Does anybody think the offense will be better with Homer?

BigDikCane

All-American
I think for some reason the running game might be a lil better, but **** we're going to miss Walton

Advertisement
In the fact that it will FORCE Mark Richt to be more creative and center the offense around the qb? Yes. We will become less predictive because of it

Walton was hampered the last 2 games and it showed, as to your question it might be a little better, but Walton also provided a great target out of the backfield and his pass protection blocking was really good, constantly picking up the extra man on the blitz
So I'm willing to be moderately better as long as the pass blocking doesn't drop off

Homer will have success because GT is proud and without Walton they won't take the run threat serious...

Never better when you lose your best player, but I don't think homer is a big enough drop off to cost us a game where Mark would have won it, especially if choc steps up in goaline

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
In the fact that it will FORCE Mark Richt to be more creative and center the offense around the qb? Yes. We will become less predictive because of it

I hope so.

And Walton's struggles the last two games were the result of us playing better competition imo.

A healthy Homer might get be better than a 70% Walton, but will a healthy Gray be enough to essentially offset the loss of a number two back

Advertisement
I think Homer has an impressive YPC average, doesn't he?

I feel the same way, I think Homer will prove to everyone that he is a big game players versed Virginia Tech & Notre Dame.

I don't know really. I wasn't as enamored with Walton as most it would seem, but he seemed to come out with more power and speed this year. I think Walton is the tougher runner, but Homer has more speed. Where it seems like we've forgotten both is in the passing game. I really wanted to see us using both out of the same backfield, but I guess that won't be.

Advertisement
Come on...better with a premier back not available...having two great rbs versus just one is a huge disadvantage. I loved it when Butch Davis recruited a ton of great backs and used all of them to wear teams down.

Homer is going to grind you out those 4-5 yard dirty carries. I like that about him. I would have to have to try & tackle him & Choc in the 4th.

Cane history from when we were good says yes. So since I think we are back to being good, then Homer will burst out this week and everyone will wonder how the heck did Walton keep him on the bench. Kid has talent and his chance to shine can claim the spot for himself for this and next year before he starts cashing checks. He made big plays when they matter in Tally, plays that really mattered in that last drive.

Advertisement
I think for some reason the running game might be a lil better, but **** we're going to miss Walton

I certainly didn't like the slow motion hand offs to Walton. Took way too much time, unless there was a huge hole the D was all over him.

I certainly didn't like the slow motion hand offs to Walton. Took way too much time, unless there was a huge hole the D was all over him.

This, it's plays against waltons strength imo. You can't call slow developing run plays with a patient runner like walton.

Advertisement
Back