiple holding calls against our DL, and the refs missed a couple of blatant blocks in the back on a kickoff return and a punt return. Not to mention a missed P.I. on Tua’s first interception, where their DB just pushed our WR in the back and was there for the INT.

Last edited:
The OL actually played pretty well yesterday.

Tua just happened to have his worst game of the season at the wrong time. He overthrew or underthrew receivers all game long. Our receivers also didn’t help him in the 4th quarter by dropping catchable passes. Our D played like *** against a rookie QB that had only attempted 9 passes in the NFL coming into the game.

If Tua and the defense show up yesterday, we get the W. Even the announcers kept saying that wasn’t the Tua they had seen all season long on film. He tweaked his ankle, so I don’t know if maybe that was affecting his throws. But he was definitely off yesterday.

The refs also didn’t help any with some horrendous calls. Even Daryl Johnston said that when he played in the league the holding penalty that they called on Hunt on a double team would have never been a penalty. Also the 4th down pass interference call in the first quarter that led to the SF touchdown was horrible. That was not P.I..

Meanwhile, the niners got away with multiple holding calls against our DL, and the refs missed a couple of blatant blocks in the back on a kickoff return and a punt return. Not to mention a P.I. on Tua’s first interception, where their DB just pushed our WR in the back and was there for the INT.
I haven’t watched the Dolphins much but they had some moments I’ve not seen anyone do that to the 49ers defense (early in the season totally different team with injuries)

The NFL talking heads and analysts will tell you about how good SF defense is, like duh, but speaking of Armstead, SF got Arik Armstead back yesterday and he changes their defense as well. So this was the best version of SFs defense anyone has faced this year.

There was a lot of bad calls yesterday in that game but Miami looked legit af to me, grand scheme of things.

14 of those points were on Turnovers with our O playing it’s worst game with Tua.

We can’t ask defenses to perform miracles.
This site even does for UM too. It’s the NFL. Teams are going to at least get 3 points 90% of the time on a turnover.
They surrendered 6 points after the interceptions. That’s a decent job. But giving up sustained drives when you need a stop badly before halftime and then again in the 4th quarter and you can’t get it done is an issue.

The defense is way too talented to give up 4 scores to purdy. Our situational football yesterday was ****. On both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
They surrendered 6 points after the interceptions. That’s a decent job. But giving up sustained drives when you need a stop badly before halftime and then again in the 4th quarter and you can’t get it done is an issue.

The defense is way too talented to give up 4 scores to purdy. Our situational football yesterday was ****. On both sides of the ball.
You just said those 6 points was a decent job. If it’s a clean FB game then the game is tied going into that last Tua drive.

We lost that game because of the offense.

You just said those 6 points was a decent job. If it’s a clean FB game then the game is tied going into that last Tua drive.

We lost that game because of the offense.
We lost that game because of both sides of the ball. D played better than the offense but that’s not saying much. Saints held 49ers to 13 points just last week. Allowing 26 points might be a decent job in context, but to a 3rd string QB is not one of them. Both sides of the ball failed.

So you're saying offense doesn't work well if you don't have a good O Line? **** who would've thought. people on this board need to realize how bad our OLine play has been for a long time. If doesn't matter what OC is here if the OL can't block

Advertisement
So you're saying offense doesn't work well if you don't have a good O Line? **** who would've thought. people on this board need to realize how bad our OLine play has been for a long time. If doesn't matter what OC is here if the OL can't block

OL blocked adequately against the #1 D. The biggest issue, by far, was Tuas inaccuracy. He missed open WRs repeatedly. He deserves the biggest part of the blame.

I haven’t watched the Dolphins much but they had some moments I’ve not seen anyone do that to the 49ers defense (early in the season totally different team with injuries)

The NFL talking heads and analysts will tell you about how good SF defense is, like duh, but speaking of Armstead, SF got Arik Armstead back yesterday and he changes their defense as well. So this was the best version of SFs defense anyone has faced this year.

There was a lot of bad calls yesterday in that game but Miami looked legit af to me, grand scheme of things.
No doubt. San Fran’s defense is no joke. Miami had wide open receivers all game long, and Tua just didn’t play to the standard that he has set this year in our other games. We should have been up by 2 TD’s at halftime, but he repeatedly missed wide open receivers downfield.

It’s telling that we were at around the Niners 35 when MG dropped the 4th and 2 pass that would have kept that drive going in the 4th quarter. We were only down 23-17 at that point with 6 minutes to go in the game, after having played poorly for the majority of the game.

It goes to show you how dishonest the media is when you see the postgame show and the ESPN pundits this morning saying that the Niners blew the Fins out. That was no blowout. Not even close.

Advertisement
Miami's d played good and Phillips took out qb1, but that backuo qb was the last guy taken in the draft, Mr Irrelevant and the dude played a hellava game. Miami sent pressure and couldn't rattle the guy.

Because they shouldnt have sent so much pressure. They made his reads extremely easy playing cover 0 he had to get it out quick and did. You zone a guy like that more so ...but Boyer only knows 1 way really and its cute exotic blitzes all game and corners in man

Tua missed on 3 TD passes and that was the game. He was responsible for that loss and contrary to opinion he had time to throw the ball. He got beat by a third string QB WHO LOOKED VERY GOOD. The most overpaid NFL player in my opinion is Xavien Howard. Constantly getting beat and holding.

Because they shouldnt have sent so much pressure. They made his reads extremely easy playing cover 0 he had to get it out quick and did. You zone a guy like that more so ...but Boyer only knows 1 way really and its cute exotic blitzes all game and corners in man
You'd think after the 9ers lost Jimmy, and your d holds Samuels and for the most part McCaffery in check, your going to win the game. The 9ers ran 34 more offensive plays and haad the ball for 20 more minutes.

This was on Tua and the 9ers showed the blue print to stop the fins, take away the short and intermediate passes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back