Do you use Discord

Do you use Discord

• Yes

Votes: 99 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 111 52.9%

• Total voters
Advertisement
I use it for my streaming community and gaming team. It will peel some eyes since it's real time, but the channels that can be created and access to them would be a boon. Keeping trolls out and we may actually be able to have a true insider board. I would be 100% in.
Not being a smart ***, but if someone is not involved in your activities, and I dare say most on here are not, then Discord wouldn’t be of much use.

This is what I do on discord lol.
800CFF60-D40A-4440-A071-9E97F66214E7.png

Gamers been using discord for a minute to organize and get together. Has voice/mic features. It will take traffic away from board.

Before that there were others.

20 years ago there was RW (Roger Wilco), TeamSpeak, and Ventrillo. Those were the big three in gaming, but it seems most use Discord now. I'm not even sure the others are still around.

Either way, they were all developed by gamers for gaming.

Not being a smart ***, but if someone is not involved in your activities, and I dare say most on here are not, then Discord wouldn’t be of much use.
It's like all other goods and services...if you don't want or need them, don't buy it. I wasn't saying use it to replace to site. Use it to supplement the site. In addition, it's another stream of potential revenue for the owners.

Advertisement
It's like all other goods and services...if you don't want or need them, don't buy it. I wasn't saying use it to replace to site. Use it to supplement the site. In addition, it's another stream of potential revenue for the owners.
Econ 101. Risk vs reward. I have no vested interest in the site and it could possibly be another revenue stream for the owners. It could also draw visitors away from this site thus reducing it’s revenue that’s based on ad revenue connected to those visits.

I really enjoy the site how it is. That being said, I am on three servers on discord and I also use it for international calls. I have a phone call tomorrow to the Netherlands and one later this week to Australia. Both on discord. Discord is also great for sharing insider type information. If there were a discord, I would definitely stop by and kick it with the youngins.

I am new to Discord but so far the integration to Xenforo user groups is pretty straight forward. It helps that a good developer wrote an add-on to support all of this. I view popular technology such as Discord as an opportunity but that doesn't mean we are going to always run a wide open Discord. We could limit it for events or have it behind a paywall. I really don't know where we will land but we shouldn't wait a popular service like Discord go to waste.

Advertisement
Don't think it'll be a good idea to invest into something that'll drive traffic away from the site. Discord is generally great for real time discussions but outside of that, forums reign superior for the general sharing and withholding of information/ideas. Though, it would be pretty interesting to listen to @I'm james Jackson brother yell everything over voice chat

Trying to understand if a CanesInSight Discord would be a good fit.
Mainly to coordinate with some friends in some FPSs.

Problem with Discord is lessened traffic here as people split their time with CiS and Discord. This will create more problems as people silo into their own groups and conversations go from bodily to cellular. I just don't think it is a good idea for the robustness of the community here, tbh.

It is hands down the best solution for live chat during events. No question about it. Could even create it as an add-on to CIS and put it behind a paywall. People can choose to use it or not.

Advertisement
I am new to Discord but so far the integration to Xenforo user groups is pretty straight forward. It helps that a good developer wrote an add-on to support all of this. I view popular technology such as Discord as an opportunity but that doesn't mean we are going to always run a wide open Discord. We could limit it for events or have it behind a paywall. I really don't know where we will land but we shouldn't wait a popular service like Discord go to waste.
Out of curiosity, I googled Discord to see what’s up. Seems like a popular platform for open discussions that can be monitored for content. Will a CIS Discord cannibalize this site by taking users away and reducing clicks? Who will be the hall monitor?

Out of curiosity, I googled Discord to see what’s up. Seems like a popular platform for open discussions that can be monitored for content. Will a CIS Discord cannibalize this site by taking users away and reducing clicks? Who will be the hall monitor?
Get rid of the gameday board that requires constant refreshing and is almost impossible to use for live events. Collect a small payment to access the Discord and direct traffic during games to discord so those of us watching at home can ***** in real-time.

Advertisement
It is hands down the best solution for live chat during events. No question about it. Could even create it as an add-on to CIS and put it behind a paywall. People can choose to use it or not.
Discord for Gameday Discussion is a great idea

Advertisement
Back