NFL Dolphins struggles

Yes without Armstead the team becomes a fringe playoff team. RT has long been a weakness but LT was such a strength when Armstead played.

Shocker Bennie Shell and Greg Little aren’t holding up lol
Austin Jackson came on late last year but has been hurt all this year. That’s why Shell and Little are starting. Eichenburg is out too.

Advertisement
We’re starting 3 role players on the line and it shows. I said to my buddy yesterday that Tua knows he’s going to get hit so he’s anticipating it and it’s making him inaccurate.

Yeah and it’s not even just Armstead. Both starting OT’s were out. But also, 49ers are the number 1 defense in the league for a reason. They knew Tua likes to throw over middle so they had LB dropping wayyy back and Tua was over throwing it to be safe and not throw picks. He was def off accuracy wise. He’s gunna have to put his big boy pants on rest of the year because every game will have those implications.

Also, I don’t even want to compare McDaniel scheme to Gattis 🤮🤮

Advertisement
Thought it was not the best gameplan by McDaniel. He played right into Shanahan’s hands relinquishing so much time of possession running the ball 8 times. EIGHT. Jeff Wilson had one carry. I love his aggressive mindset but right now his Achilles heel might be over aggression. Tua was off, work the misdirection and for Gods sake do more than ask the TE & RBs to chip Bosa. Bad idea.

Boyer needs to earn his fvckin paycheck. You knew it was going to be all about CMC and that was only amplified when Jimmy G went down. You then proceeded to give up 24 points to a 3rd string QB with the last name Purdy.

JP15, Ingram, Chubb, and Sieler/Wilkins is a **** good 4 man pass rush. Why is Chubb and Phillips sitting there covering the flat on 2nd & 3rd and long? Quit being cute.

This defense is consistently inconsistent on the road. They’re averaging close to 30 ppg allowed on the road. That won’t get it done in January and right now Miami is staring 8-6 in the face.

Sketchy defense, 8 rushes and only having 19 minutes in time of possession won’t win you shlt. Not even against average teams much less a team built like the 9ers and for knowing that team inside and out I thought this was a pretty glaring failure of a gameplan on both sides of the ball.
I don’t agree with any of this. Our D kept us in that game and they only had 86 yards rushing in the middle of the 4th quarter.

SF’s D line won that game. We couldn’t block them to say our lives.

I don’t agree with any of this. Our D kept us in that game and they only had 86 yards rushing in the middle of the 4th quarter.

Miami's d played good and Phillips took out qb1, but that backuo qb was the last guy taken in the draft, Mr Irrelevant and the dude played a hellava game. Miami sent pressure and couldn't rattle the guy.

i see a trend
gooseegg 2nd half houston

not just this one
It’s not mind blowing that a team scores significantly fewer points without their starting quarterback. I was more concerned in the second half of the Houston game where they just couldn’t protect the quarterback at all. The protection against San Francisco wasn’t bad.

Is the Dolphins offense better with their starting quarterback and pro bowl tackle? Yeah. Is that some kind of revelation? Not really

It's almost as if teams finally have film on what they do and are making the correct adjustments.

Advertisement
It’s not mind blowing that a team scores significantly fewer points without their starting quarterback. I was more concerned in the second half of the Houston game where they just couldn’t protect the quarterback at all. The protection against San Francisco wasn’t bad.

Is the Dolphins offense better with their starting quarterback and pro bowl tackle? Yeah. Is that some kind of revelation? Not really
Lol.

100% its been shocking to me that teams dont take out the middle and make tua throw outside and deep, but I guess Hill and waddle can force the issue and impose their will somewhat with their spped and quickness
Nobody has the balls to bring their safeties up to defend the intermediate zones because they’re all afraid of the speed on the outside.

Tua was def off yesterday but the O is the least of my worries. Purdy was making throws and SF receivers were making big first down play after big first down play. Very frustrating. Along with Tua being off, too many catchable balls on big 3rd/4th downs dropped was a recipe for disaster. Lets hope this doesnt hurt any confidence the team has displayed most of the year. Big one Sunday and the biggest one in 13 days. 2-0 next two weeks puts us back in the drivers seat.

Advertisement
Mods, put this on OT we have enough issues without discussing another Miami team underperforming - the only link to this web site is they, like the Canes are the victims of The Curse of the Orange Bowl!

Had some buddies wanting me to jump back on the wagon after the 3-0 start. I told them, let's put up $50 that they erase that with a 3-game losing streak somtime over the season. Six guys smart enough not to take that bet, and they dropped the next three in a row. Yeah, Yeah Tua was hurt. It's football and their incredibly bad front office didn't have a viable back up.

D made some plays, but San Fran has scored 22, 38, and 13 in their last 3 games with a healthy Jimmy G.

Again, we gave up 23* points to a 3rd string QB with the last name Purdy. Championship defenses don’t let that happen.

San Fran was still 42% on 3rd down. Boyer got taken to the woodshed by Shanahan yesterday *with a THIRD string* QB.

San Fran’s DL did win that game. But that’s what is going to happen when you try to handle Bosa with one backup tackle or chipping him with a TE & fullback. That’s a recipe for disaster. We got outcoached yesterday on both sides of the ball. Period.

D made some plays, but San Fran has scored 22, 38, and 13 in their last 3 games with a healthy Jimmy G.

Again, we gave up 23* points to a 3rd string QB with the last name Purdy. Championship defenses don’t let that happen.

San Fran was still 42% on 3rd down. Boyer got taken to the woodshed by Shanahan yesterday *with a THIRD string* QB. We got outcoached yesterday on both sides of the ball. Period.
14 of those points were on Turnovers with our O playing it’s worst game with Tua.

We can’t ask defenses to perform miracles.
This site even does for UM too. It’s the NFL. Teams are going to at least get 3 points 90% of the time on a turnover.

Advertisement
The overturned call on Gesicki on 4th down was bs, the side judge was in perfect position to see the catch and didn't rule it incomplete. The replays were less than conclusive, especially given the position of the ref.

The overturned call on Gesicki on 4th down was bs, the side judge was in perfect position to see the catch and didn't rule it incomplete. The replays were less than conclusive, especially given the position of the ref.
2 succesful challenges on 1 drive...brutal. we had the momentum and i felt as if we were gonna score a td on that drive. oh well..gotta beat these upcoming afc teams

Advertisement
Back