Do you think they will Cancel Ark St. Game

For selfish reasons I hope not. Missouri resident excited to see them play plus wouldnt get a refund from Vivid Seats anyway.
I know it would be hard for the guys to focus.

.^^^^the intellectual bankruptcy of being educated in government indoctrination camps. Some call them public schools

Advertisement
We should cancel the season and spend it in an underground bunker intermittently crying, trembling, and having homosexual butt activity.

Advertisement
you guys are all so tough. it's awesome. love it. I mean its not like coaches, support staff, players etc have family and all in the possible path of the hurricane despite them being safe and sound in **** kicking arkansas. Everyone is wrong to worry right, cause category 5 storms with 185mph winds even if it comes down before landfall are pretty much everyday occurrences like rain at 4PM in the summer.

I'd figure they will reschedule the game for later in the season.

Which only helps us.

I think Blake mentioned there wasn't a date it could be done and if it wasn't played it would be cancelled.

I missed that completely. Any sauce?

Hurricane Irma: University of Miami AD says ‘everything is on the table’ in prep for intense storm | Canes Watch

Thanks.

In that case I hope we play the game this Saturday.

I think it's entirely possible that we request to Arkansas State that the game be moved. The reality is that these guys could quite possibly not be able to come home for a significant amount of time after Saturday. Not just players either, the entire football program that travels.
Why is this post being down voted?

Advertisement
Most likely we won't return to South Florida after the game. If this storm hits even practicing on campus next week will be impossible.

The Ark St game will be played, but the AD is almost certainly working on finding us a place to practice next week.

Classes will be cancelled next week anyways, so that won't be an issue

I think it's entirely possible that we request to Arkansas State that the game be moved. The reality is that these guys could quite possibly not be able to come home for a significant amount of time after Saturday. Not just players either, the entire football program that travels.

Because the game is getting played.

The game is in Arkansas, why would it be cancelled?

UM likes to be over cautious with everything. I doubt it but anything is possible. If they are playing games in Florida(fsu is moving their game to Saturday at 12:15) and fau is still playing I don't see why we wouldn't play in Arkansas

so they would cancel the game and leave their student athletes IN miami instead of being in arkansas to be precautious ha?

we ******. arky state can't avoid this *** whoopin'

UM likes to be over cautious with everything. I doubt it but anything is possible. If they are playing games in Florida(fsu is moving their game to Saturday at 12:15) and fau is still playing I don't see why we wouldn't play in Arkansas

so they would cancel the game and leave their student athletes IN miami instead of being in arkansas to be precautious ha?

we ****in. arky state can't avoid this *** whoopin'

Finally, someone who gets it.?
Everyone is evacuating S FL, yet posters think our football team should stay and cancel the game. I mean, really?

The lack of common sense on this board sometimes just shocks me

Advertisement

Apparently you know more about the status of this game than the AD of Miami

Athletics Director Blake James said “everything is on the table” with regard to storm preparation and the potential moving of UM’s game Saturday at Arkansas State (3:30 p.m., ESPNU).
UM announced before 1:40 p.m. Tuesday it was canceling classes Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
UM’s travel could be affected, to name one sports-focused example of the storm’s impact. The hurricane could shutter South Florida airports, making it difficult to return home. The team is staying Memphis and driving to the game in Jonesboro, Ark., which is 70 miles away.
James said he spoke with Arkansas State AD Terry Mohajir earlier Tuesday. The Hurricanes (1-0) and Red Wolves (0-1) do not have a mutual open date, which could make rescheduling the game difficult.
“It’s hard to know too much right now, not knowing the path of the storm,” James said. “We need to pray for the best for anyone in the path and be ready to make decisions at the right time.”

The game is going to happen, now I have no idea when the team will be able to fly back to Miami. We might have to prepare for FSU in Arkansas

Advertisement

Everyone is evacuating S FL, yet posters think our football team should stay and cancel the game. I mean, really?

It's not just about flying back to Miami after the storm, but also letting people do whatever preparations they may need to do to make sure their families, houses, etc are safe between now and when (if) the hurricane hits.

Apparently you know more about the status of this game than the AD of Miami

Athletics Director Blake James said “everything is on the table” with regard to storm preparation and the potential moving of UM’s game Saturday at Arkansas State (3:30 p.m., ESPNU).
UM announced before 1:40 p.m. Tuesday it was canceling classes Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
UM’s travel could be affected, to name one sports-focused example of the storm’s impact. The hurricane could shutter South Florida airports, making it difficult to return home. The team is staying Memphis and driving to the game in Jonesboro, Ark., which is 70 miles away.
James said he spoke with Arkansas State AD Terry Mohajir earlier Tuesday. The Hurricanes (1-0) and Red Wolves (0-1) do not have a mutual open date, which could make rescheduling the game difficult.
“It’s hard to know too much right now, not knowing the path of the storm,” James said. “We need to pray for the best for anyone in the path and be ready to make decisions at the right time.”

Yes, I'm aware of that.

As I've mentioned on this board before, I worked for the AD's office when I was a student. I asked someone I know that still works there what was going to happen earlier today and was told they're working on changing the travel logistics, based on the status of the storm. They fully intend to play the game though, but as we saw with Matthew last year, Blake likes to keep his options open as long as possible.

It's not just about flying back to Miami after the storm, but also letting people do whatever preparations they may need to do to make sure their families, houses, etc are safe between now and when (if) the hurricane hits.

You just don't understand how UM works.

For UM, it really is all about the safety of the students. Staff and everyone else is purely secondary

UM is directly liable for the well-being of the kids on the team. While it's harsh and difficult for people on here to believe, they are the priority when it comes to making decisions about where/when games will be played

Advertisement
Back