Does Culture Flowe from Geography?

I said from the get go that we would have a shot and not just a shot but a great shot. I'll go one step further now. I think we land Flowe but that is contingent on us having a very good season. We don't have to go undefeated or be in the playoffs we just have to prove that this staff is moving us in the right direction and is ultimately capable of reaching the playoffs and winning a title. Our defense needs to play well and I have no reason to expect they won't.

I truly think we have a lot going for us. Flowe has family here, he loves the area, he loves the staff and he knows that he and his brother can play here together. We are the only school that he is sure is getting an official. I'm going to say it right now. Flowe is ours to lose. His interest is and has always been genuine. We need to keep recruiting him like he is our top target up until NSD. We do that and the other things I mentioned above and we have a fantastic opportunity to earn his signature. Flowe could very well be this staffs and this eras version of DJ Williams. That 5 star LB recruit from California that nobody gave us a chance to sign.

As was Jessie Armstead the premier LB in the country and out-of-state, too.

Advertisement
I remember the recruitment of Armstead and D.J. pretty well. I'm beginning to get the feeling we're recruiting like we did back then. Need to show out on the field but I'm beginning to get the feeling I used to have back then. I have that feeling of confidence returning.

I'm mildly optimistic about this kid.

I remember the recruitment of Armstead and D.J. pretty well. I'm beginning to get the feeling we're recruiting like we did back then. Need to show out on the field but I'm beginning to get the feeling I used to have back then. I have that feeling of confidence returning.

Every kid is different and every single situation is unique. Some kids are only looking for a pay day. Some kids are solely focused on playing early. Some kids are drawn to a location. Some prioritize education. Etc etc etc. But to say Miami CANNOT land this kid or a kid like him is absurd. Sure, cash is usually king. And more often than not, the allure of that plus playing for a program that’s on top right now is going to win out. But it won’t in every situation. Recruit the **** out of the kid, go win a ton of games this fall and see what happens. He’s clearly got interest. Make your case.

Advertisement

The whole podcast is good but around 1:36:00 in, Rohan gives some great insight to where we stand.
RM knew about Justin since he was kid because he has a friend in the industry who is JF’s uncle.
Justin met Rohan and told him that he’s been watching his videos since he was 9 years old.
UM coaches set Rohan up to meet Justin but he had no idea he was Flowe’s idol.
Flowe wants to be a Cane but we need to do our part.

And Rohan’s Number will be available next year once Trajan declares to the draft... coincidence... I. Think. Not. 🤯

What was the recruitment of Armstead like?

Advertisement

Lot of feelings in this post.

The whole podcast is good but around 1:36:00 in, Rohan gives some great insight to where we stand.
RM knew about Justin since he was kid because he has a friend in the industry who is JF’s uncle.
Justin met Rohan and told him that he’s been watching his videos since he was 9 years old.
His brother doesn't tweet much about schools but all about Miami during Paradise.

I said from the get go that we would have a shot and not just a shot but a great shot. I'll go one step further now. I think we land Flowe but that is contingent on us having a very good season. We don't have to go undefeated or be in the playoffs we just have to prove that this staff is moving us in the right direction and is ultimately capable of reaching the playoffs and winning a title. Our defense needs to play well and I have no reason to expect they won't.

I truly think we have a lot going for us. Flowe has family here, he loves the area, he loves the staff and he knows that he and his brother can play here together. We are the only school that he is sure is getting an official. I'm going to say it right now. Flowe is ours to lose. His interest is and has always been genuine. We need to keep recruiting him like he is our top target up until NSD. We do that and the other things I mentioned above and we have a fantastic opportunity to earn his signature. Flowe could very well be this staffs and this eras version of DJ Williams. That 5 star LB recruit from California that nobody gave us a chance to sign that ended up signing with UM and immediately preceded a dominant run for the program. Let's hope that in this case history repeats itself.
welcome to the bandwagon!

I truly think we have a lot going for us. Flowe has family here, he loves the area, he loves the staff and he knows that he and his brother can play here together. We are the only school that he is sure is getting an official. I'm going to say it right now. Flowe is ours to lose. His interest is and has always been genuine. We need to keep recruiting him like he is our top target up until NSD. We do that and the other things I mentioned above and we have a fantastic opportunity to earn his signature. Flowe could very well be this staffs and this eras version of DJ Williams. That 5 star LB recruit from California that nobody gave us a chance to sign that ended up signing with UM and immediately preceded a dominant run for the program. Let's hope that in this case history repeats itself.
This much Kool Aid could wipe out a small town.

Advertisement

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Miami is the south.

You done ate too much sweet potato pie. Careful - you can actually OD on that stuff.

Miami is anything but "South." Or Southern. Too many damned Yankees from up North.

Last time I was there - Miami was right on the coast - unless those Yankees done moved it and schitt it up like they did to their cities up north they were forced to abandon.

Clemson is "South." The University parking lots are divided - small ones for cars, bigger parking lots for tractors. Guess which ones are full?

Advertisement
Back