• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

NFL Dolphins draft plan

wspcane

Recruit
Best safety prospect in the draft IMO.
That’s fine but was it really a need or a luxury because we have two big ass holes on our OL that NEED to get filled and had some great players sitting there at those positions.

CaneDawgCrew

Sophomore
So they traded 50 and a 3rd in 22 to take Eichenberg at 42. But was the safety really going before 50? Why not take Jenkins or Eichenberg at 36 and keep the 3rd?
I don't know anything about the ND tackle other than he didn't look all that quick in pass protection.

It was a panic move by Grier IMO. He was probably shocked Jenkins got drafted.

CaneDawgCrew

Sophomore
RB and LB are needs for the remaining rounds
What RB? Game changers look gone...I would trade up again and take Creed or that UW Whitewater Center. Anything else is just the bonus plan I think but center is a need and if you get Creed he is yours for several years.

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
Not mad at either of the R2 picks. Holland is the best Safety in the draft and probably a 1st rounder on a "normal" year where he doesn't opt out and there's a combine. His skills in Flores' defense will stand out. They're a couple positions away from having an elite defense (if Phillips stays healthy and reaches his potential).

Eichenberg scares me a little as a RT because of the alligator arms, but I guess they now have a right side where either guy (Hunt, Eich) can play Guard or Tackle. Clearly, they still need a Center, but not sure that will happen this season. Maybe Josh Myers slips into R3.

wspcane

Recruit
Not mad at either of the R2 picks. Holland is the best Safety in the draft and probably a 1st rounder on a "normal" year where he doesn't opt out and there's a combine. His skills in Flores' defense will stand out. They're a couple positions away from having an elite defense (if Phillips stays healthy and reaches his potential).

Eichenberg scares me a little as a RT because of the alligator arms, but I guess they now have a right side where either guy (Hunt, Eich) can play Guard or Tackle. Clearly, they still need a Center, but not sure that will happen this season. Maybe Josh Myers slips into R3.
What scares me more is the premium on RT for us with Tua being a lefty. Take Jenkins at 36 and it is much less concerning.

CaneDawgCrew

Sophomore
Eichenberg is my guy. He should’ve gone first round. He will start a decade.
I defer to you. I watched the highlight from when their guard was drafted and Eichenberg looked terrible.

We did have a 'Berg' on the OL once that was pretty good if I recall...First name Bob.

RC26

Recruit
I was on board with every pick in this draft, but Hunter Long? Good TE, but definitely not what we need compared to Center, LB, RB. May be trying to trade Gesicki

HighSeas

Sophomore
I like Hunter Long better than most. Solid workmanlike player. Phins are a Kylin Hill away from a very good draft. Not perfect but hit a lot of needs.