NFL Dolphins draft plan

Advertisement
So they traded 50 and a 3rd in 22 to take Eichenberg at 42. But was the safety really going before 50? Why not take Jenkins or Eichenberg at 36 and keep the 3rd?
I don't know anything about the ND tackle other than he didn't look all that quick in pass protection.

It was a panic move by Grier IMO. He was probably shocked Jenkins got drafted.

Advertisement
RB and LB are needs for the remaining rounds
What RB? Game changers look gone...I would trade up again and take Creed or that UW Whitewater Center. Anything else is just the bonus plan I think but center is a need and if you get Creed he is yours for several years.

Not mad at either of the R2 picks. Holland is the best Safety in the draft and probably a 1st rounder on a "normal" year where he doesn't opt out and there's a combine. His skills in Flores' defense will stand out. They're a couple positions away from having an elite defense (if Phillips stays healthy and reaches his potential).

Eichenberg scares me a little as a RT because of the alligator arms, but I guess they now have a right side where either guy (Hunt, Eich) can play Guard or Tackle. Clearly, they still need a Center, but not sure that will happen this season. Maybe Josh Myers slips into R3.

Not mad at either of the R2 picks. Holland is the best Safety in the draft and probably a 1st rounder on a "normal" year where he doesn't opt out and there's a combine. His skills in Flores' defense will stand out. They're a couple positions away from having an elite defense (if Phillips stays healthy and reaches his potential).

Eichenberg scares me a little as a RT because of the alligator arms, but I guess they now have a right side where either guy (Hunt, Eich) can play Guard or Tackle. Clearly, they still need a Center, but not sure that will happen this season. Maybe Josh Myers slips into R3.
What scares me more is the premium on RT for us with Tua being a lefty. Take Jenkins at 36 and it is much less concerning.

Advertisement
Eichenberg is my guy. He should’ve gone first round. He will start a decade.
I defer to you. I watched the highlight from when their guard was drafted and Eichenberg looked terrible.

We did have a 'Berg' on the OL once that was pretty good if I recall...First name Bob.

Advertisement
I was on board with every pick in this draft, but Hunter Long? Good TE, but definitely not what we need compared to Center, LB, RB. May be trying to trade Gesicki

I like Hunter Long better than most. Solid workmanlike player. Phins are a Kylin Hill away from a very good draft. Not perfect but hit a lot of needs.

Advertisement
I like Hunter Long better than most. Solid workmanlike player. Phins are a Kylin Hill away from a very good draft. Not perfect but hit a lot of needs.
Won't know I guess until they play but I just think we missed some chances and it started with Sewell. We grab Sewell then we get Moore or another WR in the second and don't have to blow our 2022 3d rounder obtained in the SF trade to move up for a guy who looks stiff to me for a tackle.

So far no center or game changing RBs which were team needs. We did take a safety I think we get later perhaps and a TE who is more of a luxury pick to me. Was Safety that immediate or is he that good? If Phillips stays healthy and is a stud, and this Safety is that good...You can't lose if the other team doesn't score.

Won't know I guess until they play but I just think we missed some chances and it started with Sewell. We grab Sewell then we get Moore or another WR in the second and don't have to blow our 2022 3d rounder obtained in the SF trade to move up for a guy who looks stiff to me for a tackle.

So far no center or game changing RBs which were team needs. We did take a safety I think we get later perhaps and a TE who is more of a luxury pick to me. Was Safety that immediate or is he that good? If Phillips stays healthy and is a stud, and this Safety is that good...You can't lose if the other team doesn't score.
Yeah it's a fair debate. Sewell and Eskridge or Waddle and Eichenberg. I like all 4 players so it's a tossup for me.

Meinerz is still available somehow and there are plenty of good RBs left. Etienne and Javonte weren't worth the draft capital they got imo.

Gesicki is in his last year and could get traded. Dolphins viewed TE as a big need. 2022 looks like a deep TE class but teams rarely look ahead.

He was the focal point of BC’s offense which is unusual in this era. I would’ve preferred Trey Sermon or Brevin (more dynamic) but Long is a quality player.

Hopefully this means we’re not paying Gesicki.

Advertisement
Back