Does anybody think the offense will be better with Homer?

A healthy Homer might get be better than a 70% Walton, but will a healthy Gray be enough to essentially offset the loss of a number two back

Exactly. Walton + Homer is better than just Homer. I don't trust the rest of the guys to provide anything more than spot duty.

Advertisement
I think for some reason the running game might be a lil better, but **** we're going to miss Walton

I certainly didn't like the slow motion hand offs to Walton. Took way too much time, unless there was a huge hole the D was all over him.

This, it's plays against waltons strength imo. You can't call slow developing run plays with a patient runner like walton.

If Homer can develop patience he will be just as good if not better than Walton. Same speed but Walton got bounced around alot. Homer falling forward for the extra yard everytime.

I think for some reason the running game might be a lil better, but **** we're going to miss Walton

I certainly didn't like the slow motion hand offs to Walton. Took way too much time, unless there was a huge hole the D was all over him.

This, it's plays against waltons strength imo. You can't call slow developing run plays with a patient runner like walton.

If Homer can develop patience he will be just as good if not better than Walton. Same speed but Walton got bounced around alot. Homer falling forward for the extra yard everytime.

I feel the draw/RPO we run out of the gun suits Homer better. He seems more of a one cut and go back.

I'm actually excited to see Homer with 20+ carries. I liked the two players, but felt they didn't play Homer enough, esp with Walton injured.

I like how he puts his foot in the ground and accelerates, and he's been good in the passing game. I think he breaks off 2 big plays in this game.

Advertisement
Cane history from when we were good says yes. So since I think we are back to being good, then Homer will burst out this week and everyone will wonder how the heck did Walton keep him on the bench. Kid has talent and his chance to shine can claim the spot for himself for this and next year before he starts cashing checks. He made big plays when they matter in Tally, plays that really mattered in that last drive.

Agreed! Cane history tells us one of the back ups might mess around and step the **** up. Choc or Dallas could mess around and show out. I would like for Richt to use Dallas similar to how a McCaffrey was used a jack of all trades type. 11 Personnel, Split out wide, motion, and angles routes would be perfect and definitely net plus yards.

Last edited:
Homer will have success because GT is proud and without Walton they won't take the run threat serious...

Never better when you lose your best player, but I don't think homer is a big enough drop off to cost us a game where Mark would have won it, especially if choc steps up in goaline

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

homer will be zero drop off

you guys just don't know..

In the fact that it will FORCE Mark Richt to be more creative and center the offense around the qb? Yes. We will become less predictive because of it

Pete thinks CMR will keep the Offense simple.

Loved Waltons attitude and pass blocking. Very reliable player in all aspects. His injury also puts a major damper on the RB depth. That being said i think Homer has a higher upside

Advertisement
Is a well done steak better than a medium rare steak? Only people with terrible judgment would say yes.

Not sure if better, but different. The injuries help get guys burn, but the depth isn't quite there yet to not see a drop off. The schedule is there to make a playoff run this season, but the depth isn't quite yet. Next year that depth will be greatly bolstered, but it will be young. So really I think it may be two years before we can sustain the injuries we have with little to no drop off. All that being said, it would not surprise me if homer goes for 1k this year and Miami wins out, the culture is totally shifting, and I think the legend of Malik Rosier is just beginning.

Not sure if better, but different. The injuries help get guys burn, but the depth isn't quite there yet to not see a drop off. The schedule is there to make a playoff run this season, but the depth isn't quite yet. Next year that depth will be greatly bolstered, but it will be young. So really I think it may be two years before we can sustain the injuries we have with little to no drop off. All that being said, it would not surprise me if homer goes for 1k this year and Miami wins out, the culture is totally shifting, and I think the legend of Malik Rosier is just beginning.

wise post

all of 2 years too, I mean ALL of it

there is zero real o line depth, it's going to take time

Advertisement

wise post

all of 2 years too, I mean ALL of it

there is zero real o line depth, it's going to take time

Thankfully while we get that depth that CMR envisions, we have number 12 at the helm. To further my point, we are sorely going to miss Redwine a starting safety for us this week, who is a converted corner. CMR and company is making the best of what we have.

I'm actually excited to see Homer with 20+ carries. I liked the two players, but felt they didn't play Homer enough, esp with Walton injured.

I like how he puts his foot in the ground and accelerates, and he's been good in the passing game. I think he breaks off 2 big plays in this game.

With Homer burst of speed, I totally se few bigger runs not getting caught. CMR will cater to suit the best out of the situation. 2tds at least vs gt.

Walton has always been a TD machine. Tough to replace that.

Better? No. Worse? Maybe not.

Advertisement
I think more importantly this question should be geared to what Choc will bring to the table when he subs for Homer. Will he be the frighteningly fast big back? Can he pass block and pick up the blitzer? Can he catch the ball out of the backfield. The way he plays may dictate whether we have a special season or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The offense will get better by virtue of getting more game reps despite who starts at RB, which is the great thing about Richt's offense.
Everyone will get better each week but we need to find a way to win the game.

Only way the offense will be better is because Richt knows he can't rely on the run heavily as he could with Walton. At no point does an offense become better when your star RB gets injured.

Cane history from when we were good says yes. So since I think we are back to being good, then Homer will burst out this week and everyone will wonder how the heck did Walton keep him on the bench. Kid has talent and his chance to shine can claim the spot for himself for this and next year before he starts cashing checks. He made big plays when they matter in Tally, plays that really mattered in that last drive.

we've been wondering how he has Walton keep homer on the bench.. It is inexcusable for homer not to at least have 8-10 carries per game, almost the same head scratcher from last season when Gus started taking yearbys touches

Advertisement
Back