Does Culture Flowe from Geography?

I use to work for an NFL team. I still have friends who work in the NFL.

What helped Bandy is that in the past couple of years that the slot cornerback position has become much more of a premium position for teams. While they aren't sure he can stick on the outside (they're still evaluating that part of his game), they love him in the slot. Long arms, good hips & is physical in run game so can't take advantage of him there.

As long as he takes the next step in his progression this year you're looking at 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Advertisement
In regards purely to geography, Miami is the Southernmost metropolitan area in the Country.

In regards to its makeup, Miami is arguably the most unique city in the Country. In regards to culture, Miami is as Southern as New Jersey or California or the Mafia. There is nothing "southern" about Miami, culturally speaking.

I guess by your logic

Tampa, Orlando, Houston, and Atlanta shouldnt be considered the south either because of the different cultures and alot of people from the Northeast moving there.

We're not seeing any indication that Flowe wants to play football in Tampa, Orlando, Houston, or Atlanta.

Let's keep it tight.

we might be south geographically but that’s about it.
Let’s just put it this way: it’s only been in the last few years that you can actually go somewhere in Miami and get a plate of shrimp and grits or chicken and waffles.

Advertisement
we might be south geographically but that’s about it.
Let’s just put it this way: it’s only been in the last few years that you can actually go somewhere in Miami and get a plate of shrimp and grits or chicken and waffles.

Well Chicken and Waffles started as a Harlem dish not a southern dish.

Advertisement
All I know is the guy who started Roscoes always claimed he invented the meal in Harlem and then moved to LA in the 40s

Florida is America's wang, and its a very long wang. I can fly to NY, LA, Chicago, Caracas, Bogota, Mexico City, San Juan, etc.. in about as long as it takes to drive to Jacksonville or Trailerhassee.

Florida is pretty much universally considered its own zone, as we aren't connected to the deep south or piedmont from a supply chain let alone commuting perspective.

2050_Map_Megaregions2008_150.png

So...now you are comparing FLIGHTS to...driving in Florida?

Just ridiculous. Stop posting on this subject.

Did he say why his brother came to paradise and not him?

He didn't come to Paradise because he was going to the Rivals camp and the Opening the following week.

As it turned out, he either missed his flight or it was delayed so substantially he didn't make the opening per reports

Advertisement
Sure. Whatever. Then we should count LA, Phoenix, and San Antonio as part of Mexico.

Miami is, geographically, a part of the southern USA. Not Cuba or Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic.

Southern USA, by geography.

Might as well count Brownsville, San Diego, El Paso as part of Mexico as well

And here I was thinking there may be some updates on Flowe...
Hahaha.........are you new to this board? Threads like this, which stay on top for long time do that not because of constant flow of new information. It is because of non-stop irrelevant side conversations that usually end up in side arguments and then shouting at each other.

Advertisement

Former south kendall eagles, miami palmetto grads, nascar fans, fishermen, hunters, airboaters, gatorchasers, and frog giggers.

grandparents from scotland, west virginia, north carolina.

Whether it is the majority or minority Country is countrywide including Miami

I also consider shipping. Miami may be far south, but you're totally off base if you think its even a little bit Southern.

Again, you keep changing the terminology every time someone exposes you.

NOBODY is arguing that Miami is CULTURALLY southern. Most people freely acknowledge that Miami is GEOGRAPHICALLY southern.

Your comments about flying and driving times had nothing to do with culture, and everything to do with geography.

Just take the L and stop arguing.

Again, you keep changing the terminology every time someone exposes you.

NOBODY is arguing that Miami is CULTURALLY southern. Most people freely acknowledge that Miami is GEOGRAPHICALLY southern.

Your comments about flying and driving times had nothing to do with culture, and everything to do with geography.

Just take the L and stop arguing.

Geographic = transportation and economic connections, so yeah we got to consider where we're practically connected too by planes, trains and automobiles. Ours aren't to Deep South nor the Piedmont. You're struggling with the fact that we're physically south, but we're so far physically south that we are no longer Southern.

When you're ready to think beyond hur dur we're far south therefore must be Southern, I'll still be here as right as ever.

:cool:
;)

Advertisement
Back