NFL Dolphins draft plan

How does a 6th rounder for Bridgewater on a 1year $10mil salary preclude them from targeting a QB? Draft QB, cut Lock, job well done.

This Bridgewater deal could've been delayed until Saturday. I view it as a signal that the Panthers want teams to think they're considering QB to push a lineman down to them, while the Broncos want teams to think they're set at QB so their guy falls to them at 9. Their GM is loath to trade up he comes from the Minnesota pipeline where they only trade down.

Media is treating every team like a giant open book when smokescreens are the name of the game in draft season.
Panthers gave up like a 6th, 2nd, and another pick for Darnold. They won't be selecting a QB or, they are attending the Houston Texans school of general management. They obviously feel Darnold is their guy so recouped a draft pick for Bridgewater who isn't anybody's "guy".

Denver gave up a draft pick for Bridgewater so the thought of giving up more to move up to take a QB would be well...See above and Houston Texans comment. They won't be cutting Lock outright.

Of course it is all smoke and mirrors. Of course nobody knows what anyone will do. You can only guess based on the info and what you think.

I think we lost a potential trade partner. I think we didn't get enough for dropping out of the Chase/Pitts sweepstakes if that ends up happening. I think I would be happy with Sewell. I think I don't know more than anyone else lol.

Advertisement
Panthers gave up like a 6th, 2nd, and another pick for Darnold. They won't be selecting a QB or, they are attending the Houston Texans school of general management. They obviously feel Darnold is their guy so recouped a draft pick for Bridgewater who isn't anybody's "guy".

Denver gave up a draft pick for Bridgewater so the thought of giving up more to move up to take a QB would be well...See above and Houston Texans comment. They won't be cutting Lock outright.

Of course it is all smoke and mirrors. Of course nobody knows what anyone will do. You can only guess based on the info and what you think.

I think we lost a potential trade partner. I think we didn't get enough for dropping out of the Chase/Pitts sweepstakes if that ends up happening. I think I would be happy with Sewell. I think I don't know more than anyone else lol.
The Panthers are desperate to get a franchise QB. A future 2nd and 4th doesn't signal a big commitment to a vet QB. They were willing to give up their pick, a 4th and a 6th (Bridgewater) for Matt Stafford. If they draft a QB at 8 that's paying the same price + a future 2nd for 2 shots at your franchise QB. The alternative is putting all your eggs in one basket like the Dolphins are doing with Tua which is a much bigger risk in my opinion. QB is a position you have to get right at all costs. Keep in mind they don't really have a backup right now. That XFL kid can't play.

I just don't think the Panthers like the QBs beyond Lawrence and Wilson, which is idiotic but they're a garbage franchise so they will do dumb ****. Same goes for Atlanta drafting a TE for a capped-out roster with tons of holes and an aging average starter QB. I watched the Titans a lot under Arthur Smith and TE was one of the lowest value positions on the team. They block and get some red zone usage. But here we are. Great time to be a Bucs fan.

6th round pick and 10mil salary is exactly what you'd expect to pay for a bridge starter/vet backup. Lock still hasn't learned the offense, is abrasive and has been awful. Jay Glazer reported no teams are interested in trading for him. This is the perfect opportunity to draft a rookie and that means cutting Lock, who probably ends up on a practice squad like Rosen. Broncos are posturing in my opinion. They have a good roster in place, thought they were getting Stafford and now they're content with Lock and Bridgewater? I'll believe it when I see it.

Will the Falcons draft a QB?​

(1:30 PM ET on PFN’s Draft Insiders) The chances of the Atlanta Falcons drafting a quarterback are higher than what is being reported right now. If they go QB, look for them to potentially trade back to No. 6 with the Miami Dolphins.

(1:30 PM ET on PFN’s Draft Insiders) The chances of the Atlanta Falcons drafting a quarterback are higher than what is being reported right now. If they go QB, look for them to potentially trade back to No. 6 with the Miami Dolphins.

Why would fish do that? that means one of Chase/Pitts will be there.

Would be good move on Atlanta's part though because not too often you get to draft #4

These ****** are going to trade down from three and then trade back up twice to go to four? I can’t believe this to have weight to it.

Advertisement
Why would fish do that? that means one of Chase/Pitts will be there.

Would be good move on Atlanta's part though because not too often you get to draft #4
Pitts is the #1 guy on their board. I guess they thought he'd be there at 6 and were dead wrong?

Pitts is the #1 guy on their board. I guess they thought he'd be there at 6 and were dead wrong?
If ATL was going to take a QB then there is a good chance he is there at 6.

Looked up ATL board for fun and their fans are all over the place between Pitts, QB, and trading down. Kind of like everyone elses fan base like you and i LOL

If ATL was going to take a QB then there is a good chance he is there at 6.

Looked up ATL board for fun and their fans are all over the place between Pitts, QB, and trading down. Kind of like everyone elses fan base like you and i LOL
Well the Cincy debate is interesting. Though I feel strongly about the Chase/Pitts side there are legit arguments for an OT.

For the teams picking high who don't have a (young) franchise QB there should be no debate. You take Lance or Fields. And I include the Dolphins and Eagles in that group - they already blew it.

Advertisement
If one of the QBs is at 6 I wouldn't be shocked to see them trade down a few spots and load up on more picks.

If Pitts or Chase are both gone by 6, Miami is trading back. The isn’t a big enough separation between Sewell and the other available lineman.

Waddle was this years number 1 pick and also another number one we gave up to move back into the top 10.

Best tackle around maybe worth TWO Number Ones but not a small WR. Grier needs to go.

Jets move up to protect their QB. Chargers protect their QB. Well, at least it wasn't another Charles Harris or Ted Ginn.

Grier got played trading too early.

Waddle was this years number 1 pick and also another number one we gave up to move back into the top 10.

Best tackle around maybe worth TWO Number Ones but not a small WR. Grier needs to go.

Jets move up to protect their QB. Chargers protect their QB. Well, at least it wasn't another Charles Harris or Ted Ginn.

Grier got played trading too early.
Coulda had Parsons, Slater or AVT at 12 and any number of talented smaller WRs on Day 2.

Waddle had the lowest yards per target of any top WR/TE Tua threw to at Bama. Does Tua have the arm talent to take advantage of Waddle's (and Fuller's) vertical skills? I don't get it. Waddle bailed Tua out of some bad throws at Bama and it gets tougher in the NFL.

Advertisement
lmfao. Grier says he didn’t think Waddle would be there at 6.

I’m ok with waddle but come on with that BS.

It’s obvious pitts/chase was the target but he played himself with the trade up.

Btw i’m glad pitts didn’t fall to us. Chase was who I wanted but oh well.

Last edited:
lmfao. Grier says he didn’t think Waddle would be there at 6.

I’m ok with waddle but come on with that BS.

It’s obvious pitts/chase was the target but he played himself with the trade up.

Btw i’m glad pitts didn’t fall to us. Chase was who I wanted but oh well.
He didn’t think he’d be there at 9, not 6. Nothing wrong with a Waddle at 6. He fits better with the Fins realistically with already having 3 outside Receivers. They said they didn’t care for players who opted out and that held true.

Screenshot_20210430-091624_Facebook.jpg

Advertisement
He didn’t think he’d be there at 9, not 6. Nothing wrong with a Waddle at 6. He fits better with the Fins realistically with already having 3 outside Receivers. They said they didn’t care for players who opted out and that held true.

I agree that Waddle would have come off the board soon after the fins pick. That said, I think Sewell should have been the pick. I think it was kiper that made the comment that had he played in 2020, Sewell would be an ogden type of prospect. The dude is just dominant.

I agree that Waddle would have come off the board soon after the fins pick. That said, I think Sewell should have been the pick. I think it was kiper that made the comment that had he played in 2020, Sewell would be an ogden type of prospect. The dude is just dominant.
Agreed, if Teven Jenkins falls to 36 that could be the steal of the draft. Can’t go wrong at 36 with Jenkins, JOK, Javonte Williams, and Creed available.

Agreed, if Teven Jenkins falls to 36 that could be the steal of the draft. Can’t go wrong at 36 with Jenkins, JOK, Javonte Williams, and Creed available.

Jenkins would be ideal at that spot for the fins.

Solid first day. Never would have taken a 5'9 receiver at 6 over Sewell, but Waddle's play speed is freaky even among pro athletes. Very interesting that Saban compared his competitiveness to Kobe/Jordan. The fact that he played in the title game speaks to that.

Phillips was a home run. He is an oligarch version of Van Ginkel.

The tackles make sense at 35. Eichenberg or Jenkins. Javonte Williams is a solid culture/style fit but I'd get RB later.

At 50, give me Holland or Diablo. Meinerz is interesting, too. Michael Carter and Trey Sermon are legit options at 50 or the 3rd rounder if we don't pick Williams. Surratt and Browning fit at LB and Brevin would give us another competitive playmaker.

Advertisement
Back