Does anybody think the offense will be better with Homer?

Homer is a lot faster than Walton. They both look for contact, but in my opinion, Homer is just better.

Advertisement
It's hard to compare Walton and Homer because they are two completely different runners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's hard to compare Walton and Homer because they are two completely different runners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People forget how it was a few early Heisman talk for our great Walton. Homer was my favorite because of his speed, but rumors of suspect to coughing it up I understood Walton would get the lionshare of the load.

Yes. I've said since Spring that Homer would prove to be a better RB than Walton.

And youve been wrong since Spring. We all have high hopes for Homer, but he's not nearly as good as a healthy Walton.

You sure about that?

lol [MENTION=3319]canes1977[/MENTION] answer [MENTION=1107]bshaw28[/MENTION] s question mane...

Homer is a good back, but there is a reason he was Walton's backup. Not taking anything away from Homer, but give me a healthy Walton all day. Dude was averaging 10+ yards per carry before he got hurt.

You still sound pretty sure. I guess if you think Walton was averaging 10+ ypc you must think homer is averaging 15+ now?

Like I said a month ago - https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/%C2%92-gonna-homer/123693/4

% of people on this board that realize Homer is a better RB than Walton

- Before the Season - 5%
- After GT game - 30%
- After October - 60%
- After the Season - 90%

[MENTION=3319]canes1977[/MENTION] - Looks like you'll be in the 10% Walton group at the end of the season. I respect you for sticking to your guns.

But I'll repeat my mantra that I've been saying since August - https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/travis-homer-solid-2-rb/121034/3

This is The Year of Homer ™. Get on board, or get the f*ck out of the way!

why do we always turn against our own players... both RB's are special in their own skill set and both are studs for us.. i dont think you can say either is "wayyy" better than the other.. i dont wish for walton to leave just because homer, dallas, and the incoming guys are here... Give me THEM ALL!!!!!!!!

I'd rather have Walton and Homer as a Thunder and Lightning punch this year...but I'm alright with Homer going it with Dallas since Walton's injury.
Will Walton accept that back up running back role as a SR is all I'm saying.

With Homer coming back, and Lingard + Davis coming in the fold...I'd guess he'd probably decide to go to the draft. He's a warrior though, so you never know. He'll get drafted somewhere if he does declare, I'd think.
I SEEN Lingard play and mane, dude had like 350 yards rushing and almost 5 tds heading into the 3rd quarter.. This was in the playoffs about 2 or 3 weeks ago. He's big and has crazy speed. His running style is a lot like Mcgahee...

Honestly, if we have a stable of backs comparable to our ones in the early 2000s...though they may not be quite the collection of talent those guys were...we're going to be tough to beat week-to-week.

Advertisement
And youve been wrong since Spring. We all have high hopes for Homer, but he's not nearly as good as a healthy Walton.

You sure about that?

lol [MENTION=3319]canes1977[/MENTION] answer [MENTION=1107]bshaw28[/MENTION] s question mane...

Homer is a good back, but there is a reason he was Walton's backup. Not taking anything away from Homer, but give me a healthy Walton all day. Dude was averaging 10+ yards per carry before he got hurt.

You still sound pretty sure. I guess if you think Walton was averaging 10+ ypc you must think homer is averaging 15+ now?

Like I said a month ago - https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/%C2%92-gonna-homer/123693/4

- Before the Season - 5%
- After GT game - 30%
- After October - 60%
- After the Season - 90%

[MENTION=3319]canes1977[/MENTION] - Looks like you'll be in the 10% Walton group at the end of the season. I respect you for sticking to your guns.

But I'll repeat my mantra that I've been saying since August - https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/travis-homer-solid-2-rb/121034/3

Ok, season ended. You still think 90% of this board thinks Homer is a better RB than Walton?

You sure about that?

- Before the Season - 5%
- After GT game - 30%
- After October - 60%
- After the Season - 90%

Ok, season ended. You still think 90% of this board thinks Homer is a better RB than Walton?

Yea. At least I do. By a mile to. Give me three game against a legit opponent where Walton did anything and just for fun you can look at his entire career for the games I'm asking for. I'll give you Homer's three.

170 yards vs GT
146 yards vs ND
95 yards vs VT

Homer has 6 career 90+ yard rushing games in 2 years. Walton has 7 in 3 years here. (Homer only played 2 games last year while Walton played every game as a Fr.)

Last edited:

- Before the Season - 5%
- After GT game - 30%
- After October - 60%
- After the Season - 90%

Yea. At least I do. By a mile to. Give me three game against a legit opponent where Walton did anything and just for fun you can look at his entire career for the games I'm asking for. I'll give you Homer's three.

170 yards vs GT
146 yards vs ND
95 yards vs VT

Homer has 6 career 90+ yard rushing games in 2 years. Walton has 7 in 3 years here. (Homer only played 2 games last year while Walton played every game as a Fr.)

Oh ****, **** just got real....

- Before the Season - 5%
- After GT game - 30%
- After October - 60%
- After the Season - 90%

170 yards vs GT
146 yards vs ND
95 yards vs VT

Different situations. The o-line still isnt great but in walton first 2 years it was much worse than it is now. Walton also had defenses key in on him. Defenses arent keying in on homer.

Advertisement

- Before the Season - 5%
- After GT game - 30%
- After October - 60%
- After the Season - 90%

170 yards vs GT
146 yards vs ND
95 yards vs VT

Different situations. The o-line still isnt great but in walton first 2 years it was much worse than it is now. Walton also had defenses key in on him. Defenses arent keying in on homer.

We also now have a mobile QB which defenses need to account for. Not to mention Walton was splitting carries most of his career. I like Homer; he's a much better back than I expected, he's just not as good as a healthy Walton.

170 yards vs GT
146 yards vs ND
95 yards vs VT

You jumped the gun Canes1977. The season isn't over yet.

For all the breakdowns going on - I think this team is just really bad on offense on the road vs. at home this year. Look at Rosier's completion % in road games vs. home games. Look at Walton/Homer's ypc on the road vs. at home. They're just a different team on the road, and it might just be that simple.

I fully expect a strong bounce back for both Rosier and Homer at home vs. Wisconsin in the Orange Bowl.

90% might be ambitious. Maybe 75-80% thinking Homer is better is more accurate. But I'm pretty sure a large majority thinks Homer is better at this point.

If the stats ChosenOne put up don't make the case for Homer, or just watching how much more explosive Homer is, you know I've got plenty more stats to post.

Last edited:
I think for some reason the running game might be a lil better, but **** we're going to miss Walton

Walton hasn't played since FSU. I think it's great that Homer got to start most of the year. We will see big improvement next year AND LL will push him to keep that starting spot.

what will make the run game better next year are 5 stud O-Linemen and a consistantly accurate playmaker at QB. if we don't have that expect another 9-10 win solid Richt type year, but an average running game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back