Do people really think Dawson called a bad game?

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Now I’ll definitely blame him for not kneeling. And they for sure didn’t look as crisp as before, but we **** near had 500 yards still and multiple drives in the red zone that we came of up with nothiig

If it wasn’t for the bull**** hold and TVD shrinking up, that’s a multi score game and the last drive doesn’t even matter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He called a pretty solid game.

The int's thrown....there were guys open....some was on tvd but the last one was jacolby george on choice route. But his passing concepts had guys open and TVD aint hit on those throws.

Only thing i aint like is us going double tight and tighten the formation to just run dive.....seemed we were getting what we want with them spread out and running it.

The unmitigated disaster was no victory formation, but then again we havent done it all year and thats on the HC more so.

The GT safeties were sitting at 15 and trying to contain everything. The Miami OL was giving TVD all freaking day yet we only threw it past 15 yards 3-4 times. TVD had one INT on a forced pass to X and two caught (X/Young). We should have been running verts with Harrell/George/Young/Smith all freaking game to open the run even more.

This was not the Dawson at the end of Texas A&M. This was Dawson playing "I don't know what this new DC is going to do so I'm going conservative"

Advertisement
Advertisement
TVD killed us. He could have had three bad quarters, and still won by multiple scores if he tightened up in the fourth.

He was an unmitigated disaster and set the tone for the game. No question.

This game was a complete program disaster. We could blame - individually - a lot of entities - TVD included. But the reality is, it is a sum of all parts loss.

We could have ran the ball as we were averaging 6ypc and TVD took the underneath stuff as guys were being schemed open. On a night that weather conditions weren't great and the universe seemed to not want us to win but we did everything else to win...you do your job as coaches and coordinators, get the W and GTEFOOT and focus for North Carolina

There's definitely blame to go around but TVD clearly got to reading his own press.. again.

He called a pretty solid game.

The int's thrown....there were guys open....some was on tvd but the last one was jacolby george on choice route. But his passing concepts had guys open and TVD aint hit on those throws.

Only thing i aint like is us going double tight and tighten the formation to just run dive.....seemed we were getting what we want with them spread out and running it.

The unmitigated disaster was no victory formation, but then again we havent done it all year and thats on the HC more so.

All of that, but I'd love to have a playbook in front of me to know the plays in detail. TVD moves on to or back to Restrepo too quick. At least that's how it feels and looks from the TV, but hard to say not always seeing the whole field.

Advertisement
Back