Do you think they will Cancel Ark St. Game

JeffreyG

Recruit
Premium
For selfish reasons I hope not. Missouri resident excited to see them play plus wouldnt get a refund from Vivid Seats anyway.
I know it would be hard for the guys to focus.

Advertisement
The game is in Arkansas, why would it be cancelled?

UM likes to be over cautious with everything. I doubt it but anything is possible. If they are playing games in Florida(fsu is moving their game to Saturday at 12:15) and fau is still playing I don't see why we wouldn't play in Arkansas

Dude...it's an away game. Irma will still be in Cuba on Saturday. Jonesboro, Arkansas might just be the safest place in the country...unless you happen to play football for Arkansas State. There's a whole different hurricane headed your way.

Advertisement
I think it's entirely possible that we request to Arkansas State that the game be moved. The reality is that these guys could quite possibly not be able to come home for a significant amount of time after Saturday. Not just players either, the entire football program that travels.

If they aren't sure whether they will be able to get people home safely then of course this should be on the table.

For anyone who was a student in Fall 2005, you remember the university not shutting things down early enough. The rain and wind were worse than expected and arrived earlier than expected, and the result was kids trying to get home to Broward or Palm Beach to help their families board up after classes and getting caught in the weather. Everyone should be overly cautious with this stuff.

Advertisement
I think it's entirely possible that we request to Arkansas State that the game be moved. The reality is that these guys could quite possibly not be able to come home for a significant amount of time after Saturday. Not just players either, the entire football program that travels.

That's what Blake was referring to in the link above, this thing can mess up travel plans, including being able to fly there and back.

Advertisement

That's what Blake was referring to in the link above, this thing can mess up travel plans, including being able to fly there and back.

If it is that devastating of a hurricane that they can't fly back, wouldn't it best to be away from it anyways at that point? Devastating

If they can't get back for a week they need to call Jerry Jones and see if they can use the Cowboy facilities .

Advertisement
Classes are already cancelled from Thursday forward.

People are wigging out, there's no water from the Ft. Myers to where I live (about 90 miles) literally every store from there and here is bone dry. I just went to Walmart and everything is bare. Key West and Miami Beach has been mandatory evacuated. My fiance teaches in Belle Glade and school is closed Thursday on. Also, you guys in South Florida better fill your gas tanks up, my friend works for a gas company and they told him that no more gas is coming to the port of Miami until the storm passes and I've heard a lot of stations in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale are already out.

If it is that devastating of a hurricane that they can't fly back, wouldn't it best to be away from it anyways at that point? Devastating
They probably want the players to be with their families, whether they stay or choose to go somewhere else. My cousin had a flight cancelled on Sunday from down here to Maryland, he's driving back tomorrow.

Advertisement
Back