Do people really think Dawson called a bad game?

That's fan speak. And in my heart I agree. But we learned from last year, that would only do more harm than good. TVD is our best option currently on roster to win the most games we can this year. His psyche couldn't handle being benched & then turned to again the next game to start.

The coaches are "stuck" with him & have to handle him in a way that works best for him. He needs to be coddled, to put it bluntly. If they bench him then they need to move on from him permanently because he'll be damaged goods at that point.

They believe in him to an extent & they need to manage him accordingly. If he's playing with confidence, you let him loose. If he's ****ting his pants, you wipe his ***.
You don’t have to completely “bench him.” As you said the runs weren’t straight up beat your man play calls. Bring in the Jacurri package and put the defense in conflict. Something outside of what was called. They shut down the run game in the 2nd half. So if you are afraid to throw the ball, get creative. What Dawson did was essentially hope and pray something worked, that hadn’t in 30 minutes of game time.

Advertisement
You don’t have to completely “bench him.” As you said the runs weren’t straight up beat your man play calls. Bring in the Jacurri package and put the defense in conflict. Something outside of what was called. They shut down the run game in the 2nd half. So if you are afraid to throw the ball, get creative. What Dawson did was essentially hope and pray something worked, that hadn’t in 30 minutes of game time.
Sigh. True. Very true.

Can't be on Dawson for the game,his QB was brain dead. You take a timeout and QB throws into triple coverage.QB makes late throw to his 5'9 BFF instead of hitting wide open checkdown in the flats. Blame game is pretty simple, a victory formation is the best playcall!.

Dawson made the right adjustments, he called multiple Deep shots & had us moving the ball down in the red zone on 4 possessions.

Did yall not watch the game? Every time we had momentum & was in position to score TVD threw a bad pick.

The decision not to kneel the ball comes down to them trying to get Chaney 100yds & Mario not stepping in & overriding the decision. The game was won, that’s the crazy part, it was over lol

Advertisement
It was probably his worst outing as our OC. Didn't seem to adjust to what the defense was doing but also not his fault Tyler was playing completely out of control (well as the OC and QB coach maybe a little).

Still put up a bunch of yards as was enough to win THIS game (which of course we still found a way to lose). I think another showing like that though will cost us a win agaist a tougher opponent. The offense as a whole needs to be better to have a shot in our remaining games.

How the team continues to improve after that mistake last night idk. Hopefully they can find a way. I guess we'll see next Saturday.

Advertisement
He played into the DC’s hands and him and the qb were too impatient at times

This is my biggest fear about last night's debacle.

Last night we (and every ACC coach) learned that TVD is not a QB who takes what the defense gives him on a consistent basis. He'll do it to an extent but then always wants to come back and fire off a **** looking ball into double coverage. Im interested to see how this plays out going forward.

We running 2 TE sets with McCormick often out wide, not split, but the widest man. All the "self scouting" really looks like Marios fingerprints on the offensive game plan. Fixing **** that isn't broken.

Lots of hamstringing the playbook. Looks like it was planned like we were going against an FCS team trying not to show anything on film. Mario does this often. That offensive game plan is on Mario.

Somehow the offense was still good enough to win the game.

**** Mario and **** anyone who tries to shift blame anywhere else. Mario makes 8 million a year. I've got no sympathy.

This is my biggest fear about last night's debacle.

Last night we (and every ACC coach) learned that TVD is not a QB who takes what the defense gives him on a consistent basis. He'll do it to an extent but then always wants to come back and fire off a **** looking ball into double coverage. Im interested to see how this plays out going forward.
Does anyone think that TVD’s draft stock might have dropped a couple of rounds last night?

Advertisement
I thought TVD made some bad reads but the overall game plan was fine, left some points on the field with ints, and the ending just can’t ever happen. Ever. Me excusing it, own it and move in.

Yes, @Problem2 - I think coach Dawson called a very poor game. We ran the ball far too much. Moreover, our run plays were incredibly vanilla. No trap blocks, no crossbucks, no misdirection, nutten! It was all straight up "hat on hat" blocking with a running back trying to squeeze through a hole. This is why Chaney looked better than Parrish. That style of run game favored Chaney's running style better.

Furthermore, when it became clear that the team was playing flat, Dawson did nothing to overcome that. No trick plays, no misdirection, nothing. He refused to even look at page two of his play chart. It was a subpar effort on his part last night.

Advertisement
He played into the DC’s hands and him and the qb were too impatient at times
I gotta watch the game in detail though I don’t want to. I know there was a lot of underneath stuff opened. I think TVD also leaves a lot of yards on the field by not using his legs. Too afraid to get hit and you know how that ends up when you’re scared to play at any level.

Now I’ll definitely blame him for not kneeling. And they for sure didn’t look as crisp as before, but we **** near had 500 yards still and multiple drives in the red zone that we came of up with nothiig

If it wasn’t for the bull**** hold and TVD shrinking up, that’s a multi score game and the last drive doesn’t even matter.
Terrible game plan. Vanilla and then tvd had his worst game. Oline was mediocre.

Buddy Ryan or whoever Brent Key hired as DC won that matchup.
Now I’ll definitely blame him for not kneeling. And they for sure didn’t look as crisp as before, but we **** near had 500 yards still and multiple drives in the red zone that we came of up with nothiig

If it wasn’t for the bull**** hold and TVD shrinking up, that’s a multi score game and the last drive doesn’t even matter.

Advertisement
Back