Does Culture Flowe from Geography?

Advertisement
So lemme get this straight, Miami(and the rest of SFL), with enough ex-New Yorkers to make a 6th borough called Manhattaqueebrooklonx Island, is considered more to be the South than Clemson?!?! South Carolina?!?! Ok bruh. Take it from a native Miamian with Southern roots, Clemson will NEVER be considered as "East Coast" before Miami. Geographically, Miami is the South but culturally we're our own unique beast. It's an amalgamation of the South, Caribbean and Latin America, and the real East Coast. Personally, I call South Florida America's Caribbean. ****, Nassau and Havana are a lot closer in distance to us than Atlanta or Charlotte. Just gotta go over a lil water is all...
Man these guys. The only thing South about Miami is it's geography. I still struggle to find a decent Soul Food restaurant down here. Miami is absolutely more East Coast than Southern. The only time Miami is the South is in rap records.

People have to get off this “10 wins…” thing. It’s not true. 10 wins will not get it done.

- 10 wins gets you noticed but OOS 5*’s have options and 10 wins … just the minimum allowable unless you have a staff with Championship rings (conference at least).
- Beating good teams actually puts you at the table
- CFP puts you in the final decision

1. Miami can’t lose a regular season game. Just can’t.
2. Miami has to beat Clemson (at least once) for this kid to seriously, SERIOUSLY consider Miami.
3. Some of y’all don’t want to hear this … but UGA needs to not win in JAX and not win the SEC east.
Don’t agree with #3. But the other 2 yes I completely agree

So lemme get this straight, Miami(and the rest of SFL), with enough ex-New Yorkers to make a 6th borough called Manhattaqueebrooklonx Island, is considered more to be the South than Clemson?!?! South Carolina?!?! Ok bruh. Take it from a native Miamian with Southern roots, Clemson will NEVER be considered as "East Coast" before Miami. Geographically, Miami is the South but culturally we're our own unique beast. It's an amalgamation of the South, Caribbean and Latin America, and the real East Coast. Personally, I call South Florida America's Caribbean. ****, Nassau and Havana are a lot closer in distance to us than Atlanta or Charlotte. Just gotta go over a lil water is all...
Having hung out a lot on the Carolina Panthers and Miami Hurricanes boards (as a foreigner) you're definitely different beasts.

Advertisement
Yeah... sounds like he's just catering to the fan bases of who ever is interviewing him. He only talks about Miami when asked by Miami sites.

see kid like him plays the crooting game the right way.... he needs to ov on a good weekend... what game you guys think would be good for our best recruits to come too?(sorry if I missed another thread on this topic)

People have to get off this “10 wins…” thing. It’s not true. 10 wins will not get it done.

- 10 wins gets you noticed but OOS 5*’s have options and 10 wins … just the minimum allowable unless you have a staff with Championship rings (conference at least).
- Beating good teams actually puts you at the table
- CFP puts you in the final decision

1. Miami can’t lose a regular season game. Just can’t.
2. Miami has to beat Clemson (at least once) for this kid to seriously, SERIOUSLY consider Miami.
3. Some of y’all don’t want to hear this … but UGA needs to not win in JAX and not win the SEC east.

10 wins means **** if you don’t beat anyone with a pulse. Lose to Florida and FSU and its irrelevant.

image.gif

Advertisement
It’s more east coast than Miami. If you were being honest with yourself, who do you really think Mike was talking about? I don’t know if any powerhouse schools on the east coast? Unless Mike is a moron and considers Clemson, Georgia, Miami east coast. Maybe Penn St?

Florida is the east coast.... and Uga/Clemson wouldn’t be much of a surprise, so that means Miami...

Maybe someone should ask Mike what he considered east coast.

Advertisement
Yeah Miami isn’t considered “east coast” it is the south. Y’all hyping yourselves up again just to be let down. East coast would be Clemson
I get that we have no chance at this kid. But WTF, Miami is literally on the east coast. If anything people would probably more refer to Miami as east coast than they would as southern. Even though those terms are not at all mutually exclusive, as you seem to think lol.

Advertisement
I get that we have no chance at this kid. But WTF, Miami is literally on the east coast. If anything people would probably more refer to Miami as east coast than they would as southern. Even though those terms are not at all mutually exclusive, as you seem to think lol.

Nothing “southern” about Miami outside of certain spots in Homestead and Cutler Bay.

You contradicted yourself

Touché.

All jokes aside, FSU is and will never be a easy win unless our QB play improves dramatically.

Advertisement
Back