Do we root for ....

We never play the Gators so why would I hate them more than FSU? Because some old man told me I'm supposed to? SMH no.

Gators are just some team that also happens to also be in the same state. That's it. Out of sight out of mind. FSU is a real rival and we've played them every year for as long as I can remember, and sometimes with national title considerations.

Don't tell me about some 1970's Gator flip flop or whatever nonsense. Nobody cares. FSU is our biggest rival by far, and it's been that way for some time.

As a recent alum, FSU is absolutely the bigger rival to me. Dalvin Cook ripping my heart out >>>> whatever happened in past decades. I'm sure older fans feel differently. It's all relative.

Advertisement
You feel how you feel, but people who grow up down here in the heart of the City don't hate their own, alot of why the game is not like it use to be is because both schools got away from the way they use to recruit and now alot of the talent is being poached from all over the state by those security & exchange commission conferences. With coach diaz being here, the emphasis on recruiting is about back where it should be. I'm not sure bout FSU but what we do know about norvell, he knows offensive talent for sure, will they be able to recruit defensive guts with that 4-3 coordinator they have now will be the question.
Bruh, don't take what I say too seriously. It's a message board. I know a lot of their players and fans are from Miami. I don't wish them a burning death, lol. HATE them. ****, some of people that I now call friends are fans of Uif and F$U. I work for a F$U grad. We go back and forth all the time.

Com'on man....

"Sunshine State authorities busted a massive child *** trafficking network this week, ending a two-year probe that netted nearly 200 arrests, including a high-profile booster for Florida State University, according to a report and police."

ROFL, you truly don't know ****, I understand why you trying to figure it out, you're either not from Miami, or another part of Miami, just alot of simple stuff you don't know about, you must be a new UM fan. The fact that you brought up gaytor flop and we hardly play them tells me all I need to know about you. Do you know why we don't really play the gaytors. You need to understand the real history of UM football, you just jumping in the fray hating FSU as if you know something and you really don't, it's not your fault if you didn't know but it will be if you choose not to understand!

This conversation is like asking a man which one he likes better, ****ies or ***. There’s no wrong answer.

Let me explain this another way. For a team to be a rival, it means I have to feel some kind of way about them. FSU is a rival. The Gator doesn’t rise to that level of respect in my eyes.

I feel nothing for the gators one way or the other. They’re dead to me. I don’t respect them enough to hate them, they’re just irrelevant to my eyes because we never even play them.

I’m also not going to let someone tell me what to think or how to be a fan. That’s where I’m coming from

Advertisement
if a Clemson loss improves our odds of playing in the ACCCG then go Noles. I don't understand people wanting to inflict bad things on us just so there are even worse things for the other? Is that like a misery loves company thing?
I just don’t believe that’s the best scenario for us this year. Playing and getting Beat lopsided in a Prime time National televised game by ND. We’re not yet ready for that type matchup as the Clemson loss showed. ND OL and DL well Front 7 on defense is better than Clemson’s. The Best scenario for us this season IMO is to win out and win our Bowl game and finish ranked top 5-7. This will allow the positive momentum to finish this class and attack the next class and hopefully get some game changers on the OL and front 7 on defense, as these are the critical areas keeping us from being Elite right now!!

Listen, ***** is you talking bout, don't be an arrogant *** and a clown and think you know something when you don't, if you grew up in Miami where alot of us did, alot of guys that went to FSU grew up with us, we just wanted to beat they *** when we played em, after that, have a good season. In them days, ****'s wasn't allowed to go to the gaytors for many reasons, if somebody did, they basically couldn't come back to the neighborhood!
This thread is not about the Gators.

I grew up in Hialeah.
I hated F$U.

The end.

Bruh, don't take what I say too seriously. It's a message board. I know a lot of their players and fans are from Miami. I don't wish them a burning death, lol. HATE them. ****, some of people that I now call friends are fans of Uif and F$U. I work for a F$U grad. We go back and forth all the time.
Gotcha!

This conversation is like asking a man which one he likes better, ****ies or ***. There’s no wrong answer.

Let me explain this another way. For a team to be a rival, it means I have to feel some kind of way about them. FSU is a rival. The Gator doesn’t rise to that level of respect in my eyes.

I feel nothing for the gators one way or the other. They’re dead to me. I don’t respect them enough to hate them, they’re just irrelevant to my eyes because we never even play them.

I’m also not going to let someone tell me what to think or how to be a fan. That’s where I’m coming from
You're still missing the point, no matter how confused you are, at the end of the day, you seem to be all UM, but still, the history is important, the new fans have misplaced hate!

Advertisement
This thread is not about the Gators.

I grew up in Hialeah.
I hated F$U.

The end.
This thread aint about Hialeah..?? It must have been hard being a t-bag I mean t-bred. Just messing with you. I guess I don't hate FSU as much as others. I hope they knock Clemson off this week.

ND doesn't give us the beat down Clemson did and being showcased in a huge game can only help recruiting. Besides, no UM team I have ever known ran away from anything we embraced it and then danced on your logo.

This thread aint about Hialeah..?? It must have been hard being a t-bag I mean t-bred. Just messing with you. I guess I don't hate FSU as much as others. I hope they knock Clemson off this week.

ND doesn't give us the beat down Clemson did and being showcased in a huge game can only help recruiting. Besides, no UM team I have ever known ran away from anything we embraced it and then danced on your logo.
A agree with our 2001 Champion O lineman.

Advertisement
fsu this weekend???? ;););)
Since both teams can't simultaneously lose, and a Clemson loss is beneficial....

I'll be rooting for a 3-2 FSU win. A game filled with turnovers, inexplicably inept play on Clemson's part, Dabo and Venerables shouting at each other on the sidelines and both storming off, FSU players opting out in the second quarter, and the Seminoles horse causing a delay of game by running around in circles on the field for a full fifteen minutes in the third quarter.

Any chance to get to the ACC championship is a good thing. I personally would prefer UNC to beat ND 45-28 and then we take care of business against UNC at home to close the season. NOBODY in their right mind could put ND above us then. They've had two close games against Louisville and BC. A Clemson loss against Trevor is much better than a UNC loss. That of course assumes Miami wins out and that's big assumption.
U make sense but if that happens along with clempson and da U winning out I thought we miss out on the ACC 3-way tiebreaker scenarios with us losing to clempson and clempson losing to the lucky lamers, right?

We root for Clemson to beat them 66-3, and then FSU cancels their season for covid, and they live with the stench of this and a horrible recruiting class for 8 months.

Advertisement
Let's be clear: anyone who hates a team other than UiF "the most," is a virtual instant indicator to me that they're not from here. There's nothing wrong with being from out of state, of course, but I have no idea how someone who grew up here could hate anyone other than UiF the most.

I grew up there and the Gates are a non-factor to me aside from recruiting.

I also wasn't born when the Flop occurred, so don't really care.

Finally, I don't hate FSU, but I respect what the rivalry is and it was balls out some years back when I was in my formative stages.

Hate, it's football, I don't hate anyone. I have a very strong dislike, more likely utter disdain for the Domers. Very close second would be Ohio State. Aside from those two, other teams are just other teams.

Advertisement
Back