Does Dave Hyde know anything?

Advertisement
The decision makers, whoever they are, need to ***** or get off the toilet. The decision really isn't all that difficult. AD Jurich or Highsmith, pick one and let them start work. HC ask Cristobal, yes or no, if yes sign him, if no sign Lane. Just make a **** decision. Recruiting on the line people. Two huge programs made their decisions and we still analyzing data, exactly what wine and cheese programs do. Wouldn't be surprised if Oklahoma made a decision before us and Oklahoma snags Lane.
Yeah this needs to be done within the next few days, get the ad and as soon as possible get the answer on Mario because lsu just got their targeted coach swiped and Im starting to get nervous they go after lane

How they can make the quantum leap of: Mario says no then let's bypass Kiffin and just stick with Diaz would be the epitome of insanity and probably be the death knell of this program
Agreed. From my personal perspective, my wish list is Mario, Lane, Stoops as Plan A, B, C respectively. Manny Diaz isn't even plan Z at this point. Make a change, even if it's your 8th option. With Diaz you know you're not going to succeed. Why stick with a failed product?

Advertisement
Agreed. From my personal perspective, my wish list is Mario, Lane, Stoops as Plan A, B, C respectively. Manny Diaz isn't even plan Z at this point. Make a change, even if it's your 8th option. With Diaz you know you're not going to succeed. Why stick with a failed product?
I’d take lashlee as hc before taking Diaz back for another year

Anyone that seriously suggests Ken Dorsey as a legitimate HC candidate is not a credible person....but then again we are us so anything is possible.
Dorsey as HC would be an absolute nightmare. I love Dorsey, but that guy needs to cut his teeth as a HC at a lower level first.

Advertisement
"With the college football world turning fast - USC hired Lincoln Riley; Florida hired Billy Napier - Miami’s hasn’t moved on a coach because ... president Julio Frenk prefers the new athletic director to decide on the coach, a source said.

2. The athletic director hiring is expected Monday or Tuesday, according to a source. Miami said it would take two weeks to name an athletic director from the Nov. 16 firing of Blake James. That two weeks is done Monday.

Alonzo Highsmith, the former Cane and NFL front-office executive, is the clear front-runner. Another former Cane who talked with Miami decision-makers: Gino Torretta. Highsmith has the backing of some key Board of Trustees, would be a popular choice in the community, but would have to lean on some NCAA-savvy administrators to do the nuts-and-bolts of the job. He doesn’t have that background. What he does bring is a football mind and ...

3. The thought he could make the best run at another UM football alu, Mario Cristobal. Everything to do with a football program is better for Cristobal at Oregon. The only lure Miami has for Cristobal and his wife is living where they grew up and his return to the Canes program. Cristobal flew back into Miami this weekend to visit his mother, who in a hospital. But that had nothing to do with the coaching search. Who knows how much any of this means to Cristobal?

4. Lane Kiffin is the other good option for Miami. He wants the job. Kiffin likes South Florida, and still has his Boca Raton home from coaching Florida Atlantic. He took Mississippi to a 10-2 record and No. 9 ranking in the rugged Southeastern Conference. He’s a good fit for Miami from his offensive mind and quirky personality. The knock is he’s not a great recruiter and his career choices in his youth, hopping from the Oakland Raiders to USC to Tennessee. He’s 46 now. He’d be a good fit for Miami.

5. The question for Miami is if Cristobal isn’t interested and the school doesn’t want Kiffin if the next-best option is Manny Diaz coming back. Another who wants the job: Ken Dorsey, the former Miami quarterback now Buffalo’s quarterback coach. Diaz loses offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee, who is taking the SMU job. That’s a big loss considering this season’s comeback was built around Lashlee’s offense and quarterback Tyler Van Dyke’s arm.

And the clock is ticking."

Same collection of known information that everyone else has posted. At least we know Hyde reads CIS.

Advertisement
He said Dorsey a few weeks back actually as well as kiffin and cristobal
I believe it. And the problem is that we don't know if it is necessarily just the local media being beyond lazy and just throwing out a name that their senior citizen readers will recognize or if they have a "sauce" on the BoT that is either a moron and/or a fanboy and just trying to do a solid for a former player and is pushing to give Kenny a courtesy interview. He's not a serious candidate- even at a fundamentally unserious school.

This is all the same fluff. Zo should not be the full autonomous AD, he should be a football czar and learn under someone who’s done this before (Jurich or others that are qualified). But we’re speaking to a brick wall here.

I think a couple weeks ago, that was the sentiment. However, based on insider reports, Zo supposedly blew away his interview for the search firm and Zo himself has repositioned himself to go for the AD gig. He supposedly has "a plan" for the AD spot which has folks considering him for that gig.

Advertisement
Stoops is a better coach than Mario
B1F1F9AD-BC28-453E-B39B-680273A4A959.gif

Advertisement
Back