Do you like/follow any other College FB teams besides UM?

Some folks have a second-favorite team, but I do not.

I keep up with FSU and UF because, as Michael Corleone said, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

I watch those clowns play on TV just to pull for their opponent that particular week. If the Turds/Holes start to put the game away, then I turn the channel.

I also enjoy seeing Notre Dame lose.

Advertisement
My pops played for Utah State so I usually grab a couple home games a year with him.

I love college football so I don't mind watching almost any game. I'll always have a reason to want one of the teams to win.

ETA: of course I'll be watching Butch Davis the God.

Last edited:
I'm the same way OP. I'll watch UF or FSU any time they're on.

Advertisement
No.

And if you have a "2nd favorite team" then you're f.a g.

It's the Miami Hurricanes first and fūck everyone else 2nd.

Of course I do watch and enjoy other college games, but just to see who I want to hate on more

I don't have a second favorite team, but I always hope ucf does well because of Culpepper. Other than that the rest of CFB can go fvck themselves

I have no second favorites. I really hate everyone else. I just hate some less than others. I typically will root for the underdog and the smaller schools if Miami isn't playing. Loved when Clemson beat Bammer for the championship.

Advertisement
I might watch a marquee matchup or a good game if the Canes aren't on. Follow any other teams? No. Other than that I'd rather be fishing with my son. Or avoiding the coppers in my gt500.

No.

Of course I do watch and enjoy other college games, but just to see who I want to hate on more

I guess I'm a *** then, or at least bi. I'm a Tulane alum, so they're my second favorite team.

definitely keep an eye on UF and FSU in hopes that they lose every game they ever play. I'm not making a point to turn those games on, though. Just keep tabs on them when I know they're on. I still watch the bigger games most weeks, regardless of which conference or who the matchup is. Wouldn't say I "follow" any other team.

Advertisement
I'll watch almost any college football game fi I've got nothing else to do. Even the crappy MAC-tion on Thursday and Friday nights.

I went to UCF so I follow their program casually. I'll root for them as long as there's nothing Miami related to do with the game. That said, I was a fan of Miami football before I ever went to college or even high school for that matter so I ride with the 'Canes first and foremost.

Full blown CFB junkie. From week 1 through the playoff its one of the craziest, most exciting sports season year in and year out. It seems to be getting better also. I watch as much as possible.

Go Canes!

Yes I watch other teams. Love to see ND, UF and FSU lose. But as a fan, I support Stanford (I live in Cali). Why?

My best buddy from high school (way back in the day) played at Stanford. We are still best friends. He follows Cane recruiting and watches them on TV. He has already sent me a text congratulating the Canes on the Brevin Jordan commit. I do the same, following Stanford recruiting and going to one game per year.

Tailgating at Stanford is very fun, parking on the grass under the Eucalyptus trees surrounding the stadium. Chill atmosphere. Just as much wine as beer consumed by the affluent alumni base. Watching Christian McCaffrey was a pleasure. Most versatile RB since Reggie Bush.

By the way, Stanford is VERY concerned about and opposed to the new early signing date in December. The Admissions Dept there has always insisted on seeing grades from a recruit's first senior semester before signing off on admitting that recruit. Now, they will have to accelerate that admission decision or risk losing players to other top schools willing to guarantee admission. David Shaw is scrambling.

Advertisement
Yes I watch other teams. Love to see ND, UF and FSU lose. But as a fan, I support Stanford (I live in Cali). Why?

My best buddy from high school (way back in the day) played at Stanford. We are still best friends. He follows Cane recruiting and watches them on TV. He has already sent me a text congratulating the Canes on the Brevin Jordan commit. I do the same, following Stanford recruiting and going to one game per year.

Tailgating at Stanford is very fun, parking on the grass under the Eucalyptus trees surrounding the stadium. Chill atmosphere. Just as much wine as beer consumed by the affluent alumni base. Watching Christian McCaffrey was a pleasure. Most versatile RB since Reggie Bush.

By the way, Stanford is VERY concerned about and opposed to the new early signing date in December. The Admissions Dept there has always insisted on seeing grades from a recruit's first senior semester before signing off on admitting that recruit. Now, they will have to accelerate that admission decision or risk losing players to other top schools willing to guarantee admission. David Shaw is scrambling.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that tidbit.

would rep

No.

I guess I'm a *** then, or at least bi. I'm a Tulane alum, so they're my second favorite team.

I know several big time cane fans, season ticket holders, H club members, and contributors that graduated from other schools including UFailure.
Not a one would tell you they have a 2nd favorite team, in fact many actively hate their alma mater's teams, especially the UFailure graduates.

So yea, if you have a 2nd favorite team, you're not a cane. That's according to my definition of a cane, and it ain't changing.

Advertisement
Back