NFL Dolphins draft plan

Solid first day. Never would have taken a 5'9 receiver at 6 over Sewell, but Waddle's play speed is freaky even among pro athletes. Very interesting that Saban compared his competitiveness to Kobe/Jordan. The fact that he played in the title game speaks to that.

Phillips was a home run. He is an oligarch version of Van Ginkel.

The tackles make sense at 35. Eichenberg or Jenkins. Javonte Williams is a solid culture/style fit but I'd get RB later.

At 50, give me Holland or Diablo. Meinerz is interesting, too. Michael Carter and Trey Sermon are legit options at 50 or the 3rd rounder if we don't pick Williams. Surratt and Browning fit at LB and Brevin would give us another competitive playmaker.
Need a Center somewhere, maybe they go J Williams if he’s there at 36 and Center/Tackle at 50 but my money is on best OL at 36 and maybe trade back up to get Williams, if not, best LB/S available at 50 and address RB at 81.

Advertisement
Need a Center somewhere, maybe they go J Williams if he’s there at 36 and Center/Tackle at 50 but my money is on best OL at 36 and maybe trade back up to get Williams, if not, best LB/S available at 50 and address RB at 81.
I am thinking ATL may take Williams because they need a RB
Cincy may go Jenkins to protect Burrow since they went Chase

Miami then should just grab JOK or TCU safety and then...

Call Washington and ask for Flowers back.

Even though I like Waddle as a player/prospect just fine, I despise the idea of taking his style of WR at #6 overall. Yes, there is a possibility he turns into a Tyreek Hill-like impact player. Apparently, the Dolphins don't employ statisticians, though. Between that likelihood and the likelihood that Tua turns into Drew Brees, we seemingly have played on the wrong side of probabilities with a #5 and #6 overall pick. In consecutive years.

Here's to praying it all turns out best or at least somewhere in the medium range, but trading from #12 to #6 (and, yes, I realize they were likely trying to do something totally different by either being in the middle of another QB trade or having Pitts/Chase fall) only to get a niche player with outlier probabilities of being worth #6 value may be haunting. Elijah Moore may likely be sitting there at #36. Imagine the scenario we would have just stuck at 12 and drafted OT Slater (yes, surprised he fell there, but those are the probabilities you play, or just take whoever is left of Parsons, Smith, Waddle, etc.).

The question becomes: would you prefer Waddle/Phillips/OT (I think Jenkins may go to Bengals) or Slater/Phillips/Moore?

Whatever. We shall see.

Even though I like Waddle as a player/prospect just fine, I despise the idea of taking his style of WR at #6 overall. Yes, there is a possibility he turns into a Tyreek Hill-like impact player. Apparently, the Dolphins don't employ statisticians, though. Between that likelihood and the likelihood that Tua turns into Drew Brees, we seemingly have played on the wrong side of probabilities with a #5 and #6 overall pick. In consecutive years.

Here's to praying it all turns out best or at least somewhere in the medium range, but trading from #12 to #6 (and, yes, I realize they were likely trying to do something totally different by either being in the middle of another QB trade or having Pitts/Chase fall) only to get a niche player with outlier probabilities of being worth #6 value may be haunting. Elijah Moore may likely be sitting there at #36. Imagine the scenario we would have just stuck at 12 and drafted OT Slater (yes, surprised he fell there, but those are the probabilities you play, or just take whoever is left of Parsons, Smith, Waddle, etc.).

The question becomes: would you prefer Waddle/Phillips/OT (I think Jenkins may go to Bengals) or Slater/Phillips/Moore?

Whatever. We shall see.
I thought the same but then Grier said last night they turned down trade offers for 6. He could be full of **** and it could be what was offered was either not enough or not in the right part of the first round, but if taking him at face value then Waddle was a target of theirs at 6. Which is baffling.

Advertisement
Waddle is a total freak. He’s going to be really special imo.
He better be.

We gave up Chase or Pitts AND a first round pick AND a third round pick for the right to take him. I am really stoked but to be honest that is something Houston would do.

We wouldn't give up that much for Rodgers.

Edit...I really want to be wrong in a year or two.

He better be.

We gave up Chase or Pitts AND a first round pick AND a third round pick for the right to take him. I am really stoked but to be honest that is something Houston would do.

We wouldn't give up that much for Rodgers.

Edit...I really want to be wrong in a year or two.

It doesn’t work that way. We didn’t give them up, we parlayed position to acquire more picks. You’re discounting the future 1st rounder and other picks we got for moving from 3 to 12 initially.

It doesn’t work that way. We didn’t give them up, we parlayed position to acquire more picks. You’re discounting the future 1st rounder and other picks we got for moving from 3 to 12 initially.
No we could have had either Pitts or Chase. Instead of taking one of them we moved up to 6 giving up those picks...So not factoring in either player let's just say Waddle is worth 2 first round draft picks and a third. Either way, me no likie likie

Some buzz on Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah to Fins. He’s a stud assuming no medical red flags. Interesting fit considering we have Baker.

Advertisement
I am thinking ATL may take Williams because they need a RB
Cincy may go Jenkins to protect Burrow since they went Chase

Miami then should just grab JOK or TCU safety and then...

Call Washington and ask for Flowers back.
I'd be surprised. He's not a wide zone back. At UNC he basically just ran Counter and showed lousy processing/vision. They put in Carter for zone plays.

I bet ATL takes Sermon or Herbert. Maybe they trade down or wait for the 3rd. They have a ton of needs on D.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best safety prospect in the draft IMO.
That’s fine but was it really a need or a luxury because we have two big *** holes on our OL that NEED to get filled and had some great players sitting there at those positions.

Advertisement
Back