Do you like/follow any other College FB teams besides UM?

I cheer for Clemson ('98 grad), but don't care nearly as much compared with the Canes. Only time I truly focus on Clemson is when they're playing FSU or another SEC school.

I fly back (from NC) for Canes games and rarely make the 90 min drive to Clemson for a game.

Advertisement
Say as you will about me...but I have many interests in other schools..and root for them!! I have a soft spot for Georgia...as they have sent us the preacher..we just about to start kicking programs doors in again!! Thanx again Georgia!! For 4 hours every game day, I'm a fan of whomever is playing against the semenholes..as well as Ufag!! ( guess that's 2 teams each game day) then when Miami is ranked..in a fan, of anyone who can pull an upset, to effectivly move Miami's ranking higher.

Yes I watch other teams. Love to see ND, UF and FSU lose. But as a fan, I support Stanford (I live in Cali). Why?

My best buddy from high school (way back in the day) played at Stanford. We are still best friends. He follows Cane recruiting and watches them on TV. He has already sent me a text congratulating the Canes on the Brevin Jordan commit. I do the same, following Stanford recruiting and going to one game per year.

Tailgating at Stanford is very fun, parking on the grass under the Eucalyptus trees surrounding the stadium. Chill atmosphere. Just as much wine as beer consumed by the affluent alumni base. Watching Christian McCaffrey was a pleasure. Most versatile RB since Reggie Bush.

By the way, Stanford is VERY concerned about and opposed to the new early signing date in December. The Admissions Dept there has always insisted on seeing grades from a recruit's first senior semester before signing off on admitting that recruit. Now, they will have to accelerate that admission decision or risk losing players to other top schools willing to guarantee admission. David Shaw is scrambling.

God that campus is beautiful, got lost there once trying to make it to a restaurant lol.

I don't root for any other team than Miami... #ItsAllAboutTheU !

But, I do watch a ton of College football, I watch it more than any other sport, I just love the game.

I don't root for anyone else, but I certainly keep up with certain players/recruits and like to watch them play & see how they develop on their teams.

For instance, I really liked Deatrick Nichols coming out of Central & wished we would've recruited him here, but I've kept up with him during his time at USF & he's turned out to be a pretty **** good CB, so yeah I definitely root for him on a personal level.

Felt the same for my boy Tray Walker when he ended up at Texas Southern & as a Ravens fan I couldn't have been more happy when they drafted him in the 4th round... It's still saddening how he passed away so young (#RIPTray).

College football is the greatest sport on the planet. I will literally watch any game that is on and will always enjoy myself. So, I guess you could say I watch a lot of teams play.

In regards to your question, I don't have a "second favorite team," and I don't "follow" any other teams either.

With that being said, if the Canes are not playing them, I always pull for Army, Navy, and Air Force. I have the utmost respect for people who serve in our military, so I have a soft spot for those schools. If that makes me an a**hole, then so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Advertisement
Now that my 'Cane son is starting his MBA at Michigan (a top program, where he is now repping his UM undergrad degree...What's not to like?) I have resigned myself to showing at least a passing interest in the Wolverines whenever nothing that is of real concern to me, i.e. anything to do with The []_[], is happening. Since Michigan is despised by O$Uck and there are not too many on CIS who despise the $uckeyes, Suckeyestreit, the $ucknut fans, and pretty much anything O$Uck more than me, I think I can get a modicum of enjoyment out of it.

plate #5.jpg

Last edited:
I've been watching UNC for the past 4 years because my brother plays there. This will be my last year watching them. As long as he does well I could care less if they win or lose.

I am also a yuge college football fan. It's my number 1 sport and it's not even close. As a Miami alum, I have no second team. However, I do like USC (west, of course), mainly because of the similarities between the Canes, and Trojans. I would love to see us play USC in a bowl or playoff game when both teams are loaded.

Advertisement
I have no second favorite team. I hope FSU and ND lose every game but I usually don't care enough to watch them.

I follow FSU and UF cuz we recruit against them. Other than that it's all ABOUT this U.

Advertisement
I like Clemson because they fired Folden

I also like their offense because I believe that is precisely the way we should have started playing offense over a decade a go.

Make no mistake about it though, they are the enemy.

Unfortunately, I may feel like I have to root for FSU to beat Bama first game of the year because the ACC needs to continue to dominate the SEC like they did last year. The ACC needs to topple the SEC off its pedestal.

I only root for UM. I may have an interest in the outcome of other games (namely will it benefit UM if ____ wins or ____ loses), but my family is all Cane.

My son's name is Cane, we wear UM colors. We don't wear any combination of Blue/Orange or Garnet/Gold at all.

I have friends that are fans of other programs and that's fine, but they know where we stand.

Being a Canes fan in Polk County isn't easy, but **** if it isn't worth it.

My second favorite team is the one playing the team I want to lose. It changes hourly on Saturdays.

Advertisement
the worst people in the world are the ones who root for Miami in football and then root for Duke or UCLA or UNC in NCAA Basketball. Or a Miami Heat and New York Yankee fan, seriously those people should be banned from sports.

I live in Chicago and the Canes are the only priority for me to watch, If they are not on ABC or ESPN then I am out of luck. Once College Football season starts I'm pretty much planted on the couch from 8am to 11pm watching any and all games available to me, I don't consciously "root" for other teams unless it's for them to lose... and by that I mean EVERY Notre Dame game that's on and if the score is close I tune in just for the hope that whomever ND are playing beats them. It was definitely conflicting for me last year as I found myself cheering for Duke and Vag Tech in those games.

My son's name is Cane, we wear UM colors. We don't wear any combination of Blue/Orange or Garnet/Gold at all.

Being a Canes fan in Polk County isn't easy, but **** if it isn't worth it.

You, sir, are to be commended as a man of principle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back