Do you use Discord

Do you use Discord

• Yes

Votes: 99 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 111 52.9%

• Total voters
Real-time chatroom-type platform. In contrast to something like Reddit where it is more forum based, where people aren't expected to have conversations in real time. Discord basically consists of groups ("servers" or "guilds") which can be public (findable on Reddit, Server List sites or through Discord Discovery or other servers) or private (just you and your friends/your class/your team at work, etc). Servers consist of text and voice channels, text channels being equivalent to a group chat and voice channels being a call you can join or leave at any time.

So….a chat room?

Advertisement
Pretty much, and depending on the subject of the rooms they are highly customizable. Or as simple as you'd like them to be.

Kind of a chat room blended with a slack channel concept? I don’t know why they don’t just call it a chat room rather than use a word that is not intuitive.

Lol

Advertisement
I think discord would probably be more of like a general OT lounge for CIS. It would probably devolve very quickly lol

I’m just confused why would CIS need that? Like I’m sure there are discord cane channels already..what would be the difference with those, cis discord and CIS?

Advertisement
I’m just confused why would CIS need that? Like I’m sure there are discord cane channels already..what would be the difference with those, cis discord and CIS?
Gameday on this site is practically unusable. Zero real conversation and discussion goes on due to the type of chat forum this uses.
The ideal scenario is Andrew could figure out a way to get a discord-like experience (even if way simplified) for gamedays....

Discord is also good if you're just trying to talk to friends and ****.

I clicked no because I’ve never heard of it before. Looking at thread, I’ve never heard of slack or RTC either

Advertisement
Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back