Does UM has a S&C problem?

Advertisement
Honest questions... I don't see our athletes as physically developed as other programs, not as explosive. I see our players don't get injured as often which is positive

Do we have a problem at S&C?

Is it the athletes the other programs are recruiting?

Are other programs using "substances" we are not utilizing?
We have a ton of kids that have gotten bigger and better, we aren’t pumping the kids with horse steroids like others. Lame post just because a couple guys Pope and Wiggins dont add weight

They are in good shape, just coaching issues, they look weaker because not sure of what to do, from I what I have seen we are si ply out coached when play teams with similar talent.
Just an Old Guys opinion, not worth much.

They already looked like that physically WHEN THEY ENROLLED.
Did you not see Cam, Chaney and Restrepo before they got here?
Yes, Restrepo is not big, he was 5’10 175 when he came in. Cam and Chaney had thick lower bodies but again not big. Again I’m comparing it to what I see up in my area.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, Restrepo is not big, he was 5’10 175 when he came in. Cam and Chaney had thick lower bodies but again not big. Again I’m comparing it to what I see up in my area.
LOL. No he wasn't. He was 190lbs when he came in.
He wasn't even 175lbs during his Senior year of high school ball

Cam and Chaney have BEEN swole. Chaney was over 200lbs after his Junior year of high school.

Some of yall just say whatever. lol

Advertisement
You’re missing the point. Of course, the culture is the problem, but Richt wanted improvements in the S&C program, including nutrition. Doesn’t mean it will work if players don’t make the effort to train and eat properly.

Miami didn’t have a IPF. They funded one. Didn’t guarantee any more wins.

All of that infrastructure improvement was still needed.
Bring in Trump as AD.

LOL. No he wasn't. He was 190lbs when he came in.
He wasn't even 175lbs during his Senior year of high school ball

Cam and Chaney have BEEN swole. Chaney was over 200lbs after his Junior year of high school.

Some of yall just say whatever. lol
It ain’t whatever you’re comparing them to what you see in South Florida, I’m comparing to what I seen and see where I’m at. Take a look at NJ Audric Estime, he’s a legit 6’1 215 and swole. His whole team looks like that, as does Bergen Catholic, St Peters, Paramus Catholic, DePaul etc. Jabrill Peppers looked like Cam does now as a Junior. You got to understand being in the North during the winter you’re not outside from Dec-late Feb working on plays and no one has indoor Facilities, basketball has the gyms, so you have nothing else to do as a football team but to workout. All the schools have legit weight rooms and trainers. Again at 16 the had me a little guy benching 315 and squatting 400lbs. By Senior year I was 5’6 190 and built like a tank.

Advertisement
It ain’t whatever you’re comparing them to what you see in South Florida, I’m comparing to what I seen and see where I’m at. Take a look at NJ Audric Estime, he’s a legit 6’1 215 and swole. His whole team looks like that, as does Bergen Catholic, St Peters, Paramus Catholic, DePaul etc. Jabrill Peppers looked like Cam does now as a Junior. You got to understand being in the North during the winter you’re not outside from Dec-late Feb working on plays and no one has indoor Facilities, basketball has the gyms, so you have nothing else to do as a football team but to workout. All the schools have legit weight rooms and trainers. Again at 16 the had me a little guy benching 315 and squatting 400lbs. By Senior year I was 5’6 190 and built like a tank.
1. I'm telling you that you're wrong about Restrepo and them. Then you deflected.

2. You weren't benching 315 @ 160lbs @ 16 years old.

3. The South Florida kids that go to Bama, Georgia, Clemson, etc...seem to be big enough.

The kids don't only work on speed down here. Do you not remember what Denzel Perryman looked like coming to Miami?

1. I'm telling you that you're wrong about Restrepo and them. Then you deflected.

3. The South Florida kids that go to Bama, Georgia, Clemson, etc...seem to be big enough.

The kids don't only work on speed down here. Do you not remember what Denzel Perryman looked like coming to Miami?
No dog in this fight, but #2 is actually not that unrealistic. I was heavy into sports (wrestling and football) and benched over 315 while wrestling 160. I will say being short and stocky helped, but it isn't that crazy. And I wrestled a lot of kids that were stronger than me. Think I was 17 soon to be 18. Think my max was around 275 at 16.

I didn’t deflect, I went back and looked at his Instagram pictures, he wasn’t 190 I don’t care what they put in print, they are always pumping up weight and heights. I **** sure was putting up 3 plates at 16 and by senior year I was doing 225 for 27 times. Even at 40 before they closed gyms up here I was still doing 335 and 225 for 21. Perryman was big yes, but we had half a dozen players that looked like him. I watch the off season workouts and see what they do in the weight room.

I didn’t deflect, I went back and looked at his Instagram pictures, he wasn’t 190 I don’t care what they put in print, they are always pumping up weight and heights. I **** sure was putting up 3 plates at 16 and by senior year I was doing 225 for 27 times. Even at 40 before they closed gyms up here I was still doing 335 and 225 for 21. Perryman was big yes, but we had half a dozen players that looked like him. I watch the off season workouts and see what they do in the weight room.
How are YOU, in New Jersey, gonna tell me how much Restrepo weighed WHEN I PERSONALLY KNOW/COACHED THE KID?
And what's worse is, you're basing it off his Instagram pics. 😆

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Advertisement
Back